Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Puukko

Arcane
Three and a half hours on Lu Bu. My poor arm hasn't hurt this much since Margit with kb+m. It's a very fun fight and even after all that I kind of want to do it more cleanly.

Minor complaint, this game doesn't buffer inputs enough. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't be complaining about something like that considering how much frustration From games with their millenia long input buffers have caused me, but using flasks feels quite bad in this due to the opposite problem where it just won't accept item use if any sort of combat move is winding down.

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I have started playing Nioh 2 again. This game reminds me so much about it, but Nioh 2 has far more content and more depth... :(
I love the combat in this game, but without more depth it just makes me want to replay Nioh 2.

I hope they release expansions for this game that increases depth and includes end game dungeon/s.

somerandomdude

Learned
Interesting, I'm dying quite regularly, but I also feel like I still don't get the deflect system properly. I died to each boss, minimum 3 times, maximum 15 on the first one. Which weapon are you using? Do you consider yourself a player with great reflexes?
If you get hit a lot, then you might as well pump earth stat and use heavier armor. Better armor and more HP allows you to stay in the game longer and learn from your mistakes. You can get B agility (sub 70% equip load) wearing heavier armor at about 30-35 in earth stat. Earth is also a great weapon scaling stat, you got options for all these weapons: Spears, Halberds, Great Clubs, Pole Axes, Dual swords, 1h sword (I think one of them has high earth scaling?) - there's variants of those types that have earth as the highest scaling stat. For blocking, bigger weapons are typically better, you can check spirit defense on guard, and the higher the number the better it is for blocking. This is especially important if you're having trouble deflecting.

I got hit a bunch in the boss fight with clones, but I still won on my first attempt because I played smart. I didn't take a lot of damage from individual hits, and I could get HP back by using the HP leech buff before I used a finisher. I turned the clones into HP leech pinatas. It felt like I barely scraped a win, but I still had 2 pots left. Lu Bu only took 2 attempts, I did good the first attempt, deflected every leaping red he did on me, but he made me eat a dick with his big combo attack. 2nd attempt, he never got the chance to use it, the difference was me using pole axe instead of dual blades, which did a lot more HP damage, and spirit damage.

At this point, I got 40/10 earth/wood, the other stats are 1. I might spec fire enough to use the damage buff at some point, but I already got power up on martial arts hit modded onto my axe, and damage amplification on martial arts hit modded onto my dual swords. Start a combo with dual blades, and swap to axe, and your target has a defense debuff while you get a damage buff. Lu Bu would have went a lot faster if I had those mods on my weapons the first time. I don't know what the %s are for any of these buffs or debuffs, or if they stack or not with the wizardry buffs, or if they're basically the same thing, etc. And I'm way too lazy to test it.

Last edited:

Puukko

Arcane

image.png

Biggest issues seem to be shader compilation stutter, weak AO/interior lighting, and cloud quality tanking fps for no visible benefit.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
it feels too close to Nioh 2, but without the depth
?
How so?
because it feels almost exactly like Nioh 2, but without the cool features like stances and comboing into stances, and all the other bells and whistles.
someone on the Steam forums mentioned that they recycled models and animations from Nioh 2 as well, which would explain why it feels like Nioh 2

Suicidal

Arcane
They finally fixed KBM controls and even applied the fix to the demo so I tested it out. Game feels MUCH better to play now. Man, why couldn't they just do it from the start? Average steam user score would have been at least 10-15% higher.

I still wanna wait for more patches before jumping in since other than the bad optimization, I've seen from streams/let's plays that the game crashes a lot in later stages, even on console.

Also, it's funny that when KBM was broken and people complained on the forums, controllerfags told them to "just use a controller". Now apparently the patch broke controller detection for some people and they are raging on forums and are getting told to "just play on keyboard and mouse". :lol:

somerandomdude

Learned
There seems to be a general consensus by the community that wizardry spells are trash for offensive purposes, but there's certainly some garbage spells mixed in with some good ones. I pumped earth stat, and then put stone attack on every piece of gear, and imposing stab (mid tier earth spell) hits like a truck. Stuff weak vs earth get hit for 300+ per tick from the stone pillars (anything water affinity type), and neutral to it still takes about half that. And I didn't really give up any damage potential with my weapons in order to do that kind of damage. I got no wizardry spell boosting equipment.

Also, Cao Cao's set is really good. It's heavy armor, and you get 2 different debuffs on martial arts hit with the full set. Slow and spirit vulnerability on martial arts hit. Maxing out his bond gives you his full set at 4* tier, then you can customize the mods on it. Another pro is that it has fire defense, which IMO is the best element type to have defense against, it seems to be the most commonly used, and one of the deadliest.

Last edited:

notpl

Arbiter
There seems to be a general consensus by the community that wizardry spells are trash for offensive purposes, but there's certainly some garbage spells mixed in with some good ones. I pumped earth stat, and then put stone attack on every piece of gear, and imposing stab (mid tier earth spell) hits like a truck. Stuff weak vs earth get hit for 300+ per tick from the stone pillars (anything water affinity type), and neutral to it still takes about half that. And I didn't really give up any damage potential with my weapons in order to do that kind of damage. I got no wizardry spell boosting equipment.

Also, Cao Cao's set is really good. It's heavy armor, and you get 2 different debuffs on martial arts hit with the full set. Slow and spirit vulnerability on martial arts hit. Maxing out his bond gives you his full set at 4* tier, then you can customize the mods on it.
Wizardry isn't really for dealing damage, it's for staggering/are denial/debuffs. It CAN do some damage, as you've noticed, but the real advantage is throwing down fields of fire/acid/whatever else which stunlock enemies, break up groups, interrupt their attack animations, etc., as well as nullifying counter-elemental attacks. The game gets a lot more fun when you start peppering them into your combos. I mean, it's not like the game has anything else going for it in the combat department.

pqt

Literate
I just got the achievement for completing all sub and main missions. It's a fine game. I have fun with it. But of all the bosses, I only like 4.
They are
Lu Bu at Hulao Gate, Dong Zhou, Zhang Liao and maybe Zhang Liang

They are all have decent combos and aggression. Fighting them almost feels like playing a fast tempo rhythm game.

The other bosses are so boring. Their combos are simple and short, they have too many delayed attacks, they fly up to the moon which ruined the tempo. Fighting them puts me into sleep.

I will start NG+ then speedrun to my favorite bosses to fight them. I hope they have new moves.

Last edited:

cruel

Cipher
I'm disappointed with the game to the point to actually consider dropping it completely after few hours. Mission 5 currently, and I lost all desire to play it. Completely zero fun in fighting tiger, after tiger, followed by another tiger, only to get stunlocked by a single combo and restart. The whole deflect system is basically a glorified QTE, enemy variety sucks, bosses are meh, the whole game just screams 'average and uninspiring'. To think I paid $70 for this crap, silly me.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
At this point it seems like Team Ninja games are only like 60% complete at launch. I had fun for the first stage but I'm really not in the mood to play something this intense right now. Maybe I'll check back in a year or two when the rest of the game is released.

somerandomdude

Learned
A methodical approach to clearing the levels works a lot better, vs rushing in blind and getting jumped from all sides. Scan around for snipers, and snipe them first, then take the high ground and leap down on mobs to pick them off with sneak attacks, etc. Carefully clear the levels, kill all the mobs, grab all the loot, get all the flags, don't rush into obvious ambushes, etc. If you play well in the level, you'll be 25 morale for the boss fight, and will get a stat advantage, especially if the boss is only 18-20. Morale helps a lot for damage and spirit damage, and taking less damage as well. Also, If you hold block, you can slowly walk up to a mob's back without getting spotted, and get easy sneak attacks. Also, there's charms that give enemy radar which help with methodically picking mobs off with lower risk approaches.

I just got done doing coop, and hosts were just walking right into obvious ambushes being super impatient, bad players are their own worst enemy. It's like gogogo, let's just speed through the level grabbing half the flags, and go into the boss fight with lower morale and get chonked in 10 secs. This was 8/10 hosts. I think I'm starting to understand why so many people are struggling in this game.

Last edited:

somerandomdude

Learned
I found a charm with a pretty awesome mod on it. HP restoration from Wizardry spell damage B+. It seems to heal a flat +10 HP per tick of wizardry damage, and isn't % HP based like it is with the HP leech buff. I've only found 1 charm with this mod on it, so it's pretty rare. So, spells like imposing stab which hits 5x will leech 50 HP back. There's potential to leech a truckload of HP back with wizardry spells that do a bunch of hits.

charm.jpg

notpl

Arbiter
I found a charm with a pretty awesome mod on it. HP restoration from Wizardry spell damage B+. It seems to heal a flat +10 HP per tick of wizardry damage, and isn't % HP based like it is with the HP leech buff. I've only found 1 charm with this mod on it, so it's pretty rare. So, spells like imposing stab which hits 5x will leech 50 HP back. There's potential to leech a truckload of HP back with wizardry spells that do a bunch of hits.

charm.jpg
There's a lot of really interesting build possibilities available, which makes it all the more frustrating that it's all locked behind procgen diablo loot garbage again. I play a metal-phase debuff wizardry build and I've never seen that modifier, for example.

Ivan

Arcane
I'm disappointed with the game to the point to actually consider dropping it completely after few hours. Mission 5 currently, and I lost all desire to play it. Completely zero fun in fighting tiger, after tiger, followed by another tiger, only to get stunlocked by a single combo and restart. The whole deflect system is basically a glorified QTE, enemy variety sucks, bosses are meh, the whole game just screams 'average and uninspiring'. To think I paid $70 for this crap, silly me.
I made it similarly far. After the Vicar Amelia copy I had had enough.

It does make me want to pick up Nioh 2 though and see what's up.

pqt

Literate
There are a lot of tigers in that mission. It makes sense because of the jungle environment. I do agree with you that fighting 3 tigers in a row sucks, but what else does TN have? A wolf? A hedgehog? Later in the game you will find better enemies but for now that's it.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Lost potential with setting. I would have more focus on the elements (whatever it's called). Go over the top martial arts flying across the room with magic shit all over the place.

I want a game like this

somerandomdude

Learned
Unless I'm missing something here, gear doesn't appear to scale up with higher stats in NG+. I was expecting that you'd be able to add an extra +9 to equipment in each NG+ cycle, but that doesn't appear to be the case. 5* equipment can drop, and there are RNG sets, AKA "graces" just like in Nioh 2 that can show up on random 5* equipment that isn't part of a previously existing set. I ended up finding enough random pieces to eventually complete the wood element set, and the bonus it gives is a measly 10%. Most buffs/debuffs or procs that increase or decrease a stat, I'm seeing 10% commonly repeat itself. 10% isn't nearly enough to be build defining, or worth grinding for. 5* equipment is pretty much the same as 4* with an extra mod slot, or a random grace set applied to it, so there might not be any point in grinding these. Keep in mind, I only tested one, it's possible that one of the graces sets are truly amazing, and it was like that in Nioh 2 as well, 2 or 3 of the graces sets were solid, and the rest were total trash. The same 4* +9 stuff you were using at the end of the first playthrough will be maybe 10% behind a full 5* graces set in damage, which is gay as a bag of dicks, but it is what it is. There's really no point in playing NG+, even less of a point than there was in Nioh 1 and 2.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom