Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unicorn Overlord - Tactical RPG by Vanillaware

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm really hoping that when it comes to "advanced class promotion" there will at least be two choices to pick between
no. just straight class upgrade with better stats and new advanced skills.
Wow. The advanced class system is weird.
No unlocks or requirements or anything... you just pay a small amount of honor and they get upgraded. They all seem like pure upgrades too (except maybe Alain since he gets a horse and maybe becomes cavalry, which is kinda worse than being an infantry?).

A bit overwhelming to get so many new options at the same time.

wish me luck

FRe7P6I.png
What is this showing?
all girl playthrough.

Reinhardt

Arcane
broke through initial ceiling. hardest part was bruno mission. shitty spearchuckers alone just can't beat his massive selfhealing. reloaded it 3 times from the beginning. i could reach him easily with the help of angel, but then it's just a fucking wall, i can kill his party but not bruno himself, so i had to go and do exp stage first. beating him unlocks hiring gryphon girls in a fort so it was absolutely worth it. with new flying team cleared yahna and berenice recruitment quests, hammer girl next and then scarlett.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
so finished final mission. it's just big battle without any story and serves to recruit some characters you can't recruit in main game. they don't have rapport or anything. after this you can only replay galerius and, i guess, bitchslap him with new characters.
still missing one entry in characters library - second entry in non-upgraded thieves.
~50 hours. completed everything i could find. 173/174 quests completed listed.
Is anything missable, like timed quests that have to be done by a certain point? And does it have branching story events ala Chaos Frame in OB?

Reinhardt

Arcane
so finished final mission. it's just big battle without any story and serves to recruit some characters you can't recruit in main game. they don't have rapport or anything. after this you can only replay galerius and, i guess, bitchslap him with new characters.
still missing one entry in characters library - second entry in non-upgraded thieves.
~50 hours. completed everything i could find. 173/174 quests completed listed.
Is anything missable, like timed quests that have to be done by a certain point? And does it have branching story events ala Chaos Frame in OB?
can't think of anything of the sort except bad end

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The gameplay is addicting, like an open world auto battler strategy rpg, going around doing extremely fast paced battles and collecting shit to upgrade your troops.

That being said, i find it less enjoyable than 13 sentinels ( their previous game) and Triangle Strategy, both have vastly superior stories, and thats essential to keep me engaged for more than a couple of days.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
done with the game
1710111489130.png

party that I used most of playthrough that could solo pretty much every mission
combat preview is vs final boss
VB6cVZq.jpeg

postgame mission took 5 minutes and was braindead easy

so yeah what I was afraid before release was that game would be too easy and that was sadly true, I had to restart mission once in the whole game. second area (sand place) had the best challenge, after that it was speedrunning pretty much every mission

last 33% of game combat got stale so I mainly used mc group to solo missions was faster that way. I had 8 squads and 4 of em were good/decent, rest meh/trash but since game is easy did not see reason to optimize em

overall great game that was little bit too long/repetitive with generic story without much challenge

9/10 even for combatfag

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I think I had a retard moment buying this. I don't know if I was expecting something like nu XCOM or Aliens: Dark Descent but this feels like garbage. I dig the way it looks and animates, much like with Dragon's Crown. I'm just not seeing the strategy elements. The game plays like a visual novel almost.

I don't like that a battle ends before you kill everything. That irritates me.

Elttharion

Learned
I just heard that apparently there is no homo romance in the game, all endings with males are bromance and you can romance all of the girls. :incline:

God forgive me but I think I might buy this for my PS4 instead of pirating.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I had to restart mission once in the whole game. second area (sand place) had the best challenge, after that it was speedrunning pretty much every mission
yeah, desert was hardest area overall. tho hardest mission for me personally was bear/wolf due to sheer amount of agitated werebeasts swarming from all directions.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I just heard that apparently there is no homo romance in the game, all endings with males are bromance and you can romance all of the girls. :incline:

God forgive me but I think I might buy this for my PS4 instead of pirating.
That makes me feel a bit better. Atleast I put my money towards something anti-fag.

Reinhardt

Arcane
zenoiran difficulty really should be available from the start. otherwise it will be able to challenge you only if you do some self-imposed gimmick run, like girls-only. too many ways to break the game with accumulated knowledge. like that sword you can grab pretty much right from the start, after recruiting yahna with some basic monster evading skill.
gave it to berenice and feeding her all permanent boost items. i know i will be using her so why not.
actually using those items instead of hoarding them and never use feels strangely... liberating.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
There is two biggest problems with this game
> low difficulty, you need to gimp yourself or avoid playing parts of the game to actually have some challenge, there is tons of resources, characters and stuff laying around - zero scarcity
> no replay ability/no NG+ content, you can recruit everyione in one run, choices are very limited/mean nothing, no different paths or endings
The only ''missable'' character so far are people who you execute/refuse and Melisandre(that have some conditions to be recruited)
And don't get me wrong, I like it, its very enjoyable, its just half done in terms of gameplay

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
There is two biggest problems with this game
> low difficulty, you need to gimp yourself or avoid playing parts of the game to actually have some challenge, there is tons of resources, characters and stuff laying around - zero scarcity
> no replay ability/no NG+ content, you can recruit everyione in one run, choices are very limited/mean nothing, no different paths or endings
The only ''missable'' character so far are people who you execute/refuse and Melisandre(that have some conditions to be recruited)
And don't get me wrong, I like it, its very enjoyable, its just half done in terms of gameplay
You just described a terrible game. Don't make excuses for it. Only the devs get paid to do that shit.

You compare this thing to XCOM 2 or Aliens: Dark Descent and it's downright embarassing. Baby's first strategy game.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Kings Bounty had actual difficulty levels. But yeah the flow of game play is kind of similar.
>fight
>liberate cities
>do quests
>go to next area

Reinhardt

Arcane
also overall feel. classic fantasy adventure in beautiful world. especially compared to what considered "fantasy adventure" in current year...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom