Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampire Bloodlines Character Development

laclongquan

Arcane
Sorry, just saw your question in this thread just now.

Are you far enough along in the game? If still early I recommend restart immediate with a Malkavian this time. First time always play with Malk, it will give you an unforgetable experience. Dont try anything else.

And I recommend using True Patch, instead. TP rigidly follow the fix bug only motto, and stay quite close to the vanilla version. You can try UP in 3rd or 4th plays, 1st and 2nd should be on TP.

tindrli

Arcane
laclongquan said:
Sorry, just saw your question in this thread just now.

Are you far enough along in the game? If still early I recommend restart immediate with a Malkavian this time. First time always play with Malk, it will give you an unforgetable experience. Dont try anything else.

And I recommend using True Patch, instead. TP rigidly follow the fix bug only motto, and stay quite close to the vanilla version. You can try UP in 3rd or 4th plays, 1st and 2nd should be on TP.

hmmm i thought that malkavian is to be left for 3-rd playthrough.. ok.. Switching .. im just in the beggining helping that idiot with an explosive..
Anyway.. what is the best way to use TRUE PATCH??. i mean how do i uninstall the unnoficial fix PLUS???
Can i instell True patch over a game wich has unnoficial fix plus instaled or i must reinstall the whole game??

ps. Do you know what is the last version of the True patch??? is it this Gold??

http://www.tessmage.com/forum/index.php?topic=56857.0

p.p.s. Does True patch have included latest official 1.2. patch or this one needs to be installed seperatly???

thanx for answer

tindrli

Arcane
dr. one wrote:
use wesp 6.9 basic.

This since you have not finished it before.

dr. one wrote:
wesp plus iteration is a good choice for replay though, as is playing a Malkavian.

Jaesun wrote:
Play Malkavian on your second run through (not your first), and use the Unofficial patch.

i wonder why Jaesun insist that malkavian should be played on seccond run?????

Marsal

Arcane
Don't listen to the retard above. Ventrue is fine for 1st time player. Malk is better when you know how things work and can appreciate the insight they bring IMO. You don't have to know anything else, just play, enjoy and improvise.

There are some less than optimal skill choices, but it's not a big deal. You would have to intentionally try and build a truly gimped character. Just focus on single fight feat and single conversation feat in the beginning (4-5 points is enough), depending on the way you want to play. I focus on stats at first, as you can find books to raise skills. Then branch out and go wild :) You can leave some unspent XP to improve on the weak areas as you play (hacking, lockpicking, new weapon...). You don't HAVE to max out anything, but it can be useful to do so. Locks and computers that require skill above 8 (I think) are usually shortcuts through the quests. One last tip, if you feel that your character is not durable enough in fights, defense > soak almost always.

Don't install the faggot patch, go with Wesp's Basic(?) patch (it asks you before installation which version you want). You can also go for the Plus patch, it changes some things for the better IMO (and makes the game easier by handing out more XP), but it's not a huge difference. You don't need to apply any other patch before this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom