Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Suicidal

Arcane
Isn't their next game some open world PS5 exclusive? Maybe if that one flops they will go back to making Nioh or a new Ninja Gaiden.

Puukko

Arcane
Added FSR2/DLSS huh. Bit of a band-aid, but still welcome considering the built-in scaler looks like ass.

deama

Prophet
Did anyone have an issue wherein the game kept stuttering and freezing all the time? In the main menu it would frequently do framedrops down to like 1 for a split second all the time, and then sometimes it would straigt up freeze for a few seconds, it's even worse when I tried playing it.

Suicidal

Arcane
Did anyone have an issue wherein the game kept stuttering and freezing all the time? In the main menu it would frequently do framedrops down to like 1 for a split second all the time, and then sometimes it would straigt up freeze for a few seconds, it's even worse when I tried playing it.
I personally didn't have this problem but I've heard that stuttering happened to people with 12th or 13th gen Intel processors and people managed to fix it by disabling some system settings. If you have one of those CPUs you could try that, otherwise - no idea.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1448440/discussions/0/3792632416034641629/

deama

Prophet
I personally didn't have this problem but I've heard that stuttering happened to people with 12th or 13th gen Intel processors and people managed to fix it by disabling some system settings. If you have one of those CPUs you could try that, otherwise - no idea.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1448440/discussions/0/3792632416034641629/
I'm on 7950x3dv, though it looks like my problem is even worse than that, literal fps drops down from 120 to 1 frequently. A bit crazy I'd say.

I tried the process lasso stuff though anyway, tried to limit it to a single CCD, but didn't seem to make a difference.
Really bad port this is. But hard to understand what the issue is, either with the new CPU or new mobo platform, doubt it's the GPU.

cruel

Cipher
To be fair, they did fix a lot of things - frame rate is much better now and you don't need to disable ambient oclusion to get rid of artefacts. I was able to finish the game with no big issues after the first few patches in place. But, of course, this doesn't mean that the port is good by any means - it just became 'playable' at least.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
LOmkJ0r.jpg

cruel

Cipher
Nioh collaboration in November? It would be great to see the Nioh 3 announcement along with it.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Suicidal

Arcane
So now that all the DLCs came out and the game is -40% on steam, I think it's time to give it a proper try. Has anyone played it after all the DLCs and other changes? How's it now compared to release?

deama

Prophet
So now that all the DLCs came out and the game is -40% on steam, I think it's time to give it a proper try. Has anyone played it after all the DLCs and other changes? How's it now compared to release?
I heard it's still worse than nioh1/nioh2.

Suicidal

Arcane
I heard it's still worse than nioh1/nioh2.
Well Nioh 2 is now one of my all time favorite action games so that's a given. I've had a year to cope with this fact and now I'm going in completely unbiased and gonna treat it as its own thing.

Suicidal

Arcane
Played till the place where the demo ends.

I've read that the game still has performance issues but for me, everything runs perfectly fine. Nearly constant 120 FPS with everything set to medium-high. Also everything controls very pleasantly now with KBM (with some rebinding).

I've noticed some changes since the demo in terms of mechanics: different weapon types now have different properties (all hammers make you unstaggerable while attacking, staves have endless spin combos, etc.), you can equip more spells and weapon skills, you don't need to farm morale to cast spells. Now there's definitely no shortage of buttons to press although deflecting still seems too good at countering everything.

So far it's quite enjoyable, glad I waited and didn't play on release.

Also it's funny how much they nerfed the first boss. Dude had like 2 times less HP and could be staggered by normal attacks in his demonic form. Guess he really did filter a lot of people.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Yeah, the performance is much better now than it was at release. Started a new game not long ago myself and noticed a lot more variety in the moves the player can utilize at one time. Loot system is still better than the Niohs since it's not shitting out a bazillion items constantly from nearly every kill. Seems worth a full playthrough now, at the very least. Not a big fan of some of the nerfing I've seen, but whatever.

Fuck I should try this again too. But I cannot put down Nioh 2 needle for now and after that was over I was gonna try that Team Ninja Final Fantasy game. But now I am not sure. I would prefer to leave the better game for last and they both seem like flawed but enjoyable games.

Jinn

Arcane
Fuck I should try this again too. But I cannot put down Nioh 2 needle for now and after that was over I was gonna try that Team Ninja Final Fantasy game. But now I am not sure. I would prefer to leave the better game for last and they both seem like flawed but enjoyable games.
Final Fantasy Stranger of Paradise is definitely the more mechanically robust of the two, while I think Wo Long has better level-design, better atmosphere/style to said levels, and overall a more interesting setting (largely tied to Chinese history and martial arts, of course). I can't say without playing through Wo Long in its entirety, but I think they may end up coming out fairly even in quality, with different strengths and weaknesses.

Suicidal

Arcane
Yeah, the performance is much better now than it was at release. Started a new game not long ago myself and noticed a lot more variety in the moves the player can utilize at one time. Loot system is still better than the Niohs since it's not shitting out a bazillion items constantly from nearly every kill. Seems worth a full playthrough now, at the very least. Not a big fan of some of the nerfing I've seen, but whatever.

You still get a ton of items in this game but what I noticed is that items don't have levels now like in Nioh/SoP. In Nioh if you get some "Sword of the demon slayer" in 1 mission and then 2 missions later if the same sword of the demon slayer drops it will have a higher level and higher base stats. Here all items of the same name will always have the same stats except for rarity and the only thing rarity does is determine the number of modifiers. So all you need to do is find a good base item and then you can just keep upgrading it with crafting materials without constantly needing to switch to higher level items, which I like.

I also like that bosses drop special weapons with unique skills. I just killed the fire wizard and he dropped a sword that lets you shoot projecticles that do quite a lot of spirit damage.

I'm not a fan of weapon skills being slotted in items instead of obtainable through some skill tree but I've heard that later you get the ability to transfer skills from 1 weapon to another.

Gear system is definitely an improvement over their older games. I'm curious to see how it changes in higher NG+'s.

Suicidal

Arcane
Gotta say, even though graphics-wise this game is very similar to Nioh, but I tend to like its environment visuals more due to better lighting and brighter colors.

Jw5gdc5.png

Wish more missions took place in locations like this.

cruel

Cipher
The game tone overall is much 'brighter' than Nioh, so you will get missions like that - Jungle mission is very green and cozy, outside of tigers that want to eat you of course.

I completely forgot I bought Season Pass for this and should probably play those 3x DLC some day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom