Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Recent RPGs Did You Buy?

RPGs Bought

• Age of Decadence

• Banner Saga

• Black Guards

• Dark Souls 2

• Dragon Age: Inquisition

• Dead State

• Diablo 3

• Divinity: Original Sin

• Legends of Eisenwald

• Lords of Xulima

• Might and Magic X

• Neo Scavenger

• Pillars of Eternity

• Serpent in the Staglands

• Shadowrun (Returns, Dragonfall or both)

• Underrail

• Wasteland 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Neo Scavenger. Got it in a bundle.

Telengard

Arcane
Blackguards
Divinity: Original Sin
Neo Scavenger
Shadowrun (both)
Wasteland 2

PLUS
Underworld Gold (2012)
Expeditions: Conquistador
Boot Hill Heroes
and some other indie whose name escapes me at the moment

On the question of PE v W2: If PE proves to be excellent all around despite being RTWP, then I will probably purchase it one day. On sale.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Dead State
Divinity Original Sin
Might and magic 10
wasteland 2

Have only played through Might and magic (very happy with it) but have toyed with each of these games and they all look quite good from what I can tell .TBH 2014 was a hell of a year for good CRPGs.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Diablo 3 and POE. Will get wasteland and D:OS when they're 75% off and underrail when it's done. Might buy some of the others on the cheap if finances allow.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
From the list, i bought or backed Banner Saga, Black Guards, Divinity: Original Sin, Might and Magic X, Pillars of Eternity, Shadowrun (Returns and Dragonfall), Wasteland 2.
I will buy Dark Souls 2 for sure.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Out of curiosity, for the people who bought WL2 and not PoE, did you contribute to the WL2 ks or did you buy it retail? If you contributed to the WL2 ks and not PoE, why?

I was broke during the kickstarter wave. I bought Wasteland 2 digitally on sale recently. And for not having backed it and not having a physical copy, I feel like killing myself.

I'll look and see if I can't order a physical copy somewhere online. I don't care about buying it a second time.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Damn you and your arbitrary date cut-off points of reference. I'm at that stage where my PC is at the back-end of it's life, it's an early Windows 7 non-powergaming rig that's slowly winding down for it's final breaths, I'll likely be catching-up with this years titles sometime in 2015 or early 2016 as per the normal cycle of up-to-the-minute followed by catch-up build-up of being only an average PC purchaser.

polo

Magister
Bought Underrail, DOS, Shadowrun. Backed PoE and pirated Dark Souls 2.

Also i pirated DA:I:oops:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Bought Neo Scavanger a few minutes ago.

Must have been a temporary loss of sanity since i usually dont have the patience for these frustrating rogue like games.

Zetor

Arcane
I was initially pretty skeptical about kickstarter, so I didn't get in on any of the "early" games like WL2 and SRR. I did get preorders / 'slacker backer' type deals for those, though...

Blackguards (early access)
Dark Souls 2
Divinity:OS (backed)
Lords of Xulima (backed)
Might&Magic X
Pillars of Eternity (backed)
Serpent in the Staglands (backed)
Shadowrun Returns (preorder)
Underrail
Wasteland 2 (preorder)

Not on the list: Paper Sorcerer, Elminage Gothic, Expeditions: Conquistador. Warmachine Tactics-- ehh, not sure if it qualifies even as a srpg.

Of these games, I've only finished Blackguards, DS2, SRR+DF and WL2. So many RPGs, so little time!

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wasteland 2
D:OS
Shadowrun (both)
Lords of Xulima
Dead State
M&M X

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Kickstarted:
Divinity: Original Sin (finished)
Pillars of Eternity
Wasteland 2 (finished)

Bought:
Banner Saga (discounted) (finished)
Blackguards (discounted) (dicked around)
Lords of Xulima (discounted) (dicked around)
Might and Magic X (d1p deluxe - money vote) (finished with DLC)
Shadowrun (both - discounted) (finished)
Underrail (dicked around)

Will buy (from 100% to maybe):
Age of Decadence (d1p)
Serpent in the Staglands (looks d1p)
Dead State (50-75% sale)
Neo Scavenger
Legends of Eisenwald
Dark Souls 2

Will never buy:
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Diablo 3

Deleted member 7219

Prepurchased AoD, bought Banner Saga in a sale, bought DA:I (forgive me), backed Dead State Kickstarter, got Diablo 3 as part of WoW Annual Pass a couple of years ago, backed D:OS, Pillars of Eternity, Shadowrun Returns and Wasteland 2 Kickstarters.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Checked five, have only actually played one. I'm going to be less likely to donate to Kickstarter RPGs in the future.
Can I ask what you were expecting? It seems like D:OS and Shadowrun should have met any expectations (fun, but groggy and ok for what it is first attempt at RPG). PoE will probably meet your expectations. So that leaves WL2 as a disappointment, and whatever the fifth game you spent money on is, Dead State?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yo tuluse where's LoG2, this year's only and true GOTY?

Also EA games like Underrail or AoD shouldn't be there. You might as well include Witcher 3, Kingdom Come, Grimoire and other vaporware (bought all of them :oops:)

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yo tuluse where's LoG2, this year's only and true GOTY?

Also EA games like Underrail or AoD shouldn't be there. You might as well include Witcher 3, Kingdom Come, Grimoire and other vaporware (bought all of them :oops:)
You can play Underrail and AoD, can't play the others.

Well I guess Grimoire has a demo, but I don't know if getting data on who gave Cleve money would be interesting.

purpleblob

Savant
I bought:

Diablo 3 - I like this game, good fun when you don't have much time. Pop on for 20mins, finish a rift or bounty, then off.
Divinity: Original Sin - My first turn based RPG. I'm loving it. Shame though, it takes a while to get into, and I just don't have time lately.
Dragon Age: Inquisition - I bought this since I played the previous two. Not sure why I did. Not liking it at all. I didn't think Bioware will stoop lower than DA2, but hell, they are proving me wrong. Some memorable moments but really scarce. Combat is one of the worst I've seen and I can't avoid fillers.
Wastelands 2 (won in competition) - Only played 5 mins in starting area.. hoping to get back into it sometime this year.

Duram

Literate
D3 recent? its ooold! was worth the money but i quit playin it a long time ago.
Shadowrun returns. Regretted it a bit.

Will probably buy PoE when its released.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Can I ask what you were expecting? It seems like D:OS and Shadowrun should have met any expectations (fun, but groggy and ok for what it is first attempt at RPG). PoE will probably meet your expectations. So that leaves WL2 as a disappointment, and whatever the fifth game you spent money on is, Dead State?

Scope control. D:OS won't be ready until who-knows-when. Wasteland 2 might be ready by the end of the month, probably longer. Dead State might not ever be ready.

Seems like the best thing to do would be to wait until they're in a completed state before buying them.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bought:

MMXL
Blackguards (yet to play)
Lords of Xulima
South Park
Wasteland2 (yet to play)
D:OS
Banner Saga(yet to play)
Shadowrun
Neo Scavenger (Matchwinner!)
and, oh jeez, Adventurer Manager.

Bought:
Got gifted in beg thread:
Wasteland 2
Felt that I didn't get my money's worth on:
Wasteland 2
Really that bad?

smileyninja

Educated
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition (30 hrs)
  • Divinity: Original Sin (Kickstarted) (150 hours)
  • Lords of Xulima (Kickstarted - actually funded through indiegogo) (.5 hrs)
  • Might and Magic X (2.8 hrs)
  • Pillars of Eternity (Kickstarted) (1.5 hrs)
  • Serpent in the Staglands (Kickstarted) (not released yet is it?)
  • Shadowrun (Returns, Dragonfall or both) (Kickstarted) (SR:R 10hrs; Dragonfall- 1 minute)
  • Underrail (47 minutes)
  • Wasteland 2 (Kickstarted) (15.7 hrs)
  • Grim Dawn (Kickstarted) (9.4 hrs)
  • Blackguards (bought, never played)

Last edited:

Fenris 2.0

Augur
I only bought Wasteland 2, I was interested in MM X, Divinity OS, Blackguards, POE and Shadowrun.
I haven't bought these because of Origin, comic graphic style, little Roleplay, Sawyer or because it was created for Mobiles. Might buy some of them if I get them cheap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom