Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wapanese RPG

Murk

Arcane
Suikoden Tactics?

Murk

Arcane
Had forgotten about FM-3, had the in-game internet and eMail I remember. always liked that, usually useless, gimmick in games.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Guardian's Crusade for the PS1 is pretty decent. It's actually intended as an entry game, a "my first RPG" if you will, but it's surprisingly hard despite this. It also had some neat innovations, like the lack of a world map screen. There was just one seamless world (discounting the dungeons and houses).

Then there's Legend of Dragoon, probably the best console RPG from the PS1 era. A very underrated and over looked game that many people missed out on. At the time it was competing against Final Fantasy 9 and people were already moving on to the PS2 at that point. Game has amazing music, a decent plot, fun combat that is relatively difficult (mostly depends on how good you are at performing Additions, a simple yet sometimes difficult combo system).
Also, all of your characters get the power of dragons, and can transform into Dragoon Knights, elements color coded for your convinience. Very Super Sentai / Power Ranger-ish.

Breath of Fire 4 is a tough contester for "my personal favorite PS1 console RPG", along with LoD. Highly recommend you give it a look. I'd tell you more about it, but I'm going to sleep now. I'll probably edit my post and tell more about it.

Black Cat

Magister
So are there any modern jRPGs that's worth playing?

Devil Survivor.
Strange Journey.
Demon's Souls.
The world ends with you.
Persona 3 Portable.

Those are new.

Koudelka.
Those shadow hearts things.
Everything SMT: The Persona games, the Raidou Kuzunoha games, and the Digital Devil Saga games.
Baroque.

Thore aren't as new but cool anyway.

Then there's Resonance of fate. I haven't played it but i like the visuals and the clothes so i'll put the name here anyway.

And...

Rhapsody: A musical adventure.
Little Princess: The Puppet Princess of Marl Kingdom 2.

Because if i don't troll the Codex with kawaii girly games they will believe my account was hijacked.

spekkio

Arcane
30bm8.jpg
:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom