Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Volourn's Fanboyish Take On DA2: Only Review That Matters

I don't think you are a Bio fanboy Volly.

I just know you don't have any taste.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Cool story, bro. I'll remember that when I'm praising FO, and bashing MW. That I have no taste.

R00fles!

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
didn't bg and torment thieves have lockpicking skills?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Holy fukkin' shit!!! That's some deep role-playing there!

P.S. DA2 rogues have lockpicking, trap removing, and trap setting!

Holy fukkin' shitt!!!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Volourn said:
Stat checks and non combat skills are two completely beasts since stats are 'natural' while non combat skills hint at a level of training and experience in whatever ability.

r00fles!

Captain Shrek

Freelance Henchman said:
2ymwsit.gif

Can someone post it on Bioboards and link it here?

Oh, the joy.

The best caption would of course be, "Think like a spartan and fight like a General." Which translates to nill and nill.

Also, Freud, Freud!

Volourn said:
Cool story, bro. I'll remember that when I'm praising FO, and bashing MW. That I have no taste.

R00fles!

Well, I take everything I ever said about you back! This one example easily over rides the myriad of rotten titles you usually carry on about.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
It was posted there already. They have a huge thread dedicated to pics mocking DA2.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
9/10 for trolling and 1/10 for shity review of shity game. I almost got typicall codexian :x but remebered you gave DA2 5/10 week ago. You're either machiavelian cunning or just usual volly. :salute:

Apropo this gif I'm playing Drakensang 2 and realised HOW ridiculus clothes, armors and weapons look in Dragon Age world. it's beyound belive that company which pays milions of kwanzanian $ for adevertising can't efford to send the developers and graphics on museum tour :retarded:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
K.

I humbly thank you for your review of my review. :)

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Captain Shrek said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1RiQhZgaKw

Silliest game EVAR.

Please go through the trouble of watching it. RPG = Rocket propelled Guys.

Not that I want to defend DA2 but the updater installed shitload of otaku mods. My Cpt. Picard like hawke with bald head and crasses on his troubled brow looked almost human before I aborted him using uninstall.exe after this scene. RIP Jean Luc. But I won't interrupt your rant, Carry on! :thumbsup:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Captain Shrek said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1RiQhZgaKw

Silliest game EVAR.

Please go through the trouble of watching it. RPG = Rocket propelled Guys.
Damn you for making me watching it. Although at least I realized how strategic this game is.

Re: Volourn's Fanboyish Take On DA2: Only Review That Matte

Volourn said:
ANALYSIS: Top line C&C that rewards and punishes you for decisions both short and long term.

As long as it agrees with Gaider's plan:
2s9yf0w.jpg

"It will ... always work out the way we think it should."

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"As long as it agrees with Gaider's plan:"

Like any game. There are limits to C7C. DA2 certainly is no worse than other BIO games, and you are referring to, btw, cross game C&C, a more complex beast.

'Top line C&C' does not equal 'perfect C&C'. Dumbazz. Comapred to previous BIO offerings, DA2 is a winner in this realm.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The direction of DA2 changes dramatically during development. I guess after the rush development time was announced, they had to scrap one too many things and just left things hanging like they were.

If they do this again on the 3rd game, this series is probably over after that.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

The Gentleman Loser said:
Volourn said:
ANALYSIS: Top line C&C that rewards and punishes you for decisions both short and long term.

As long as it agrees with Gaider's plan:
2s9yf0w.jpg

"It will ... always work out the way we think it should."

I'm no Bioware or volly fan, but this is one dumb fucking post. A lot of games with multiple choices have have canonical endings, including Fallout. As long as they're not bringing people back in the same game without a good explanation, who gives a fuck?

MCA
Things weren't "cut out", Volly. Those things were never designed to begin with. Two years in the making, hardly any time to have any more content than they already have produced to cut. They announced what the game would be like from the very beginning: no origins, no dwarves, Hawke, etc.

Mastermind said:
I'm no Bioware or volly fan, but this is one dumb fucking post. A lot of games with multiple choices have have canonical endings, including Fallout. As long as they're not bringing people back in the same game without a good explanation, who gives a fuck?

It has to do with offering save game importing as a feature, and them saying that your decisions carry across games, then following that up with him taking this snide tone and saying pretty much "Your decisions don't matter, ours do."

It's just not the feature as offered. They claim to have cross-game C&C as a selling point, but also say that your choices might not matter after all... in some tucked away forum post.

Call it dumb if you want, but if they say one thing and sell another... well, I guess you're fine with that, so nevermind.

(Fallout never advertised to have such a feature. They just went their own route, and didn't claim otherwise.)

It's kind of a problem since soon they will be selling other games with this feature... ME3 and DA3.

So... will your choices stick as they say, or will they change them to what they want instead?

---

On C&C that is not cross-game:

They originally planned to have the "Dead Mother" ending to be avoidable. They set it up so that if you used a Blood Magic ritual to get there faster she would survive. The idea was to see if you would use "bad magic" for a good cause in an "ends justify the means" type of way.

In the end they thought that people would take any other way as a failure condition, so they axed the idea and made it so no matter what you do the mother dies. Here they could have managed to make the mother's death a moral victory, but decided for the players that this is not good enough.

Stranger still, the teleportation ritual is still in the game, and now it's pointless.

So instead of a dilemma of Evil Magic vs. Your Mothers Life they made it a non-choice and just had her die either way.

All through the game it seemed they just wanted to make the choices not matter.

Similarly in the end game, if you side with the Templars you have to fight with the Mage leader and the Templar leader, but if you side with the Mages you have to fight the Mage leader AND the Templar leader.

Yeah... what is the point of different choices if the consequences are the same? :lol:

There are no avoidable or changeable plot points anywhere in the game beyond the usual decision of what companions turn on you or not.

In conversation with non-companion characters you can take any stance you want and it changes little outside of that one dialogue.

"I like you." -> "I like you too. Let's work together."

"I hate you." -> "Grr... but we will still work together, because *coughmumblemumble*."

This type of C&C appears in almost every single game that has companions, Bioware or otherwise.

They advertise all this like it is something special, when really it's like saying "Our car comes with wheels!"

The game offered a lot of choices, but all the consequences are the same... moral or otherwise.

Cynic

Arcane
Volourn said:
No. But, go ahead, it won't change anything. Numbers aren't that important.

But, then again, peopple are calling me a BIO fanboy because I like one BIO game (DA2) as much as another (DA1). LMFAO

Reminds me of the tools who think I'm a BIO fanboy because, say, I prefer ME to KOTOR. HAHAHA!

Very. illogical. shit.

How is it illogical to say you are a fanboy when you like a shitter game as much as a kind of alright game?

It's the very definition of being a fanboy ie., you will love their games no matter if they are completely retarded to fuck, just like DA2 is.

Mastermind said:

Consistency, heard of it?

Fallout 2 didn't even let you import a savegame, you knew from the start that your previous choices wouldn't show up whereas one of DA2's big selling points is how it would take your previous choices into account and if you didn't have a savegame you'd still get to pick the events of the previous game.

It's one thing to consider that there's one canonic playthrough for a previous game, or even to consider that only a certain group of events(main quest and/or side quest) are canonic.
It's an entirely different thing to let players import a savegame from a previous game, take 99.5% of their choices into account and reflect them throughout their playthrough of the sequel- choices that included deciding who lived and who died- and after all of that allowing some random bitch you dramatically killed in the first game to come back from the dead.

There's no such thing as a good explanation for this, only excuses that the writers will have to come up with "The maker cured her decapitation", "It was all a dream" in order to justify their short-sightedness.

And the arrogant tone bioware faggots take against their fans is disgusting, even the QA monkey claimed that everything was working as intended when that guy got banned from his EA account.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"How is it illogical to say you are a fanboy when you like a shitter game as much as a kind of alright game?

It's the very definition of being a fanboy ie., you will love their games no matter if they are completely retarded to fuck, just like DA2 is."

You are an idiot. There, it's that simple. You also lie. The simple fact is is that i don't 'love' all their games. R00fles!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom