Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Tabletop Franchise Should Larian Adapt Next?

Which Tabletop Franchise Should Larian Adapt Next?

• 1. Shadowrun

• 2. Warhammer Fantasy

• 3. None, Larian should continue their own Divinity franchise

• 4. None, Larian should make something original other than D&D and Divinity for once

• 5. Others

• 6. Kingcomrade

• 7. D&D, Larian should make Baldur's Gate 4 (level 12 to 20)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
There is speculation that we might see a Critical Role game from Larian in the future. They seem to be a good fit theme wise and Critical Role has previously been promoting Larian games.

Larian writing Warhammer would surely be something to behold. If they get past that hurdle everything might be fine. A Warhammer game looking like BG3 or OS2 would be a sure buy for me. However, if they do some stupid shit with the romances/sex it won't matter how good the game is. Warhammer isn't the place where you can make everyone fuckable, horney, gay or whatever and get away with it.
Absolutely, just make it a Slaanesh focused story where everyone gets corruped

Dodo1610

Arcane
I really want Divinity 3 but Larian might be the only RPG dev crazy enough to make a new Dark Eye CRPG. After all they almost made one ages ago

Shaki

Arbiter
Larian should make Planescape Torment 2, Sigil is the perfect setting where they can put all the weird shit they want in the game, in any way they want, and it'll still make sense. Also I hate storyfags so watching 7-man cuck squad desecrate their favourite game, would be pretty funny.

They could bring back Morte and promote the game with his romance scene, where the player can skullfuck him. Would be a bigger hit than bear sex.

Adolf Shitler

Novice
I really want Divinity 3 but Larian might be the only RPG dev crazy enough to make a new Dark Eye CRPG. After all they almost made one ages ago
Larian making a Schwarze Auge RPG would be the best news of the 21st century.

Hope they keep making D&D games personally. Warhammer fantasy is awesome, but if the D&D license is available just stick with that.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
c8f4b230-feb4-40a8-943e-2738f95a480e.0843fbbc5d7110e7f635c81be388d8e6__89922.1680651218.jpg

*All characters from this picture are romanceable*

VerSacrum

Educated
Larian making a Schwarze Auge RPG would be the best news of the 21st century.
If they hire some German writers to write authentic Garethi dialogue, maybe. DSA doesn't really work in English, or at least loses a lot of its charm.

Andronovo

Learned
Runequest. I seriously don't understand why this hasn't got a proper game yet. King of Dragon Pass/Six Ages is nice, but it's more of a visual novel with heavy rng than a proper strategy game.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
WHFB had tons of RPG potential and will mock GW even more because nobody wants Age of Sigmar shitty fluff.
But I would really want them to make a Waterdeep or NWN game.
Also, WHFB erenaissance vibes are damn cool
WFRP_Starter_Set_-_Adventure_Book_24_Jan.pdf_2020-01-16_17-44-46.jpg
1675035137_beedle-club-p-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-fentezi-krasivo-15.jpg

enemyshadowsmain.jpg

Louis_Cypher

Arcane
Larian is probably going to want to make, or be asked to make, Baldur's Gate 4 at some point. Until then, it's anyone's guess how this success will unfold, but everyone will be watching them. They could licence their engine out to others, like BioWare did. Make spinoffs in the Forgotton Realms like Icewind Dale? Other D&D settings like Ebberon or Dark Sun? Entirely new IPs?

I want more sci-fi RPGs, to redress the balance 99% in favour of fantasy.

It's just I don't want something actually famous, or good, to be adapted in this cultural climate. It will just be ruined. So something that isn't well known, is forgotton, already has tons of ethnic diversity, or potential to accomodite this inevitable diversity pandering, pushing of minority sexual agendas, and biologically-implausible social stuff, so that the inevitable SJW shit won't feel too incongruous. That favours modern settings since most fantasy cultures should be monocultural, and it never feels realistic forcing this stuff into a pseudo medieval European setting.

WKFPz8z.jpg

mr82yax.jpg

The latter would be better because we have enough post-apocalyptic RPGs, as it is. I'm sick of trash everywhere, I'm sick of post-modern "era nostalgia" for either the Old West, Art Deco, Raygun Gothic, or 1950s-1960s America, so make a clean Max Max apocalypse, with logical science, that takes itself seriously, if you absolutely have to make another one. Space Opera is what the world sorely lacks however, and so I would hope this CRPG hype/sales renaissance leads to more of that being attempted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom