Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Witcher 2 bitch-slaps Dragon Age 2's graphics

dragonfk

Erudite
Volourn read before you comment. If he compared the writing you'd be right, but on graphical level? TW1 was better in almost every department except face animation.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"TW1 was better in almost every department except face animation."

No fukkin' way. TW is shit comapred to BLs. Period. Graphically, or otherwise.

DraQ

Arcane
dragonfk said:
Someone post this on Bioware forums. I want to see how far fanboys can go with deluding themselves.
The montage in particular. It's full of lulz.

Some side-by-side comparison of fairly reasonable armours/attires from Witcher 2 with DA2's fap/derp-suits would also be pretty much a guaranteed goldmine of lulz and butthurtz.

dragonfk

Erudite
Volourn said:

I honestly googled Bloodlines screenshots and TW to check if you're right or are you just trolling.

I conclude that you should stop trolling. "ffs"

DraQ

Arcane
dragonfk said:
Volourn said:

I honestly googled Bloodlines screenshots and TW to check if you're right or are you just trolling.

I conclude that you should stop trolling. "ffs"
I wouldn't say that Bloodlines looks bad (I really need to play this game one day), because it doesn't, but compared to Witcher, even the first one?
:retarded:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
DraQ said:
I wouldn't say that Bloodlines looks bad (I really need to play this game one day), because it doesn't, but compared to Witcher, even the first one?
Well it is what, 4 years older? Trying to compare them on art style alone would be weird as well, as they're on about opposite ends of that spectrum. I just wouldn't draw that kind of comparison.

DA and TW, OTOH, are pretty much the same type of setting (medieval dark fantasy), so compare away.

DraQ

Arcane
Sceptic said:
DraQ said:
Well it is what, 4 years older? Trying to compare them on art style alone would be weird as well, as they're on about opposite ends of that spectrum. I just wouldn't draw that kind of comparison.

DA and TW, OTOH, are pretty much the same type of setting (medieval dark fantasy), so compare away.
Well, TW pretty much aard-knocks DA down on the ground then bashes its face in with the pommel.
:smug:

racofer

Thread Incliner
ME0001367805_2.jpg

Very nice. I can almost smell the forest in that screenshot.

Too bad the game will be shit, regardless.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
DraQ said:
I wouldn't say that Bloodlines looks bad (I really need to play this game one day)

Motherfuck, you haven't played Bloodlines? Get to it right fucking now. Playing Bloodlines for the first time is a very fond gaming experience of mine and many others.

Phelot

Arcane
racofer said:

Very nice. I can almost smell the forest in that screenshot.

Too bad the game will be shit, regardless.

Indeed, looks better then some of the other screens I remember. Still, I wish the sky didn't have to be a whited out shining hell.

As you said, I bet the game will be terrible. :lol:

still no.

the demo is running on medium details on dx9
dx10/11(high and ultra high details will be available in full version)

and still it runs ten times smoother than twicher 1

and ffs is fucking wasteland.
yes compare fucking barren lands from da2 prologue with screens taken in the middle of fucking rain forrest :salute:

and i have no doubts tw2 will look superior, probably even better than skyrim. still its gonna be shitt unless this time they dont fucking rip off half of the dialogues from the books :smug:

Twinkle

Liturgist
Sceptic said:
The attention to the smallest detail in the TW2 textures is almost fap worthy. And bloom is very reasonable, surprisingly. I approve.

Durr, if it looks anywhere as good in motion it's going to bitchspank Crysis 2 with ease.

Very nice image. I especially like the rock textures.

Although they may have gone overboard with the poly count by the looks of it.

Tycn

Savant
Oh okay, thanks. Anyone masochistic enough to go for it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom