Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurt Wesp5's VtM: Bloodlines patch is the biggest poison in the RPG modding community

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Good luck playing the game without unofficial patch
I've played the game a bunch of times without the patch. Was my boxed copy different from everyone else's? OP is correct, there was only one game breaking bug where you needed a console command to continue. I don't recall any bugs other than that one, game breaking or otherwise.

On a related note, the KOTOR 2 TSLRP mod is shit and pointless too. Adds a bunch of half finished garbage back that belonged on the the cutting room floor. Some modders do amazing things but collectively they get way too much credit.

Viata

Arcane
LMAO
NO!
EVERY single bug fixed by wesp in the last 10+ years NEVER existed in vanilla game.
EVERY single bug he fixed in the last 10+ years was introduced by his own "patch"...
At this point in time the only thing he is doing is to make bloodlines appear to be WAY more bugged than it really is.
He is doing way more bad than good and yet codexers praise him...
Was his patch that introduced that Beckett bug at the end of the game? The part where he goes "wait! Don't open the sarcophagus", but he never reaches you so you just keep waiting for Beckett forever.

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
EVERY single bug fixed by wesp in the last 10+ years NEVER existed in vanilla game.
EVERY single bug he fixed in the last 10+ years was introduced by his own "patch"...

Yeah, please prove this to me! The original Python files and entity lists are part of the patch.
I confess that I sometimes introduced a bug myself, but these are all fixed in the meantime...

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I confess that I sometimes introduced a bug myself
The worst part about it is you introduce bugs as a way of getting attention. You love people begging you for a console command to continue their playthrough and jump around threads on Steam to display yourself as a connoisseur and a savant. Obviously, otherwise, you wouldn't have a single person to talk to in your entire lonely pathetic life.

Modron

Arcane
console command to continue their playthrough
Everyone shits on Bloodlines for needing a console command to get to society of leopold area in the 1.0 version of the game and yet no one bats an eye at numerous people still having to use console commands in two different spots to advance Icewind Dale 2.

Sykar

Arcane
What is going on here

Well the usual :shitposting: of course!

console command to continue their playthrough
Everyone shits on Bloodlines for needing a console command to get to society of leopold area in the 1.0 version of the game and yet no one bats an eye at numerous people still having to use console commands in two different spots to advance Icewind Dale 2.
people play iwd2?

IWD2 is absolutely great for munchkins!
board-games-rpg-and-fantasy-munchkin-quest-board.jpg

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I completed the game on release without any bugs. I never used wesp's patch, but if you are a modding veteran of any game, you can tell it's bloat just by size and version number

This is quite similar to some Morrowind projects which ended up defeating their own purpose

ColaWerewolf

Educated
The first few times I played VtMB it was without the patch and I did manage to complete the game, but some of the systems weren't balanced properly. I distinctly remember that sneaking was completely broken even worse than it is in Morrowind. In Morrowind you at least have to grind for a while before you got to the point where sneaking makes you not able to be detected by npcs, in VtMB release version you just needed to invest 4-5 dots into the relevant stats.

Light levels didn't matter. Proximity didn't matter. As long as you were crouched, you were in god mode. Crouched through the entire Sabbat warehouse without needing to hide, just waltzed right through the front gate, up the stairs, some Sabbat was literally staring at me opening the door as I entered the offices. No detection.
Bishop Vic starts the fight practically already shooting. Just crouch smack dab in the middle of the room. All he does is periodically run from cover to cover confused. No detection.
Fu Syndicate sends in a SWAT team to test your resilience. Calmly go from one guy to the next stealth-killing them. No detection
Kuei Jin temple has ninjas popping out of those paper walls as you crouch walk by them (it is scripted), then they just stand there idly in front of the broken paper wall. No detection.
Okay, you say, but surely the werewolf works. That thing is practically scripted to teleport to you. No. Just crouch. The werewolf will run around, sometimes inches away from where you're crouching. No detection.

Edit: By the way, that blood homunculus that spawns from the slashed paintings? It can be stealth killed which causes the blood texture to fade and you just see a regular npc model stealth-kill animation.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
iirc the game was completely unable to be completed in the 1.0 version without using the console
something like the game always crashed(for everyone, you special snowflakes) when jumping onto the boat

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

I never had to use any console command when playing IWD2.

The first few times I played VtMB it was without the patch and I did manage to complete the game, but some of the systems weren't balanced properly. I distinctly remember that sneaking was completely broken even worse than it is in Morrowind. In Morrowind you at least have to grind for a while before you got to the point where sneaking makes you not able to be detected by npcs, in VtMB release version you just needed to invest 4-5 dots into the relevant stats.

Light levels didn't matter. Proximity didn't matter. As long as you were crouched, you were in god mode. Crouched through the entire Sabbat warehouse without needing to hide, just waltzed right through the front gate, up the stairs, some Sabbat was literally staring at me opening the door as I entered the offices. No detection.
Bishop Vic starts the fight practically already shooting. Just crouch smack dab in the middle of the room. All he does is periodically run from cover to cover confused. No detection.
Fu Syndicate sends in a SWAT team to test your resilience. Calmly go from one guy to the next stealth-killing them. No detection
Kuei Jin temple has ninjas popping out of those paper walls as you crouch walk by them (it is scripted), then they just stand there idly in front of the broken paper wall. No detection.
Okay, you say, but surely the werewolf works. That thing is practically scripted to teleport to you. No. Just crouch. The werewolf will run around, sometimes inches away from where you're crouching. No detection.

Edit: By the way, that blood homunculus that spawns from the slashed paintings? It can be stealth killed which causes the blood texture to fade and you just see a regular npc model stealth-kill animation.

Wesp's Basic patch doesn't touch balance at all, as it should be.

Red Hexapus

Savant
iirc the game was completely unable to be completed in the 1.0 version without using the console
something like the game always crashed(for everyone, you special snowflakes) when jumping onto the boat

I remember playing the game on release. It's exactly as you say, it was not possible to escape using the boat after the fight with the main vampire hunter guy. Fortunately, someone has posted online a console command to skip directly to the escape cutscene or I wouldn't have finished it back then.

None

Scholar
What is going on here
global supply chain interruption of anti-neurotic medication.

Anyways, I just played the game for the first time in probably a decade, this time with the plus patch, and only ran into one bug at the restored museum. Seemed alright to me, not sure why some people get so assblasted over things this trivial. Reminds me of Lilura's meltdown over Fallout et tu.

Modron

Arcane
I never had to use any console command when playing IWD2.
There's one quest midway that fairly regularly doesn't work right for a lot of people and then during that section where you portal to that jungle with the dragon sometimes the script that places the dragon doesn't work right. Thought it was the end of my playthrough about 5 years back but found the needed console command on Sorcerer's Place IIRC after google failed to yield helpful results.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom