Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Released on Steam Early Access + New Teaser Trailer

Loriac

Arcane
So, ignoring the price (which is actually not too bad in £), does the early access beta live up to the hype? Is it worth splashing out now, or is the considered opinion that one should wait for the full release? Wasteland was one of my favourite games on PC (I can still remember opening the box it came in back in the day) and I'm really hoping this version is even better.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, ignoring the price (which is actually not too bad in £), does the early access beta live up to the hype? Is it worth splashing out now, or is the considered opinion that one should wait for the full release? Wasteland was one of my favourite games on PC (I can still remember opening the box it came in back in the day) and I'm really hoping this version is even better.
It's a very rough beta. If you want to give feedback and have your opinion heard, it's good. If you want to play a good RPG, I'd hold off.

Drax

Arcane
Mouthbreathing Bitch said:
I cannot wait for a KS game to fail so hard after tons have backed them... still feel like they deserve a slary then? Steam needs to implement a pricing policy..... this you have to pay b/c KS people paid is crap. I didn't want to give you extra money b4 there was ever a game, and I don't want to pay extra for less of a game.

Please fellow gamers, start thinking before you purchase this mess of a pricing model. Game may be great, pricing is horrendous. Stop being sheep. Please, for future gamers sake, stop.

Poor Euro guys lol 75.00 eviqualent... Walletary Annihilation v 2.0

PS, Games are not INVESTMENTS. You are getting NO returns.It will never gain in value. (value goes up as price drops not other way around).

:kingcomrade:

MapMan

Arcane
Damn... W2 is probably going to be an awesome game but I'm still butthurt about the quality of 3d assets and well... I don't like the 2d art direction at all (not to mention the 2d portraits are nothing like the 3d characters), the only pieces of 2d art I like is the W2 remake of the original cover and the scorpitron wallpaper :s

sser

Arcane
Developer
Pay $60 to ruin your first-time experience with a game that looks like it just limped out of alpha, whatadeal.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pay $60 to ruin your first-time experience with a game that looks like it just limped out of alpha, whatadeal.

It seems that people agree unironically:

DB5dFgi.png

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Depends on what will be released in the next few days obviously. It'll obviously sit on the top sales (not even #1) forever if nothing comes out.

hiver

seems so far its more like something that should be picked up on some discount sale for 15 bucks.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Trailer looks pretty swell, but is there a way to disable those intrusive and unnecessary circles and outlines around the characters? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for handicap-friendly stuff, but I reckon I can keep track of my party and enemies well enough without the bolded IE-style MS-paint graphics spoiling my precious immersion.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
ATM it "only" has 513 current players but that number's been steadily rising.

For some perspective, M&MX's all-time peak was 566, Blackguards's was 448, Underrail's was 214, Age of Decadence's was 81.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Mouthbreathing Bitch said:
PS, Games are not INVESTMENTS. You are getting NO returns.It will never gain in value. (value goes up as price drops not other way around).

My games collection says otherwise... :troll:
yes, but Steam games will never gain in value and steamtards only know about Steam games

Cancle

Novice
ATM it "only" has 513 current players but that number's been steadily rising.

For some perspective, M&MX's all-time peak was 566, Blackguards's was 448, Underrail's was 214, Age of Decadence's was 81.

Either Steam reverted their policychange regarding Early Access games not appearing as Featured on the front page splash seeing as Wasteland 2 (and other Early Access games) are now Featured (although still not on the "New releases" list).
Or Steam is just handpicking which of the Early Access games should be Featured. All of those games have been featured except AoD, which in large explains why Aod is so behind in sales. As far as I am aware Aod had a much larger following then Underrail, for example, before any of them entered Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom