Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Zetor

Arcane
Shrug. Yeah, they are kinda obvious. But I keep seeing the same complaints about the respawns being repeated on many forums without anyone giving any tips. Can't be that obvious for everyone.
Like I said, SOME of them are obvious. One of them is straight up counter-intuitive (you're expecting the player to do something gamey and out-of-character with no previous information indicating that it would be a good idea), and one of them may be obvious, but still involves hours and hours of a combat slog against the same enemies that loses its luster about 30 minutes in. (Arke took about 4 hours to finish for me, and most of that was doing the same combat encounter over and over again, essentially).

Again, the problem is not difficulty -- it's tedium and annoyance.

In early beta, the Creeping Dread and Eye of Tchort debuffs were even more severe. I thought it was a good thing because it really drove the point home: you must to find a way to avoid the eye.

But Styg wanted to nerf it. Now that the debuff is somewhat manageable, I think many players will just try to bruteforce their way through it... hell, I'm sure some hardcore players can do it, but that's not really the smart way to go about it.

PS. There's a reason I haven't updated the wiki yet and am ignoring pleas for quest solutions. This way Styg can get more feedback from blind playthroughs on DC's real difficulty and anything that might be poorly implemented/communicated to the player. (I don't think few underrail vets betatesting it reflects how average players experience it.)
I actually agree with you here, and think that nerfing the debuff was a bad idea. Here's the thing: a 40% debuff to offensive abilities isn't necessarily something that players will think to be deadly, hell, some of them may be expecting it as a way for the endgame areas to rein in the power of their uber-builds. This is unlike, say, the debuff on silent isle, where the "you're fucked" consequence of allowing it to max out was pretty much obvious. A combination of metagame intuition and the comments from Six about how Tchort's influence is omnipresent MAY lead players to think it's necessary to suck it up to progress. Six DOES mention that there may be a way around this and something related to the shrooms, but then that requires the player to figure out that "I must allow 50 stacks of this debuff to stack on me, even though based on what it does that'd kill my character". Based on the information I had available to me, the intuitive solution was to avoid the entire Tchort-debuffed area until I found a way to get some protection against the whispers, aka some sort of plot mcguffin.

And again, the problem here is - at least partially - tedium. The debuffs accrue too quickly compared to the amount of time you need to spend to get to a safe spot and let them drop.

Last edited:

Ein Axt

Educated
Who are the best traders in underrail?

The best merchants are: (Not including anything in the Deep Caverns)
From the Oculus. You have to do some 7 quests combined to access their shop
A "yellow-named" trader somewhere in the upper underrail. North-westish if I remember correctly.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It really is strange , you know? Out of all the Neo-Incline RPGs, Underrail's been the first to truly capture me. God, but these are bad tidings for my semester grades...

Why.jpeg

Learned
It really is strange , you know? Out of all the Neo-Incline RPGs, Underrail's been the first to truly capture me. God, but these are bad tidings for my semester grades...
Ive got to pound this shit out before I go to back to work on January 4th because I'll get fuck all done at work daydreaming about this game.

:shredder:

Ein Axt

Educated
Where the hell is the entrance to Coretech's research facility?
Go to Jon the Beautiful, go eaaaast until you find a ladder going down. It should be there. The door has an electronic keypad thingie nearby

Doktor Best

Arcane
I chose the nimble feat and it should give me +15 dodge when i have 0% armor penalty, but my char screen doesnt show me any bonus when i switch armor. Is it bugged or is it just not depicted on my char screen?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I chose the nimble feat and it should give me +15 dodge when i have 0% armor penalty, but my char screen doesnt show me any bonus when i switch armor. Is it bugged or is it just not depicted on my char screen?

Your armor + boots must be < 15 armor penalty. You can see the change the character status -> offensive stats.

Ein Axt

Educated

It's 15%, not 15 points. If you have 0 dodge, you get 0 point bonus. If you have 100 dodge, you get 15 points bonus.

Canus

Savant
Can the head of The Beast be used for something useful? (Alternatively, would Stygian Soft consider making it mountable over my bed; maybe replace Broken Pixel? ;) )

It can be mounted in the living room of the player housing.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Can the head of The Beast be used for something useful?

Been wondering this for years now, still don't have an answer. All I know is I'm not going to carry a 30lb head around with me just out of hope! Now that I reflect on it though, I am wondering if I indeed did have this answer at one time but have forgotten...

EDIT:

Ah. Yep. I do remember reading that. I...guess....that's "useful"?

made

Arcane
Fucking Christmas. Didn't get a chance at all to play it yet. Game in a good state as it is or does it need a bunch of patches first?

Canus

Savant
Can the head of The Beast be used for something useful?

Been wondering this for years now, still don't have an answer. All I know is I'm not going to carry a 30lb head around with me just out of hope! Now that I reflect on it though, I am wondering if I indeed did have this answer at one time but have forgotten...

EDIT:

Ah. Yep. I do remember reading that. I...guess....that's "useful"?

Of course it's not useful, all art is totally useless.

Alfons

Prophet
What's the highest quality gun frame you encountered and what are the highest crafting values you saw so far? I went with 112 mechanics and I think it was already overkill. If you want to use infused ancient rathound leather with skinner I saw a 135 tailoring needed for the base armor. Making a shield emitter with a 129 core and parts that are all above 100 required 128 electronics.

More importantly. I just skimmed through Pope Amole II's video, and holy shit am I glad I did. :salute:
Definitely not the first one who used cheat engine speedhack in Underrail, but the first I saw do it. This game just became much more enjoyable for me.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Styg [ontwikkelaar] 8 minuten geleden
Version 1.0.0.5
  • Fixed the bug that caused the epilogue dialog to be empty if a certain item wasn't brought along and some other conditions were met
  • Fixed crash involving caltrops, doorways, and possibly molotov's
  • Fixed the bug that caused Faceless in DC to revert back to neutral attitude
  • Fixed the bug that caused the console in Hecate Research Outpost to not activate under certain conditions
  • Fixed the bug in Kupusije's dialog that caused the dialog to be cut short when you try to fake your identity as a female player
  • Fixed the bug that caused one of the Drop Zone areas to display transition error when entering it after the showdown with Duff's gang
  • Fixed the bug that caused certain automatic doors in Arke Power Plant to get stuck and prevent player from passing even while open
  • Added an option to disable screen edge scrolling

:hero:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom