Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Women of Bioware rejoice!

Peter

Arcane
Ugh. And I was actually kind of interested in this game.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
codexragedeclined.gif

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Wait.
Now you can skip combat.
In a GTA game.

What the hell is left then? Driving around?

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Providing an option that allows players to skip difficult sequences that rely on traditional game-playing skills seems like a smart decision to welcome those casual gamers in.

Harken, the end of days has come.

oscar

Arcane
If shit like this meant they made games more complex and challenging but the "casuals" could skip it and look at the pretty cut-scenes and romance aliens then I wouldn't really mind.

So, the CRPG developers are attempting to get to a GTA like state (not as fun however), and now GTA is being dumbed down.

Thank god War games have been indie only for years now. I can just imagine a romantic cutscene between a major blitzkrieg attack.

hitler_300x200.jpg

Peter

Arcane
oscar said:
If shit like this meant they made games more complex and challenging but the "casuals" could skip it and look at the pretty cut-scenes and romance aliens then I wouldn't really mind.

But we all know that isn't happening. They casualize everything and then they let the casuals skip the casual shit.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, what I've been trying to figure out is why should I be expected to push a button for something awesome to happen during my cinematic experience? I should be able to put the disc in, press start and be entertained. I can't wait for the games of the future that will finally feature no button gameplay kind of like the Wii or Kinect except for people who hate moving.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Rockstar hasn't been a good company since GTA4 came out.

Also, casuals don't buy hardcore games as it is. They buy arcade-like games, which hardly any mainstream developer is making.

attackfighter

Magister
Too bad they went for cartoon graphics instead of black and white. It would've been far more atmospheric with black and white graphics, 'specially considering it's meant to be based off of film noire...

dbx said:
Wait.
Now you can skip combat.
In a GTA game.

There's interrogating people, looking for clues and probably some other detective work.

J1M

Arcane
I would approve of this if it meant the combat sequences could be properly balanced to be brutally difficult... and it was a PC game.

Honestly, who cares about this console garbage?

dbx

Arcane
Patron
attackfighter said:
Too bad they went for cartoon graphics instead of black and white. It would've been far more atmospheric with black and white graphics, 'specially considering it's meant to be based off of film noire...

dbx said:
Wait.
Now you can skip combat.
In a GTA game.

There's interrogating people, looking for clues and probably some other detective work.

So, like a dumbed down version of Under a Killing Moon and the likes...

History sure is repeating here...

Captain Shrek

Xor said:
Also, casuals don't buy hardcore games as it is. They buy arcade-like games, which hardly any mainstream developer is making.

And that's why say goodbye to 'hard-core' games from mainstream media.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Probably for the same reasons we do - to have fun. Simple, arcade-like games are clearly fun to a wider audience than the hardcore cinematic games of today.

waywardOne

Arcane
i'm fairly certain my wife will try persuading me to buy a console capable of playing this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom