Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Released on Steam Early Access + New Teaser Trailer

Apexeon

Arcane
Never go back to Publishers Brain Fargo !!!
Never give them a cent.
So much IP ****ed by EA, MS etc etc.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ATM it "only" has 513 current players but that number's been steadily rising.

For some perspective, M&MX's all-time peak was 566, Blackguards's was 448, Underrail's was 214, Age of Decadence's was 81.

577 now. #2 Steam bestseller. Where do you see the all-time peak?

m_s0

Arcane
So, from what I can tell there's no longer a way to buy the game without getting early access? That notification on the store page made me think inXile would just pull beta access and some of the additional goodies, but not the game itself. I'm not a fan of this move, to be honest.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, from what I can tell there's no longer a way to buy the game without getting early access? That notification on the store page made me think inXile would just pull beta access and some of the additional goodies, but not the game itself. I'm not a fan of this move, to be honest.

Well, backers can still do upgrades: https://rangercenter.inxile-entertainment.com/store

But yeah.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hmmm, so they removed the ability to preorder just the game (sans early access) from their website for $25?

m_s0

Arcane
Hmmm, so they removed the ability to preorder just the game (sans early access) from their website for $25?
They've removed the option to pre-order just the game, period. I anticipated an increase in the price as the game got closer to being released, or something along those lines, but now all that's left for non-backers is a link to the early access Steam page:

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/store

Last edited:

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
01yG1os.png
I wonder what price Rex would consider paying, 2.8 dorra?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
It sort of blows my mind. Who cares what the price is now? If you're not willing to pay it, just wait.

THE DEVELOPER VALUED THEIR PRODUCT AT A HIGHER PRICE THAN I WANT TO PAY, I WILL NEVER GIVE THEM A SINGLE PENNY NOW AND WILL SPIT ON THEIR GRAVES. HOW DARE THEY

*Goes out to buy an Xbone and Mass Effect 4/ Dragon Age 3 and dlc for a total price of 120 while getting raped in the ass*

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
I wonder if redeemed Steam keys count in pushing it toward top 10 sellers

It doesn't work that way. Steam counts how much money the game is earning.

well good!

Most people buying are probably too retarded to realize the real reason the game costs so much right now.

I wanted to say something waspish, but I searched "price" on the steam page and the mention that this is a Kickstarter-related bonus charge for early access is hidden underneath the "What the developers say" collapsible. Well...they're gambling with goodwill there.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
They've removed the option to pre-order just the game, period. I anticipated an increase in the price as the game got closer to being released, or something along those lines, but now all that's left for non-backers is a link to the early access Steam page:

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/store
It should just be temporary. We'll likely bring it back soon.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Temporary? You know if were a cynic like the rest of these guys I'd say it's engineered to coerce people into buying the $60 version... but I have more faith than that~

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Temporary? You know if were a cynic like the rest of these guys I'd say it's engineered to coerce people into buying the $60 version... but I have more faith than that~
lol, you do realize we make less money on Steam sales right? PayPal's fees are nothing compared to Steam's margin.

Monty

Arcane
But if you're not buying the beta access package does it matter that you can't buy the game now, given that only the beta is released?

It doesn't seem that strange to me that those who didn't back the kickstarter won't be getting the kickstarter 'price' for the game and will pay the usual retail price on release. Those evil capitalists at InXile!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
lol, you do realize we make less money on Steam sales right? PayPal's fees are nothing compared to Steam's margin.

Well I'd assume you'd make more money after Steam's cut of $60 versus Paypal's cut of $25. But, I'm just supposing here. I still believe, Pete Brother None!

It doesn't seem that strange to me that those who didn't back the kickstarter won't be getting the kickstarter 'price' for the game and will pay the usual retail price on release. Those evil capitalists at InXile!

It's not like I have a wild hair up my ass about it. It just struck me as odd since yesterday BN was saying on the Steam discussions you could still preorder the non-beta/early access version for $25 on their website. I'm sure it'll be back around that or $30 on game release.

Last edited:
I hope so! I actually wanted to back it in January and was utterly shocked and scared yesterday that it wont be an option.

:takemymoney:

Severian Silk

I think the teaser trailer in the OP was awesome. Especially the music!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom