Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Released on Steam Early Access + New Teaser Trailer

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
People paying extra for the privilege of playtesting crack me up.

bonescraper

55 dollars.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Yeah, no. I'd happily buy it for HALF that Price but seriously, get a fucking grip.
Oh, you wouldn't like the game anyways. It requires a functional brain and reading skills.

Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands
Thanks to everyone that is beta testing my $20 game. Not only is it now going to be mega stable on release, but at $50 a shot to test it, the next game they make will have buckets of cash. Happy to wait a few months for a great experience.

11492.jpg

You know what Vault Dweller says.

And I just pre-ordered Age of Decadence tonight with the money I haven't saved by never intending to buy the beta access here. I'm guessing they need the cash more, and I'm going to need 20+ hours of practice to learn how to avoid being one-shot-killed by the crack-whore grandmother flower seller in the market next to the starting zone.

Can't understand why some people are miserable. W2, D:OS and AoD are all going to be better than anything we've been used to for years now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not criticizing you. Sorry if that was how it appeared. My response to tuluse was unrelated to what you said.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It sort of blows my mind. Who cares what the price is now? If you're not willing to pay it, just wait.

THE DEVELOPER VALUED THEIR PRODUCT AT A HIGHER PRICE THAN I WANT TO PAY, I WILL NEVER GIVE THEM A SINGLE PENNY NOW AND WILL SPIT ON THEIR GRAVES. HOW DARE THEY

Eyeball

Arcane
55 dollars.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Yeah, no. I'd happily buy it for HALF that Price but seriously, get a fucking grip.
Oh, you wouldn't like the game anyways. It requires a functional brain and reading skills.
Like that thing I'm using to determine whether I'm being comically ripped off? That one's working alright, thanks.

Will buy. At half Price when released.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
I wonder if redeemed Steam keys count in pushing it toward top 10 sellers or if they really are getting that many new customers even at the "has to be jacked because of Kickstarter tiers" early access price. happy for em, either way.

Like that thing I'm using to determine whether I'm being comically ripped off? That one's working alright, thanks.

They have no choice but to charge that much for beta access now, fuckmook, since it's what they charged KS backers. Their hand is forced. I'm sure they'd prefer to just start taking non-backers' $30 now, but it'd cause a nightmarish wave of pretty reasonable ill will.

Besides, if they can sell it at $60 for a while? Might as well.

Servo

Arcane
I don't get it, is Felipe Pepe == Vault Dweller?

C'mon now Infinitron use your words.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Maybe they should have made beta available only to backers as it's people that might actually be interested in giving feedback and improving the game. Most people buying it right now probably just see it as a paid demo.

But then they wouldn't be able to abuse the greenlight system.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'd say most people paying $60 for it via Steam have a fairly significant interest and would give meaningful feedback.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Indeed, classics like Bard's Tale and Chopper Command HD paved the way for Inxile!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
But then they wouldn't be able to abuse the greenlight system.

Wasteland 2 never needed Greenlight actually
I know, but wouldn't they need to price pre-orders the same as release? The beta version would need to be extra. Most people buying are probably too retarded to realize the real reason the game costs so much right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom