Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Volourn's Fanboyish Take On DA2: Only Review That Matters

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Pretty sure it's drog.

Edit: Maybe not.

duanth000

Novice
I'm not, I just prefer more comprehensive, well-spoken reviews, regardless of shtick (of which there was much)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
When you come to the fucking prestigious codex and witness for the first time that volourn has posted an in depth review of a Bioware game, and you fucking complain about the fucking review and post some stupid fucking youtube link, you are a complete and utter fucking dumbfuck. Really. Don't ever post again. Go back to your shitty moderated cRPG faggot forums and don't soil us with your shit.

duanth000

Novice
First of all, Jaesun, I appreciate stereotypes as much as the next bigot. But the truth of the matter is that I know you, I've been lurking here long enough to know what the hivemind appreciates. But what you apparently desperately need to realize is that I'm not trying to gain points, I just honestly believe that Volourn glided over some aspects of gameplay and presentation that made all the difference in the world. And I used a hand-picked review to illustrate the fact. Are you that bothered? Or did you just to conclusions because apparently the onslaught of new fags has reached its tet offensive stage?

Deleted member 7219

I liked it when he said the Arishok and the Viscount were interesting characters. Oh, and the Uncle.

Well done Volly.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think Volly is trying to troll the codex.

You know, more than usual.

duanth000

Novice
Volourn, no matter your feelings towards Bioware or even their flavour of RPG, how can you award a 9.0 to the gameplay of DA2 when it REMOVES non-combat skills and replaces them with a dialogue wheel? When the best games in the genre, ones you love (NVN) have such skills? That, to me, is a concillation, it make roleplaying only extend so far as combat and it's just frankly weak. Why give in to that category? It's not even a subjective portion of gameplay we didn't all suddenly forget its use in previous games, in fact in all highly regarded RPGs...

waywardOne

Arcane
Probably the most challenging combat I've ever faced in a RPG. I died a lot on hard.
:retarded:

this is excusable only if volly is less than 13 years old.

or a chick. :smug:

made

Arcane
Oh look it's another "my DA2 review" thread but this one's even more funny than the rest because Volourn goes all fanboy on a Bioware game which is totally unlike his usual self haha hilarious trolled hard here lol and oh there's Jaesun spamming the thread to prove yet again how little he cares about this game what a surprise fucking newfags you put them in their place bro.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:salute: :honorblade: :bounce:

Awaiting your review of the upcoming ME3.

racofer

Thread Incliner
awesome7.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Codex. Codex never changes,

"Volourn, no matter your feelings towards Bioware or even their flavour of RPG, how can you award a 9.0 to the gameplay of DA2 when it REMOVES non-combat skills and replaces them with a dialogue wheel? When the best games in the genre, ones you love (NVN) have such skills? That, to me, is a concillation, it make roleplaying only extend so far as combat and it's just frankly weak. Why give in to that category? It's not even a subjective portion of gameplay we didn't all suddenly forget its use in previous games, in fact in all highly regarded RPGs..."

If you read the review, you notice that I do dock points for that. What the internet tools don't get but crying over games that don't cater to your every whim is retarted. Plus, i don't find the dilaogue wheel horrible even if I prefer 'ol fashion dialogue lines. Non combat skills are awesome but RPGs don't suddenyl become unplayable or sudden without them. The BGs and PST don't have non combat skills yet they're usually ranked amongst the highest of RPGs. Not to mention the GB games. FFS

People really need to get some perspective.

"I liked it when he said the Arishok and the Viscount were interesting characters. Oh, and the Uncle.

Well done Volly."

Sarcasm? Sarcasm.

"this is excusable only if volly is less than 13 years old. "

Eh. DA2 is the only RPG that I had to really pay attention to the majority encounters. Other games I could play basically on pilot for at least half the encounters. *shrug*

P.S. Guys , I never flip flopped. Only dumbfucks thought I was rating DA2 a 5. Pay attention, FFS!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So, if we deduct the fanboy points from the review it'd be a 5.0 out of 10 game?

OK.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
No. But, go ahead, it won't change anything. Numbers aren't that important.

But, then again, peopple are calling me a BIO fanboy because I like one BIO game (DA2) as much as another (DA1). LMFAO

Reminds me of the tools who think I'm a BIO fanboy because, say, I prefer ME to KOTOR. HAHAHA!

Very. illogical. shit.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Xor said:
I think Volly is trying to troll the codex.

You know, more than usual.
Nonsense. This is pre-emptive flip-flopping.
Volly is trying to fit in. He knows Daatoo will make Codex goty.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Volourn said:
The BGs and PST don't have non combat skills yet they're usually ranked amongst the highest of RPGs.

But they have STAT checks, which is fine by me. Even more so for PS:T.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"But they have STAT checks, which is fine by me. Even more so for PS:T."

BG has like 5 max. True about PST but still no non combat skills. Stat checks and non combat skills are two completely beasts since stats are 'natural' while non combat skills hint at a level of training and experience in whatever ability.

DA2 has dialogue 'checks' too.

Don't be ignorant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom