Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
How do I capture the beatle in insitute of tchort? The neural pacifier can't be used. Do i need to buy a cage somewhere? o.O

Alfons

Prophet
How do I capture the beatle in insitute of tchort? The neural pacifier can't be used. Do i need to buy a cage somewhere? o.O
Stun or daze it and end the turn, combat should end, talk to it and you will have an option to use the pacifier through a dialogue option.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
More importantly. I just skimmed through Pope Amole II's video, and holy shit am I glad I did. :salute:
Definitely not the first one who used cheat engine speedhack in Underrail, but the first I saw do it. This game just became much more enjoyable for me.

Speedhack is a godsend. I'm ashamed to admit that I've learned about it only this week, but now I can't even imagine playing RPGs without it. They all lack proper tempo, Underrail included. 5x speed makes everything much better. Many of Underrail's flaws and weak moments (lots of filler passages, overspamming of certain monster & encounter types, fishing) get so much better once you set up a 5x speed. Playing without it now seems as something impossible.

Alfons

Prophet
Speedhack is a godsend. I'm ashamed to admit that I've learned about it only this week, but now I can't even imagine playing RPGs without it. They all lack proper tempo, Underrail included. 5x speed makes everything much better. Many of Underrail's flaws and weak moments (lots of filler passages, overspamming of certain monster & encounter types, fishing) get so much better once you set up a 5x speed. Playing without it now seems as something impossible.
I know what you mean. I'm actually sifting through my game library with the intent of playing or replaying games which I left because of how slow they were. Another thing the speedhack does is allow you to unload your shit in stores or save scum. Just set the speed to 500 and the refresh rate of shops turns into a couple of minutes, instead of an hour or two.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
More importantly. I just skimmed through Pope Amole II's video, and holy shit am I glad I did. :salute:
Definitely not the first one who used cheat engine speedhack in Underrail, but the first I saw do it. This game just became much more enjoyable for me.

Link please.

Also, can you lock the mouse cursor to the game in windowed mode somehow?

Shin

Cipher
Quick question.. I'm playing a trap ninja but am missing out on poison at the moment (I got crafting+chemicals as crafting skills). I guess I need biology to extract poisons but about how many do I need? I don't want to be spreading my points -too- thin.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I chose the nimble feat and it should give me +15 dodge when i have 0% armor penalty, but my char screen doesnt show me any bonus when i switch armor. Is it bugged or is it just not depicted on my char screen?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

It's 15%, not 15 points. If you have 0 dodge, you get 0 point bonus. If you have 100 dodge, you get 15 points bonus.

Yes. You are right.

Nimble: "Reduces armor penalty by 15% and grants 15% bonus to dodge and evasion if your armor penalty is at zero."

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm having a blast in the Arena :)

23985774425_80c4a7cdc5_o.jpg

Lhynn

Arcane
Arena should really have a glass wall between the two sides, to avoid people dying in the first round, it would do a lot to make fights more interesting as the initiative wouldnt define who wins.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Arena should really have a glass wall between the two sides, to avoid people dying in the first round, it would do a lot to make fights more interesting as the initiative wouldnt define who wins.

Well my fun ended with Carnifex. I cannot kill him because ... my turn never comes :D

Wolfe

Arbiter
toro, same for me. That's how I beat Carnifex, the last one. Save scum until win initiative roll, Aimed Shot, pop adrenaline, flashbang him, stealth and then Snipe. GG.

And by save scumming I mean loading for about 100 times until I get lucky, because my initiative is shit.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Speedhacks are faggy. Kind of ruins the immersion and intention of the game, stealth, combat etc.

Meh. I don't really find the walking speed that slow or the combat. Just fucking get a pair of movement speed boots like Tabi.

Last edited by a moderator:
toro, same for me. That's how I beat Carnifex, the last one. Save scum until win initiative roll, Aimed Shot, pop adrenaline, flashbang him, stealth and then Snipe. GG.

And by save scumming I mean loading for about 100 times until I get lucky, because my initiative is shit.
He's beatable as a heavy hammer guy. Took about 6 tries, but I got him eventually.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Carnifex is a total wuss when you're playing a psion.
Tank through his round 1 (because you have the points to invest into Con) and it's fine if he nets & damages you - as long as you have 1 hp remaining. Then it's just a simple of combo of Mental Breakdown (it's either auto-success or very low chance to fail - haven't seen anyone resist one yet) into Fear (thanks to the Breakdown, his resolve is now demolished and fear lasts twice as long that way). Then he just runs around for 8 turns, doing nothing. If you let him run for so long, of course.

Makagulfazel

Educated
The speed doesn't bug me(Tabi + sprint around town), but I did decide to suspend disbelief concerning weight limits. I HAVE to pick everything up, and decided I didn't want to set up a bunch of locker dropzones this time around.. Set weight to 0.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Speedhacks are faggy. Kind of ruins the immersion and intention of the game, stealth, combat etc.

Meh. I don't really find the walking speed that slow or the combat. Just fucking get a pair of movement speed boots like Tabi.
I agree, speed hack would totally kill what I just experienced. I decided to blow up some of the rocks with 3 TNT I bought. Then I went exploring in random directions trying to explore all passages. 30 minutes later I was kind of lost (didn't want to retrace my steps back while stealth) and just continued following paths and found myself without TNT to make a passage to known areas. I was also overburdened now and running out of bolts. So I just continued in stealth and got rid of any excess gear I could find. Totally lost ran into Iron gang that totally wrecked me. Terror and fear is now in effect. Continued with stealth and avoidance of combat I found Foundry! Finally safety and metro back to SGS :D

10/10 terror game!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Carnifex is a total wuss when you're playing a psion.
Tank through his round 1 (because you have the points to invest into Con) and it's fine if he nets & damages you - as long as you have 1 hp remaining. Then it's just a simple of combo of Mental Breakdown (it's either auto-success or very low chance to fail - haven't seen anyone resist one yet) into Fear (thanks to the Breakdown, his resolve is now demolished and fear lasts twice as long that way). Then he just runs around for 8 turns, doing nothing. If you let him run for so long, of course.

Haven't seen anyone resist yet? Nigger, I have MAXED PSI build, and this fucking faggot nigger resists EVERY.FUCKING.SPELL i do.. every one :)

My thought control is like 700

Also, he kills you in like 2-3 hits with net. G-g.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So I joined the protectorate, and I see the cool Dreadnoughts. I wanna pilot one, can I? NO!

And I'm like, nigga, I only joined your shit faction to pilot one o' dem cool machines. I wanna shred some fags and see their entrails splattered all over the metrostation, fallout 2 style, nigga !

Why u no allow :/

Tigranes

Arcane
Speed isn't too bad with Tabi & Sprint, and I agree playing on 5x speed ruins the experience of the game because you're turning yourself into a stimulus overload machine.

There should have been Fallout style in-city maps, so that you aren't spending fucking 8 load screens to get anywhere in Core City. There should also be a few waypoints scattered elsewhere, like Blaine's shop (it's like 5-6 load screens to get there from the SGS Docks).

Mortmal

Arcane

I agree, speed hack would totally kill what I just experienced. I decided to blow up some of the rocks with 3 TNT I bought. Then I went exploring in random directions trying to explore all passages. 30 minutes later I was kind of lost (didn't want to retrace my steps back while stealth) and just continued following paths and found myself without TNT to make a passage to known areas. I was also overburdened now and running out of bolts. So I just continued in stealth and got rid of any excess gear I could find. Totally lost ran into Iron gang that totally wrecked me. Terror and fear is now in effect. Continued with stealth and avoidance of combat I found Foundry! Finally safety and metro back to SGS :D

10/10 terror game!
Moving around overburdened with lot of junk to resell ? The devs will send you a personal message in core city :). Had a laugh when i saw that npc.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Stun or daze it and end the turn, combat should end, talk to it and you will have an option to use the pacifier through a dialogue option.
Nope. No talking. Attacking is the only option I have. Gotta love those pointless ball busting quests...

Lhynn

Arcane
The speed doesn't bug me(Tabi + sprint around town), but I did decide to suspend disbelief concerning weight limits. I HAVE to pick everything up, and decided I didn't want to set up a bunch of locker dropzones this time around.. Set weight to 0.
A lot of the challenge in the game comes from the fact that your resources are limited by which you can carry.
Especially if you actually use most of the stuff.

Wouldnt worry about stuff that much tho, you are never short on money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom