Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

hackncrazy

Savant
I'm really enjoying the game. Completed 5 main missions and 3 sub missions so far.

There is only one problem: Aside from the first boss, the game is a huge cakewalk. I died twice on the first boss (had faced him in the demo so I knew how to do it fast) but I have a total of ZERO deaths in the rest of the game.

Still enjoying it, though. Team Ninja made great levels. I always loved the mission based stuff from Nioh instead of the open world of the souls games and I think they excelled here. Performance wise, I don't have anywhere near the best rig out there (16 gb, Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660) and haven't found any issue aside from a hiccup here and there.

One thing that the game suffers from yet again is the lack of enemy variety. Granted, I'm not that far into the game, but I don't remember seeing a lot of variations of enemies so far.
Just curious, are you playing with companions? I saw a lot of people say the game was pretty easy and then I watch their vids/streams and they play with companions and the few that played without actually died quite a lot.
Not at all. I hate playing with companions in any action game, be it Monster Hunter, to Souls, to Nioh and so on. I only played the first mission with the blind boy because I was forced to. After that, Willow Branch was my first item used always.
I see. The game does seem like it's gonna get easy once you get the hang of parrying. A lot of people say Sekiro is like one of the hardest games ever made but for me it was one of the easiest Soulslikes (if you can even call it that) once the parrying thing 'clicked'. I even killed some of the late game bosses (other than the shitty dragon) in 1-2 attempts.
And just after I posted that, I got to a boss that's giving me trouble. 5 deaths to it so far. It seems like things are starting to warm up.

Suicidal

Arcane
any cute waifus?
There's chinese Okatsu.

lcjeRF6.png

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
pirating game for the future use. after sitting 1,5 months without internet i don't believe in paying for things you can't use at will.

this doesnt have denuvo right? you can play in offline steam so long you activated once?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
pirating game for the future use. after sitting 1,5 months without internet i don't believe in paying for things you can't use at will.

this doesnt have denuvo right? you can play in offline steam so long you activated once?
Steam CAN deactivate itself and request internet connection. Basically, if you need something offline, you need at least steam emulator.

cruel

Cipher
75,000+ concurrent players on Steam right now. For a Day 1 Game Pass game with port quality issues, still pretty good. I will report on full game performance tonight.

aOnFmMq.png

RIP.

Dunno what to do now. I don't want to play anything else right now but I don't want to blow 70 euros, especially on a shoddy port. Life is pain.

:negative:

Which country is that? Try VPN maybe, ExpressVPN is pretty good, should be cheap for 1 month, and you can pretend to be from any country and probably play it for $1.

hackncrazy

Savant
Holy shit, the
prison level
is a fucking masterpiece. I'm having so much fun explore the levels on this game. I think the last time a game gave me this kind of pleasure was with Elden Ring.

hackncrazy

Savant
I just got to a boss that is ultra peak cheapness in a way I can't even put into words. I hope I'm doing something wrong and there's some item/magic that makes this more bearable, because at this moment I'm getting completely destroyed.

Edit: GLORIOUS VICTORY :incline:

Suicidal

Arcane
75,000+ concurrent players on Steam right now. For a Day 1 Game Pass game with port quality issues, still pretty good. I will report on full game performance tonight.

aOnFmMq.png

RIP.

Dunno what to do now. I don't want to play anything else right now but I don't want to blow 70 euros, especially on a shoddy port. Life is pain.

:negative:

Which country is that? Try VPN maybe, ExpressVPN is pretty good, should be cheap for 1 month, and you can pretend to be from any country and probably play it for $1.

Lithuania. I was considering the possibility of somehow bypassing the region lock but it seemed like too much of a hassle for me.

cruel

Cipher
I'm playing the full game right now, and it works much better than the demo - 4k with no issues, no lags or stuttering so far. But just to be fair, my PC is fairly new - i7 12700k, 32GB ram, RTX 3080.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

This is the biggest disappointment of the year for me thus far.

Pretty poor performance for something that doesn't really look any better than Nioh 2.

Nice character creator and level design but that's about it so far.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The only game I was looking forward to this year and the reactions so far don't seem very encouraging. :negative:
gameplay wise its fun

but yeah performance issue is real, this is probably the worst Team Ninja PC port between Nioh 1, 2, and Wo Long

cruel

Cipher
For anyone having issues with screen sometimes flashing white / random white frames - solution: turn off ambient occlusion.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
turn off ambient occlusion.
i do this for every game old and new
it just makes shit more difficult to see

The only game I was looking forward to this year and the reactions so far don't seem very encouraging.
It is either performance issues or mouse + keyboard shit, or the game is too hard. there are over 50 threads in the game asking for boss nerfs :lol:

game is really good. if you liked Nioh 2 you will love this.

Ivan

Arcane
games run fine on my 1080 but I agree with others, it looks like ass, and the levels (thus far) are bland and uninspired

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Fag running on PS4. I think i got average 20fps. It over heats the system too. Don't know why. It looks like shemale ass.
So it only runs well on the new systems?

Curious about Xbox One since I can get it on that through Gamepass right now.

cruel

Cipher
The game sits on 3rd place on global top sellers list, just behind Sons of the Forest and Hogwarts Legacy. What's the point of optimizing the game, if people will buy nevertheless?

Lambach

Arcane
The game sits on 3rd place on global top sellers list, just behind Sons of the Forest and Hogwarts Legacy. What's the point of optimizing the game, if people will buy nevertheless?

FromSoft patched Elden Ring's performance issues on PC relatively quickly after release despite a shit ton of sales, so maybe Team Ninja will as well.

That said, a good policy nowadays definiteltybseems to be to always wait a couple of months after release before picking up a game, because almost everything gets released incomplete or fucked up in some way. That's just the new normal.

Jinn

Arcane

Yep, truly sad that no lessons will be learned from this, except that they can get away with it. Wish I could be celebrating the success of a game I've been looking forward to for a long time. Instead I'm sour and even more disillusioned with the state of things.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I for one, have faith in Grorious Nipponese Work Ethic and believe they'll fix everything regardless of how it impacts or does not impact sales.

:desu:
Japan is allergic to computers

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom