Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurt Wesp5's VtM: Bloodlines patch is the biggest poison in the RPG modding community

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I am not sure I've ever heard more than the first 120 seconds of that gal on the radio as every time there is a radio to be found - either playing in the background or I turn on, it starts at the beginning with Vigo.
That's not a bug. It always starts at the beginning so you can listen to the entire thing (as you progress through the plot the show gets replaced with new ones).

Semiurge

Cipher
Wesp5 I appreciate what you do. I also like having updated patches as an excuse to play the game over from the beginning.

The only bug that is still there that drives me crazy is Caller you've got the first shot at Deb tonight! So who do I have the pleasure of speaking with? Hi Deb this is uhhh... Vigo... - I am not sure I've ever heard more than the first 120 seconds of that gal on the radio as every time there is a radio to be found - either playing in the background or I turn on, it starts at the beginning with Vigo. I've played the game 5+ times, and still - I never heard more than 2 minutes of "Deb of the Night"

There is a bug with the radio programs, but I'm not sure if that's what you've encountered. For you see, when you've progressed beyond the very first Deb of Night (like when you've accessed the downtown hub) and make a save in an area with a radio and load it, the program resets to the first one. This happened with some of the 10.** versions.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Wesp5 I appreciate what you do. I also like having updated patches as an excuse to play the game over from the beginning.

The only bug that is still there that drives me crazy is Caller you've got the first shot at Deb tonight! So who do I have the pleasure of speaking with? Hi Deb this is uhhh... Vigo... - I am not sure I've ever heard more than the first 120 seconds of that gal on the radio as every time there is a radio to be found - either playing in the background or I turn on, it starts at the beginning with Vigo. I've played the game 5+ times, and still - I never heard more than 2 minutes of "Deb of the Night"

There is a bug with the radio programs, but I'm not sure if that's what you've encountered. For you see, when you've progressed beyond the very first Deb of Night (like when you've accessed the downtown hub) and make a save in an area with a radio and load it, the program resets to the first one. This happened with some of the 10.** versions.
Just to check, I went back to a playthrough after the insane asylum/Grout(?) and ... none of my saves would load - so I ended up uninstalling, reinstalling, applying the patch, starting from scratch and playing to about the time there are no other quests except the Asylum. Every time I return to my apartment it starts the radio from the beginning, but when I go to Kilpatrick's Bailbonds it was on a chicken commercial. Maybe I just never noticed.

Semiurge

Cipher

Just to check, I went back to a playthrough after the insane asylum/Grout(?) and ... none of my saves would load - so I ended up uninstalling, reinstalling, applying the patch, starting from scratch and playing to about the time there are no other quests except the Asylum. Every time I return to my apartment it starts the radio from the beginning, but when I go to Kilpatrick's Bailbonds it was on a chicken commercial. Maybe I just never noticed.

Do you mean the Santa-Monica dump or one of the downtown havens? It's possible that the SM place always plays the first program, but I doubt it's intented behavior since even SM radios should play the newest when it becomes available.

Wesp5

Arcane
Yes, there are problems with the radio. As soon as you reload or reenter a map where it is running it starts from the beginning of the episode! At least there are five different episodes connected to the story state so sooner or later you will hear new content.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Do you mean the Santa-Monica dump or one of the downtown havens? It's possible that the SM place always plays the first program, but I doubt it's intented behavior since even SM radios should play the newest when it becomes available.
Yah - every time I enter the Santa Monica dump it starts with Vigo - but I'd swear the Limelight Apts (?) has the same problem - that is, before you even get an apartment - one of the apartments has a radio you can turn on and you get the same outcome - but it's been a while.

Edit: Just to add to this - went back to Santa-Monica apartment when given the Sarcophagus quest - this time it was playing the conversation with Greg on night shift - so yah - maybe my memory is faulty or the original game always seemed to start with Vigo.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom