Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Tabletop Franchise Should Larian Adapt Next?

Which Tabletop Franchise Should Larian Adapt Next?

• 1. Shadowrun

• 2. Warhammer Fantasy

• 3. None, Larian should continue their own Divinity franchise

• 4. None, Larian should make something original other than D&D and Divinity for once

• 5. Others

• 6. Kingcomrade

• 7. D&D, Larian should make Baldur's Gate 4 (level 12 to 20)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mortmal

Arcane
D&d and stay 1-12, they wont be able to make anything good nor balanced with 12-20. A ravenloft campaign would be nice, a planescape one too, mayben even a dragonlance one. As for dark sun i wont even bother to ask as you all know why it's impossible for them to do it.

Arbiter

Scholar
dark sun i wont even bother to ask as you all know why it's impossible for them to do it.

Original Dark Sun, no, but there is a toned down re-edition of DS for 5E. I am sure Larian could create a wokified version of that.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
dark sun i wont even bother to ask as you all know why it's impossible for them to do it.

Original Dark Sun, no, but there is a toned down re-edition of DS for 5E. I am sure Larian could created a wokified version of that.
No doubt there's a toned-down version, but anything that could rile up the perpetual offended will be avoided. Even the mere mention of the word 'slavery' is taboo. Have you visited some Discord channels discussing RPGs? You would understand how really fucked up in the head and ignorant the youths are, when they are not outright worshipping black people.
Remember that when it comes to slavery, only black people were victims, no one else, and it was all the fault of the evil Europeans, the white Europeans. They have not the slightest clue about history – the tribes warring against each other and selling blacks to Muslims, who were then selling them to European traders. No, if you use the word 'slavery,' you are an evil white person fantasizing about oppressing the innocent and pure black natives.
I'm sure Larian Studios carefully manages their public image and wouldn't want to be associated with such controversies.

RainWorld

Barely Literate
A new Blade Runner RPG from the Free League set would be good to see.

Plenty of ideas they could have there.

Old Hans

Arcane
why isnt rolemaster up there. Just imagine rolling a 100 on Krush Critical Strike table...IN FULL 3D. I cannot even fathom it

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Runequest. I seriously don't understand why this hasn't got a proper game yet. King of Dragon Pass/Six Ages is nice, but it's more of a visual novel with heavy rng than a proper strategy game.

There is some sort of top-down action RPG in the making but Chaosium is really secretive about it for some reason so it's not listed officially anywhere on the web. Chasium has confirmed that something is being made (other than 6 Ages sequels) but nothing more. According to this random reddit post the unnamed game in the video below is supposed to be the thing. It looks legit (MC is riding a bison) but it also seems to be garbage:
https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2022/1121/1337402-game-tax-credit/

potatojohn

Arcane
I wish Larian would just cease altogether.

They have all the characteristics that make me hate a developer:

- Bad gameplay
- Tasteless art
- Atrocious writing
- Perpetually in early access
- Ruining well-loved old games

and worst of all

- Popular enough to set shitty trends

Smerlus

Educated
Even though it don't think Larian writing is up to the task, I'll always want to see an Earthdawn video game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Even though it don't think Larian writing is up to the task, I'll always want to see an Earthdawn video game.
theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom