Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

War Cabinet – new strategy and war game currently in development

CosPetia

Literate
So please take a close look at it and tell us what you think.
Looking very carefuly, I am guessing there's two tents and a truck in the picture. Can't be sure, cause they're camouflaged.
Yes, but the most important thing on the picture is the Ural-375D, which will be part of the game :)

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Supply and logistics have been playing important role in every war since ancient times.

As a general rule if you want to win a war there should be couple of things present. One of them is strong supply and logistics. This involves huge volume of manpower, equipment, fuel, food infrastructure consideration and serious planning. Without it even mightiest army is becoming helpless mass of people and equipment.

They all had to be moved usually between great distances from the homeland into the campaigning theaters. The fighting front is where the links in the supply chains end.

In the end it doesn’t matter if it is a real war or just a strategy war game the rules remain the same. That is why we believe that any serious war strategy game should consider including this key element. We will.
To what extent do you want to integrate logistics in War Cabinet? Specifically, what purpose will the Ural-375D have in-game? Since it's real-time, I'm guessing food won't be included.

Four games that included logistics as a strategic element that I enjoyed were The Settlers II, Caesar III, Lords of the Realm II and Earth 2150 (where units needed to resupply ammunition).

CosPetia

Literate
Supply and logistics have been playing important role in every war since ancient times.

As a general rule if you want to win a war there should be couple of things present. One of them is strong supply and logistics. This involves huge volume of manpower, equipment, fuel, food infrastructure consideration and serious planning. Without it even mightiest army is becoming helpless mass of people and equipment.

They all had to be moved usually between great distances from the homeland into the campaigning theaters. The fighting front is where the links in the supply chains end.

In the end it doesn’t matter if it is a real war or just a strategy war game the rules remain the same. That is why we believe that any serious war strategy game should consider including this key element. We will.
To what extent do you want to integrate logistics in War Cabinet? Specifically, what purpose will the Ural-375D have in-game? Since it's real-time, I'm guessing food won't be included.

Four games that included logistics as a strategic element that I enjoyed were The Settlers II, Caesar III, Lords of the Realm II and Earth 2150 (where units needed to resupply ammunition).

The truck will represent supply unit which will bring all needed goodies (not only fuel) for frontline formations.

There won’t be separation between fuel, ammo, food, etc. All of them will be combined in single value which will affect overall battle efficiency.

CosPetia

Literate
War Cabinet frontline battle machines were added

Dear friends,

We would like to present a game scene with House of Green equipment showing some of the frontline battle machines.

Pair_T-72Mforumi.png

The whole news is here: http://www.warcabinet.net/war-cabinet-frontline-battle-machines/#more-545
Having such equipment on hand what would be your strategy? How you would use these frontline assets to win battles? Would you need any other equipment to enter combat?

CosPetia

Literate
M113 APC – New combat vehicle added to the House of Orange

Dear friends,
In order to win battles the modern battlefield commanders would need highly mobile manpower, which can turn the tide in the most crucial situations. Armor protected vehicles are preferred choice to do this while operating near the enemy.

M113_APCslogozaforumi.png

That is why we added M113 – Armored Personnel Carrier to the War Cabinet military equipment to serve into the House of Orange forces. With this new addition to game’s Military Park we are confident that your soldiers will yield the benefits of the mechanized warfare.

More about M113 - APC can be found here:http://www.warcabinet.net/m113-apc-new-combat-vehicle-added-to-the-house-of-orange/#more-572
Please share your thoughts and opinion.

CosPetia

Literate
Secure your troops with M163 Vulcan Air Defense System

How to protect troops and equipment from air attacks?
M163_Vulcans-logozaforumi.png

The partial answer to this challenging task could be simple when we talk about low level strikes. You might want to consider including in your military formation M163Vulcan Air Defense System. It is already on the way to support the House of Orange commanders.

Read more at:http://www.warcabinet.net/secure-your-troops-with-m163-vulcan-air-defense-system/#more-598

Would you use M163 Vulcan Air Defense System as part of your equipment?

CosPetia

Literate
War cabinet story part 4: 48 Hours Later - The price of Victory

You haven’t slept much in the last days.

Many unsettled questions are within your head…

How can I best serve my country?
Destroyed_City_Concept_02s-logo_forums.png

You should not only be excellent military commander, but also you are expected to take the burden to spend scare resources of your country to wage war… instead of these been used for the people and their wellbeing. How this could be balanced? What is really necessary in this dark time?

Read the whole story at: http://www.warcabinet.net/story/

Share your thoughts and opinion.

CosPetia

Literate
Economy system within strategy war games

Guys,

We plan to implement economy system into the game. By doing this we want to achieve an additional depth of the gameplay. However, in order to do the right balance we need your valuable input here.

First of all do you enjoy economic aspect of the strategy games or you prefer pure combat only gameplay?

If there is a game economy in place it should be:

1. As simple as possible with very few type of resources with minimum amount of user management.
2. Moderately detailed economy system part of the core game mechanics. This could include several resources to be generated, monitored and used for various activities. This would mean roughly up to 20% of the gameplay might be related to economic and resource dependent activities like: purchasing of equipment, upgrades, promotions, personnel recruitment, repair of facilities, etc.
3.Well developed war economy model which will strongly influence game campaign and rules. This would required better planning of your spending and more economy related decisions and events. Without proper economy management your chance to gain victory will be vastly reduced. Of course at times it would require more micromanagement.

Any other thoughts and questions on this topic are mostly welcome.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I like both RTS titles with one-resource economies like Command & Conquer, Red Alert, Dune RTS's, and Homeworld, and those which feature multiple resources, such as Cossacks, Age of Empires, Warcraft, Starcraft, Stronghold, and Company of Heroes.

I don't like a lot of economy micromanagement, so personally, I would choose option #2.

CosPetia

Literate
I like both RTS titles with one-resource economies like Command & Conquer, Red Alert, Dune RTS's, and Homeworld, and those which feature multiple resources, such as Cossacks, Age of Empires, Warcraft, Starcraft, Stronghold, and Company of Heroes.

I don't like a lot of economy micromanagement, so personally, I would choose option #2.

Thank you so much for your feedback and opinion

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It was RTS that allowed to earn money on stock market fluctuations. Also it had amazing research.

CosPetia

Literate
What's the most enjoyable part of a game to you?

Guys,

When you start playing a new game or simply replay an old one what's the most enjoyable part of the game to you?

Is it the beginning when you explore a new world and learn how to play or it is the the mid-game, when you have the chance to expand your powers and getting deep into the story or you are a fan of the final stages of the game.

How much you like to learn new things and use new functions, try new characteristics while gaming or on the contrary you prefer to stick to familiar things and keep on playing?

CosPetia

Literate
Warmest greetings of the Season Happiness in the New Year with Christmas Blessings!

Mindheart team

Christmas-card_2.jpg

CosPetia

Literate
Repair your valuable assets

Hi guys,

What do you think about the option War Cabinet to allow the presence of engineering function? Would you like your vehicles, buildings, routes and etc. to be repaired as this would cost you some resources?

In most games I`m tired of having assets available but can't repair them, when they get damaged.

Would you consider it effective and useful? Would you spend your valuable game resources for different repairs?

For me it would be a great option even if it costs much, because the repair of valuable assets would give me additional flexibility and speed in all combats. It will also change my entire strategy and planning.

APGunner

Augur
Engineering vehicles can be a great addition.
Primary purpose can be to lay bridges/clear out minefields, but when a friendly armored vehicle is immobilized they could tow it back to base for repairs. Or even better, tow an enemy vehicle and capture it.
Not sure if this is possible to realise in your game, but it sure would be really cool.

CosPetia

Literate
Engineering vehicles can be a great addition.
Primary purpose can be to lay bridges/clear out minefields, but when a friendly armored vehicle is immobilized they could tow it back to base for repairs. Or even better, tow an enemy vehicle and capture it.
Not sure if this is possible to realise in your game, but it sure would be really cool.
Thank you for your opinion :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom