Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Volourn's Fanboyish Take On DA2: Only Review That Matters

Cynic

Arcane
Volourn said:
You are an idiot. There, it's that simple. You also lie. The simple fact is is that i don't 'love' all their games. R00fles!

Bullshit.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Re: Volourn's Fanboyish Take On DA2: Only Review That Matte

The Gentleman Loser said:
It has to do with offering save game importing as a feature, and them saying that your decisions carry across games, then following that up with him taking this snide tone and saying pretty much "Your decisions don't matter, ours do."

It's just not the feature as offered. They claim to have cross-game C&C as a selling point, but also say that your choices might not matter after all... in some tucked away forum post.

Did he advertise that EVERYTHING would transfer? In this article he says the world will transfer, and gives a list of major political ramifications:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/06/drago ... rigins-sa/

Leliana is a nobody so I would assume that she doesn't count. Not that I don't think Laidlaw is being an asshole, but I think expecting everything to cross over into other games is a bit absurd.

Edit:

For example in my 2nd playthrough on the wounded coast Sophie Drydan appeared. I let her live in that origins playthrough and was really surprised to see her. I killed her in a different save that I imported and so instead of Sophie you just get giant spiders. It was a nice surprise!

If they bothered with this shit and kept Leliana alive then I guess there is something more to the story than a simple retcon.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Re: Volourn's Fanboyish Take On DA2: Only Review That Matte

CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
There's no such thing as a good explanation for this, only excuses that the writers will have to come up with "The maker cured her decapitation", "It was all a dream" in order to justify their short-sightedness.

Why not? The Maker did tell her to join you. :troll:

It's also possible she's not human at all. Gaydar does say they haven't said anything in regard to her at all. It's possible (though highly unlikely) that they may have some interesting twist down the line.

And the arrogant tone bioware faggots take against their fans is disgusting, even the QA monkey claimed that everything was working as intended when that guy got banned from his EA account.

Don't really have an argument here, Bioware's full of passive aggressive assholes.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Bullshit."

Do you REALLY want to go down this road? You *will* lose. Trust me on this, dudette.

"And the arrogant tone bioware faggots take against their fans is disgusting"

Not fans, customers. No such thing as 'fans'. And, the so called custiomers deserve it. If a customer is gonna be an asshole be an asshole right back. Seems fair to me.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
posterj.png

Dragon Age vs Age of the Dragons

Which one is shittier and why? Discuss!!

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
So, I youtubed the "your mom gets turned into a frankenstein monster" quest because it sounded interesting and... my God this has to be the shittiest dialogue I've seen in quite some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajA9vkCIUB8

Who the fuck talks like that? I particularly loved that touch at the end where Merril decides to start a religious debate with someone whose mother just died. Who the fuck does that? Especially a character they're trying to portray as innocent and naive? I mean I can sort of understand it in this video since it's supposed to be lulzy, but a serious scene like that?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Who the fuck talks like that? I particularly loved that touch at the end where Merril decides to start a religious debate with someone whose mother just died. Who the fuck does that? Especially a character they're trying to portray as innocent and naive?"

Huh? O RLY? Religious debates like this occur in RL all the time. Just ask the a-holes who like to interupt funerals with their religious ramblings.
I wouldn't call Merril innocent either. Naive in the proper ettiquette yes but innocent no. Afterall, this is the same girl who thinks it's 'cool' to witness muggings in her neighbourhood that she just moved into.

LMFAO

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Volourn said:
Huh? O RLY? Religious debates like this occur in RL all the time.

Not between friends when someone's mom just died.

Just ask the a-holes who like to interupt funerals with their religious ramblings.

Merril = fred phelps?

I wouldn't call Merril innocent either. Naive in the proper ettiquette yes but innocent no. Afterall, this is the same girl who thinks it's 'cool' to witness muggings in her neighbourhood that she just moved into.

Err, she thinks getting mugged is a good thing. The alienage greeting to be more specific:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOvMw3rlQCU

That's pretty much the definition of innocent actually.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
commie said:
Over fifteen thousand posts and each one of them shit.

Stop the liez start the self immolationz.

His first and much older posts before he was crowned as our resident Codex Princess were not too bad. Much better than the fucking shit spam posters we have now on this site.

grdja

Augur
Captain Shrek said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1RiQhZgaKw

Silliest game EVAR.

Please go through the trouble of watching it. RPG = Rocket propelled Guys.

How about this in comparison?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyRZo521NlM

Takes far more skill, and is fun to just watch. And DMC4 is easier by far than DMC3. Still, best RPG ever? :P Real fingerbreaking challenge in sea of popamole. And DA2 is closer to God of Silly Overdone Violence than to anything deserving the name RPG, but GoW must be recognized as popamole easy trivial shit compared to DMC series.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"His first and much older posts before he was crowned as our resident Codex Princess were not too bad. Much better than the fucking shit spam posters we have now on this site."

I don't need no ME fanboy fukkin' defending me, you piece of shit. I can 'fight' my own 'battles' on the always 'dangerous' internetz.

"Over fifteen thousand posts and each one of them shit."

Just over 14k posts for you and you can join me with that honour. R00fles!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Volourn said:
"His first and much older posts before he was crowned as our resident Codex Princess were not too bad. Much better than the fucking shit spam posters we have now on this site."

I don't need no ME fanboy fukkin' defending me, you piece of shit. I can 'fight' my own 'battles' on the always 'dangerous' internetz.

I wasn't defending you moran. I was stating a fact. ffs!

Cynic

Arcane
Volourn said:
"Bullshit."

Do you REALLY want to go down this road? You *will* lose. Trust me on this, dudette.

Not fans, customers. No such thing as 'fans'. And, the so called custiomers deserve it. If a customer is gonna be an asshole be an asshole right back. Seems fair to me.

Your review has established that you like shit games. So there's really no point arguing over anything. You simply have poor taste. It would be like talking to a religious person...no fucking point.

Oh yeah tell your customers to fuck off, great business model there. But wait a minute, Bioware is not Apple, so fail.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Volourn said:

That would require such a concerted effort to post shit at your level that it's practically impossible to do so.

Also, ragging on Jaesun for trying to suggest you aren't a total fuckup is a bad call.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
commie said:
Volourn said:

That would require such a concerted effort to post shit at your level that it's practically impossible to do so.

Also, ragging on Jaesun for trying to suggest you aren't a total fuckup is a bad call.

He's got what he desserved for defending him. Volo started this thread as bait and you all feed his little pen... ego for four pages now. WTF! Speaking of shit I thought that DA2 was declered as such long time ago, it's strange that such failure is 75% of Codex now while real RPGS are hardly discused, it's like reading Biowhore social site. :decline: of :rpgcodex:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Your review has established that you like shit games."

I agree. FO, and PST are really shitty. My bad for liking them.

"Also, ragging on Jaesun for trying to suggest you aren't a total fuckup is a bad call."

I don't need no stinkin' hero to defend me espiially from the likes of you. R00fles!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Volourn said:
"Your review has established that you like shit games."

I agree. FO, and PST are really shitty. My bad for liking them.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom