Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector - Space Marines vs Tyranids turn-based strategy

Parabalus

Arcane
Main Campaign has only been touched by the first DLC, right?

Procedural campaign still looks meh.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't understand what this game even is and I've watched gameplay videos. What does it mean that the orks are added as a faction? Added how? Is there multiplayer?

Skorpion

Educated
I don't understand what this game even is and I've watched gameplay videos. What does it mean that the orks are added as a faction? Added how? Is there multiplayer?
Yes there is multiplayer as well as a few modes that the new factions are supported in.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is the time of my Slitherine anniversary coupon. Is planetary Conquest still pointless or has it been noticeably improved? Last time I tried, it was much weaker than the Final Liberation campaign, or anything DoW related.

Lacrymas

Arcane
New faction is out, I guess -

Daemons of Khorne descend on Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector

Uncontrollable rage and bloodthirst arrive with the Daemons of Khorne expansion unleashing a new playable faction and units

In the grim darkness of the far future, the forces of Chaos never rest.
The Daemons of Khorne
are the latest playable faction set to inspire terror in
Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector.
Bloodthirst

Eight murderous units, including
the dreaded Daemon Prince, have been released in the new Daemons of Khorne expansion available today on PC and Xbox, and tomorrow on Playstation (03.00pm BST). These include rage-fuelled Bloodletters and Bloodcrushers, ready to charge into battle with their insatiable need for slaughter. Flesh Hounds hunt without mercy, while the hulking deamonic Bloodmaster leads these fearsome dark forces.

751b0d83bce9f2b61479a6dbe75b5f425f441eb3.jpg

Hellbound War

The new Daemons of Khorne DLC brings even more death and destruction. The Skull Cannon, a war machine forged in the smoldering furnaces at the foot of the Blood God’s throne, can deliver long-range volleys of fire fed by the skulls of the slain foes. Created from the infinite anger of the Lord of War and armed with a Great Axe of Khorne, the mighty Bloodthirster is one of the most exalted of champions. He is joined by the ability-rich Daemon Prince, once mortal, who the dark god himself has given the gift of Daemonhood.

d68d3849c7c918bb067c93f8f55804478b6e8330.jpg

New Terror

Every Daemons of Khorne unit features detailed models and unique special abilities. The expansion will also grant players access to brand-new HQ abilities that benefit the entire faction: Aura of Terror, Echoes of Endless Fury, and Blood Tithe. The expansion’s Blood Legions are itching to be led in both skirmish and multiplayer battles, as well as in a Planetary Supremacy campaign.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Is anyone playing this game at all? ;d
Campaign was fun as a one-off, dunno for whom the DLCs are.
That's what I was thinking as well. It seems like a PvP game? Is the PvP scene really that booming? I've never been this interested in a game I have no interest in.
The main issue is the bad planetary supremacy mode. They could have made a turn based Dark Crusade campaign, but we are stuck with this instead, and they don't seem interested in improving it much.

they would sell more DLC I think if they made more of it available in the campaign, does anybody really play the PvP mode or the planetary supremacy or the Demon invasion thing? They are always trying to push some shortcut to sell DLC's but I am not sure it works..

Maybe I just am out of the loop though, what do I know?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Since DLCs keep coming out, I suspect the PvP community is keeping this alive.

Jeskis

Brother
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I played it at some point. It’s ok on the tactical layer, but doesn’t have anything to offer on the strategical one, so I couldn’t bother to continue after 4 or 5 battles.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I played it at some point. It’s ok on the tactical layer, but doesn’t have anything to offer on the strategical one, so I couldn’t bother to continue after 4 or 5 battles.
Exactly! The worst is that there were plenty of examples that could have served as inspiration for the strategic layer that wouldn't have been too difficult to emulate.

Lacrymas

Arcane
T'au are coming, I guess -

T’au will arrive as a playable faction in Battlesector on February 15th.

The young and technologically-advanced race is the latest playable faction in Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector. Fourteen new units are available to extend the Greater Good to all the species of the galaxy.

Assault Teams

Pathfinders scout to prepare the battlefield for the Fire Warrior Strike and the Fire Warrior Breacher Teams. Their sophisticated target-painting technology allows them to hit even the most agile of targets. Those Teams are led into war by the Cadre Fireblade, whose presence amongst their ranks inspires them to fight even harder.

Jet-boost Elites

The XV8 Crisis Battlesuit Team is an armored elite who is ready to take down anyone who stands in their path, thanks to their wide range of weapons. Nobody is safe from the sneaky assault of the XV25 Stealth Battlesuits, ready to eliminate the targets with the burst cannon or the fusion blaster. These tough and well-armed suits boast jet-assisted speed that allows them to cross the battlefield in bounding leaps.

A Battlesuits Force

Advanced targeting systems in the T’au Battlesuits allow them to continue operating ranged weapons effectively, even when engaged in melee combat. The XV88 Broadside Battlesuit has a high-tech sensor that constantly analyzes enemies on the battlefield, providing the pilot with a myriad of weak spots to exploit. Enemies don’t have the time to react when the XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit approaches them with the Camouflage Field activated. It’s almost impossible to take the XV104 Riptide Battlesuit down. Its Shield Generator improves its survivability on the battlefield.

Vehicles made for war

The TX4 Piranha is armed with a Piranha Burst Cannon or a Piranha Fusion, while the Hammerhead Gunship is equipped with a Railgun or Ion Cannon. These Machines of war are often a double-edged sword; powerful when pointed towards your opponent, but dangerous when they themselves are destroyed. Due to the presence of powerful anti-gravitic thrusters and jet engines, this unit is prone to exploding when it has lost all of its health, damaging adjacent units indiscriminately.

A life to the pursuit of the Greater Good

The Ethereal is a member of the fifth caste of the T'au species, forming a ruling elite. The Sense of Stone, giving him a nigh-supernatural resilience, and the Zephyr’s Grace, allowing him to swiftly and silently move across the battlefield, make the Ethereal a resilient and inspiring leader.

Strategic and aggressive, the T’au Commander can pilot a hulking heavily armored Enforcer Battlesuit, or a highly maneuverable Coldstar Battlesuit. Equipped with Burst Cannon (Enforcer) or High-output Burst Cannon (Coldstar) and the T’au Flamer. T’au Commanders are the heroes of the T’au Empire and its most effective leaders. As masters of the strategic arts T’au Commanders direct the forces under their command with great skill, allowing them to inflict maximum damage on the enemy.

Every unit features distinctive, finely crafted models and unique special abilities. In addition, access brand new HQ abilities that benefit the entire faction: Seeker Missile Strike, Manta Strike and Orbital Ion Beam.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
I wish there are more to the game than "choose a faction and duke it out in big open field". But I guess this game is the closes I am going to have experiencing Tabletop ish gameplay of Warhammer 40k

The game could be soooo much more with custom scenarios and maps

the battles take a little too long to clean up at the end. You have long ago won the actual battle and it makes you go around hunting stragglers with no tension for another 30 minutes and it makes me not want to play another mission. I don't understand this type of design. Clean it up, it could be a good game, but as it is, it is sloppy and takes too long. The tension is in the first 4-6 turns and then you go another 8-10 mopping up and the game will not let you quit early despite you have dominated the map? It wants you to clean up every last enemy and it takes forever, it makes me not want to play.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I wish there are more to the game than "choose a faction and duke it out in big open field". But I guess this game is the closes I am going to have experiencing Tabletop ish gameplay of Warhammer 40k

Gladius is also an almost 1 to 1 conversion of the tabletop. It also has more sensible win conditions.

chuft

Augur
Yes kill everything.

I am playing Battlefleet Gothic Armada again at the moment. At some point I will get back to Gladius. If I don't start learning Total War Warhammer instead. Too many good games.

Also trying again to finish POE1 but it gets boring.

chuft

Augur
Talking about 3? What's wrong with it?

I have 1 and 2, thought they were stable?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Talking about 3? What's wrong with it?

I have 1 and 2, thought they were stable?

Eh it's stable. It's just the game is (or at least was) not going in the right direction. But with Pharaoh dead, and their shooter dead, CA is putting resources back to TW3.

The immortal empire campaign is playable, a lot of old factions clearly has outdate design problem. And combat wise a lot of factions feel same-ish due to a very safe approach of balancing from CA part

Modding community is amazing, and overall the game works as far modern single player TW games go.

Lacrymas

Arcane
There is almost nothing that works well in the entire game and it's just an auto resolve fest because you don't want to fight 95% of the battles.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

Sanctus Reach
ss_0d70e3002e61b43a0dd85e5790d0bb71f8e084b0.1920x1080.jpg

First few battles already take hours each. That's 40k for you.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Sanctus Reach has actually improved over time. Small team.

4/10 review from critics at launch

Currently at Steam, user reviews are at 86%.

So the game used to be improved over time. It's also still improving over time. </Hedberg>

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom