Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Visual Novel Recomendation Thread

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
What my friend told me when he saw me "playing" a weeb VN on steam:

"What the fuck is this weird japanese shit?"
"Read a fucking book instead lol."

Shit friend.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
even with a pretty shitty last 1/5 or so raging loop is still my favorite vn

it s rare for the protagonist of such games to not be a complete faggot

Fargus

Arcane
Tried Raging Loop but the translation felt pretty poor at times. Cant say much about protagonist, except one moment that stuck in my memory, where at the very beginning he gets intimidated like a bitch by a cashier woman and ends up in bad mood lol.

Thinking about giving Cartagra and Kara no Shojo a try. Then maybe Euphoria, since i already read through Maggot Baits last year lmao...

RegionalHobo

Scholar
Tried Raging Loop but the translation felt pretty poor at times. Cant say much about protagonist, except one moment that stuck in my memory, where at the very beginning he gets intimidated like a bitch by a cashier woman and ends up in bad mood lol.

Thinking about giving Cartagra and Kara no Shojo a try. Then maybe Euphoria, since i already read through Maggot Baits last year lmao...

had a laugh about the cashier thing since it s actually a giga new game + spoiler, not even joking.

as for the rest, hey if you finished maggotbaits euphoria is actually lightweight lmao.

Kuruwin

Novice
Yeah....the last portion of Raging Loop suck's ass, but It doesn't necessarily ruin the whole thing. It's fine.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Been playing a lot of Counter Side lately. It's a gacha, but there's also a Steam version for PC.

0jNYBpg.jpg

The visual novel story is actually really enjoyable and revolves around various conspiracies within its setting.

The combat is kind of meh. It's real-time, so most of the strategy is knowing which characters to bring and when/where to drop them.

It's not as pay-to-win as it appears at first, but you really need to grind the main story up to episode 5 and learn all the ways to earn materials.

They're also doing a Code Geass collab right now, which, uh...

3F9QkB7.png

R@tmaster

Educated
Yeah....the last portion of Raging Loop suck's ass, but It doesn't necessarily ruin the whole thing. It's fine.
For me second part was the worst disappointment: after the loooong prologue, you think that it's finally time for some nonlinear detective, but in result you get very few forks always with the dead end on one side, no clue gathering - all conclusions you should make on the basis of actions done by the set of mentally disturbed characters. And that joke at the police office? Jesus wept. I thought German humor is bad.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Well, I just started raging loop, and so I'm gonna used my 3000 IQ+ combined to my extensive experience of werewolves games to makes prediction regarding the plot. I just finished the second night and therefore obviously only got key 2.

-Mc is the racoon, the 6th guardian of the song or something close enough.
- Werewolves only killed a single person during the first night, it's actually haru that killed her grandfather because of some shit, or at the very least she witnessed his death/suicide
- First werewolf to be revealed is going to be the brother that is not dead yet, he took the lead by giving bad advice that actually sounded good, but you should never announce beforehand who the serpent is going to investigate, especially if the serpent already revealed himself. That might also be why he killed himself his brother (one of the monkey during the day), because he's kinda smart despite being insane, and therefore a future problem. He would probably also treid to kill the MC, but he's not yet entirely sure if he's allowed to do it, plus
- Second werewolf is chie-nee, and this one is only going to be revealed pretty late, because trying to save her despite that is probably going to be on the later route.
-Possible chance that the werewolf did tried to kill a more important role during first night, like the pompous noble, but the young delinquent prevent them for doing so by finding the loophole in the rule and sacrificing himself.
-I'm not far enough to make anything more than a guess, but there is also the possibility of the role and werewolves changing depending on the route you're on.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Raging Loop isn't really a deduction game in spite of teh premise.

It's like later Poirot novels whose solution is so out there in general that reader is unlikely to actually solve it themselves.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Hey, I actually found out the culprit of Murder on the Orient Express before the end.

I'm halfway serious, the fun is obviously trying to guess was absurd plotwist is going to happen beforehand.

R@tmaster

Educated
Raging Loop isn't really a deduction game in spite of teh premise.
Well, it isn't completely fair, since you using process of elimination to sift out most unlikely werewolves, when you checking suspects. But, yeah, there is no crime reconstruction, which is essential part of every detective.

thesecret1

Arcane
Well, I just started raging loop, and so I'm gonna used my 3000 IQ+ combined to my extensive experience of werewolves games to makes prediction regarding the plot. I just finished the second night and therefore obviously only got key 2.

- Werewolves only killed a single person during the first night, it's actually haru that killed her grandfather because of some shit, or at the very least she witnessed his death/suicide
- First werewolf to be revealed is going to be the brother that is not dead yet, he took the lead by giving bad advice that actually sounded good, but you should never announce beforehand who the serpent is going to investigate, especially if the serpent already revealed himself. That might also be why he killed himself his brother (one of the monkey during the day), because he's kinda smart despite being insane, and therefore a future problem. He would probably also treid to kill the MC, but he's not yet entirely sure if he's allowed to do it, plus
- Second werewolf is chie-nee, and this one is only going to be revealed pretty late, because trying to save her despite that is probably going to be on the later route.
-Possible chance that the werewolf did tried to kill a more important role during first night, like the pompous noble, but the young delinquent prevent them for doing so by finding the loophole in the rule and sacrificing himself.
-I'm not far enough to make anything more than a guess, but there is also the possibility of the role and werewolves changing depending on the route you're on.
You're about to read a novel that's pretty good for the first 80% of it, then crashes, burns, and turns to utter shit in the last 20%.

Sarathiour

Cipher

You're about to read a novel that's pretty good for the first 80% of it, then crashes, burns, and turns to utter shit in the last 20%.
Seems to be the fate of most VN anyways, unless they're utter shit right from the get-go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom