Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer 40K: Armaggedon - Turn-based strategy from Slitherine

FuelBlooded

Scholar
Lordz?! They did some mods for Total War games lol.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Space Hulk is good game after patch 1.4* was released; it is shame I am not fan of logic games and Spehce Merines** to play it past 3rd mission though.

*Seen game on Comrade comp and it was like Incubation done in WH40K setting, but 1.0 was buggy shit.

**Intro Movie is cool and very Grim Dark though.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
It is? They fixed movement speed and shit? Gotta get into it again I 'spose. You hear that, Trash?

Still miss out with core mechanics. No genestealers emerging from floors or ducts for instance. Though I kinda remember them adding these in a few DLC missions. Game is a poor version of the classic. Still better off with Alien Assault or the excellent old EA version of Space Hulk.

Btw, Lordz also did the excellent Commander: The Great War which looks like a PG game and even uses some of its mechanics but puts that into a massive WW1 wargame.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Hopefully it's better than Space Hulk.
It's a Panzer General clone. Basically the bottom of the barrel of the turn based "strategy" games.

I haven't played Panzer General. I didn't play TBS at all before joining the Codex almost, so I'm way behind on the classics.
Panzer General isn't a classic. It's just old. It's a "wargame" that doesn't represent anything concrete and has a bizzarro game scale. Rites of War (another Panzer General clone) was a decline because it removed all simulationism from Wh40k computer games and opened the door to stuff like Firewarrior and DoW.
Looks like the rape is never going to end.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
People seriously concerned about a franchise designed around overpriced plastic toy soldiers fighting and "pew pewing" themselves declining. Wow. Really? You take this shit seriously?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Panzer General isn't a classic. It's just old.

Man, kids these days .. Something about your post tells me that when we old guys were playing PG (1994), you were either not around or playing Boulderdash from your cousins leftover datasette.
Awor's favorite game is armored brigade
nJ3J4nI.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

kris

Arcane
Panzer general was a really fun game. It was just a bit to easy to find that winning formula.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Fantasy General was one of the games I really liked back in the day. Today I'd recommend OpenGeneral (an overhaul of Panzer General II with improved engine and easy access to different e-files), but admittedly I did not check on its development in over a year.

visions

Arcane
People seriously concerned about a franchise designed around overpriced plastic toy soldiers fighting and "pew pewing" themselves declining. Wow. Really? You take this shit seriously?

Not much weirder from a normal adult's perspective than taking computer games seriously and being concerned about them declining, ie what this forum's about.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Not much weirder from a normal adult's perspective than taking computer games seriously and being concerned about them declining, ie what this forum's about.

I always thought games "declining" was just a meme over here. I came here for rpg discussion.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Panzer General isn't a classic. It's just old.

Man, kids these days .. Something about your post tells me that when we old guys were playing PG (1994), you were either not around or playing Boulderdash from your cousins leftover datasette.
Yeah, show off about how you played shitty beer and pretzel pseudowargames instead of playing real stuff.

I always thought games "declining" was just a meme over here. I came here for rpg discussion.
Please, tell me you're just trolling.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No I am not trolling. I came here for unmoderated rpg discussion with no limits.

And I think that WH40K is a setting aimed at selling toy soldiers. Plastic models? Check. Overpriced? Check. Makes no sense and is hurr durr grimdark and edgy? Check. Chain-sword? Check.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
No I am not trolling. I came here for unmoderated rpg discussion with no limits.

And I think that WH40K is a setting aimed at selling toy soldiers. Plastic models? Check. Overpriced? Check. Makes no sense and is hurr durr grimdark and edgy? Check. Chain-sword? Check.

watch out son you gonna get ignored

nobody calls chainswords stupid and lives to tell the tale

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Whatever I aint gonna argue. You know you are wrong anyway, Games Workshop only cares about selling their overpriced models and everything else resolves around that.

mondblut

Arcane
WH40k is incredibly gay, but would work well with PG-like engine. I'd absolutely love Final Liberation 2.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I do not want to comment on Slitherine in general, but the titles made by the Lordz always left a very good impression on me. I would expect good graphics, a fast engine and not many bugs.
On the flip side they struck me as a bit bland feature wise.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012

Actually, it's centred around Horus Heresy novel series nowadays. GW was about to go under when someone from Black Library decided that it's a good idea to start writing novels set in Horus Heresy which brought them a lot of income. If only they'd ban Graham McNeil and Ben Counter from writing them... *sigh*

Also, game miniatures aren't "toy soldiers". They are both models for painting and units in a game.

Wasteland 2
Also, game miniatures aren't "toy soldiers". They are both models for painting and units in a game.
Sounds like: "miniatures are not toy soldiers, except they are..." to me :M
If it was primarily about gameplay, you would be playing with printed tokens, instead of wasting hundreds/thousands bucks on pathetic plastic toys.
Then you people dare to get butthurt about DLC ripoffs in computer gaming :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom