Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wandering Sword - Octopath Traveler-like Wuxia-Style Open-World Pixel RPG

Retardo

Learned
Southern Chronicles Major Update - NOW LIVE!
Greetings Swordsmen!

We hope this message finds you ready for a whole new epic adventure because the Southern Chronicles Major Update is now LIVE! This update is packed with an array of new content and features designed to immerse you deeper into the world of Wandering Sword, so let’s dive right in and discover what’s new!

NEW Side Storyline - The Southern Chronicles

Your journey takes an exciting turn after meeting new companions from Wuxian Sect in the depths of Monkey Woods. You will find yourself plunged into a crisis involving the various Nanjiang tribes, Pili School, and even the Imperial Court. Venture deep into the mysterious Nanjiang, exploring new areas fraught with dangers and unprecedented monsters. Here, every step is a challenge, and every challenge is an opportunity to prove your mettle.

Prepare to encounter new characters and recruit martial artists who will either stand by your side as your most trusted allies or block your path as daunting adversaries. This journey is more than a test of strength—it's a quest to discover the true essence of heroism. How will your decisions shape the world around you?

Embarking On This New Adventure
f4c8a2035667d083351d7f84c49d889eba745da3.png

There are 3 different methods to trigger the Southern Chronicles side storyline, all of which are detailed here in our Steam Guide. You can continue your adventure from an existing save, but we recommend using a save before the quest "[MAIN STORY] Become Martial Disciple."

For those of you who do not have a suitable save file, fret not! We've prepared a special save file with instructions just for you here, ensuring that everyone can immediately jump into this exciting new side storyline.

Together with this new side storyline, here are some new features you can look forward to as well!

New Difficulty Modes
d1fac411cfc870a9dc1895da635ea4e1829cf0de.jpg

Prepare to tailor your martial arts journey to your liking with the difficulty selection feature! We’ve included multiple difficulty levels for you to select from, ranging from Easy, Normal (default), Hard, and Extreme. In higher difficulty modes, not only are the enemies’ stats adjusted, but they have enhanced senses to detect you when you are near them. However, your resilience will be rewarded with boosted Inheritance Points and rewards. This feature empowers you to shape your own legendary path in Wandering Sword, ensuring every journey is as relaxing or as adrenaline-fueled as you desire.

New Game +

For the veterans out there, every adventure heralds a new beginning! After completing the game, you will earn Inheritance Points. When starting a New Game after completing a full playthrough, you will begin your journey from the all new Inheritance Library, where you can then use your Inheritance points to exchange them for coins, meridian points, martial points, initial equipment, etc. Now, you’ll be ever-ready for your next playthrough!

Should you encounter any bugs during your gameplay, please do not hesitate to send in your bug report through this link. Our team is dedicated to ensuring that your Wandering Sword journey is smooth and enjoyable.

Special Offer: Steam Spring Sale Discount!

To celebrate the launch of the Southern Chronicles major update and to coincide with the Steam Spring Sale, we are excited to offer a 12% discount on Wandering Sword from March 14th 10AM PST to April 4th 10AM PST. If you’ve been waiting for the perfect moment to dive into our world or if you’re thinking of sharing this adventure with a friend, now is the best time!

Lastly, we extend our heartfelt thanks for your patience and support. It's our hope that this update not only meets but exceeds your expectations. We are committed to continuously refining the game to ensure it delivers the best possible experience for you.

Thank you for being a part of this adventure with us, and don’t forget to follow us on our socials!

I'm genuinely surprised by how weirdly generous those indie chinese dudes are.

This and hero's adventure push out large free addons, lost valley ppl give out their dlc for free in discord, scroll of taiwu, well, fuck scroll of taiwu, they're still in early access so their free updates are part of development.
And they sell their shit for cheap, too, ubisoft would ask for 59,99 for this.

Is it some insidious chinese plan to enslave us culturally?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know. Troubleshooter also did this, and people even told them to sell one of their DLCs instead of giving it out for free, because they weren't doing great financially.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Nope, they want a foot in the door, if enough people get accommodated to like their game, their next release at a higher price will have an in-build audience. Simple markeing

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

This and hero's adventure push out large free addons, lost valley ppl give out their dlc for free in discord, scroll of taiwu, well, fuck scroll of taiwu, they're still in early access so their free updates are part of development.

tbf both play like early access games and become increasingly skint on content and half-assed the further you go along, these updates are ways to bring the games to completion

Retardo

Learned
Nope, they want a foot in the door, if enough people get accommodated to like their game, their next release at a higher price will have an in-build audience. Simple markeing
So it is an insidious plot then. Whatever, I'm already hooked on their woooshah shit, its retarded, but still incline.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
second game in a row where the hardest difficulty is locked behind ng+, fucking decline
guess I need to find save file from somewhere
1710626157410.png

Retardo

Learned
second game in a row where the hardest difficulty is locked behind ng+, fucking decline
guess I need to find save file from somewhere
View attachment 47671
From my (allegedly limited) experience with chinese gaems, the harder difficulties are intended for NG+, or, at least, unlocks from previous playthroughs. In Ho Tu Lo Shu hard difficulty expects you to know the game in advance, as without minmaxing and doing things like running to the opposite corner of the map right in the beginning to recruit healer, you get fucked. In IWOL, you can get fucked even on normal, if you do some suboptimal choices.
Not sure how the difficulty works here, though.

Retardo

Learned

tbf both play like early access games and become increasingly skint on content and half-assed the further you go along, these updates are ways to bring the games to completion
How's hero's adventure in terms of content? My first impression was, it would take 30+ hours to beat, and you still wont be able to see everything.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I have become chinese, the grinder of games

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom