Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer 40K: Armaggedon - Turn-based strategy from Slitherine

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hey guyz, dropping a mad necro here coz this should be mentioned in the official thread that we have for Armageddon. I played the campaign and all the DLCs several times over, but recently I tried to look for some community content and lo and behold - there is some amazing stuff out there.

I cant recomend the Community update version + Mega Merge mod enough. This completely reworks unit armaments (for example infantry gets to use grenades in close combat), adds a metric fuckton of new units (including Knights), fuckton of new factions (Chaos, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Eldar, Tyranids, Tau, Death Korps of Krieg, Adeptus Mechanicus, Adepta Sororitas) with full army lists, 10+ new scenarios and a campaign focussed on Death Korps of Krieg that has you moving from planet to planet and fighting all sorts of enemies.

Just seeing the new units that were added made me come several times, but the quality of the scenarios is better than most of the vanila stuff and the campaign takes the game to a whole next level (for example some missions have secondary objectives and if you complete them this then gets mentioned in the post mission dialogues - which are fully voiced btw). The campaign battles are massive (you can easily end up commanding 50+ units on the map)

The only thing that is a bit of a bummer is that the air units still have the same issues (ie they basicaly act as land units that cant be charged and ignore difficult terrain - ie arty can fire on them), still at least the AA units got changed to do their job better, so the dedicated AA units now make more sense.

1694679234449.png

DKoK and Ad Mech facing Necrons in an early campaign mission.
1111.jpg

2222222.jpg

Adepta Sororitas holding out against Chaos onslaught in one of the single scenarios.
3333333.jpg

Shit is sooooo cash tbh fam. I am loving this.

Last edited:

GreyViper

Prophet
Hey guyz, dropping a mad necro here coz this should be mentioned in the official thread that we have for Armageddon. I played the campaign and all the DLCs several times over, but recently I tried to look for some community content and lo and behold - there is some amazing stuff out there.

I cant recomend the Community update version + Mega Merge mod. This completely reworks unit armaments (for example infantry gets to use grenades in close combat), adds a metric fuckton of new units (including Knights), fuckton of new factions (Chaos, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Eldar, Tyranids, Tau, Death Korps of Krieg, Adeptus Mechanicus, Adepta Sororitas) with full army lists, 10+ new scenarios and a campaing focussed on Death Korps of Krieg that has you moving from planet to planet and fighting all sorts of enemies.

Just seeing the new units that were added made me come several times, but the quality of the scenarios is better than most of the vanila stuff and the campaign takes the game to a whole next level (for example some missions have secondary objectives and if you complete them this then gets mentioned in the post mission dialogues - which are fully voiced btw). The campaign battles are massive (you can easily end up commanding 50+ units on the map)

The only thing that is a bit of a bummer is that the air units still have the same issues (ie they basicaly act as land units that cant be charged and ignore difficult terrain - ie arty can fire on them), still at least the AA units got changed to do their job better, so the dedicated AA units now make more sense.
Thanks, I think I played the earlier version way back and loved that one. So will definitely check this out, kudos.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
This game is a weird case for me, because it's p. trash and low effort on paper and the mechanics are ass. But, at the same time, I probably found the most fun with it out of all the PG clones bar the first PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom