Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

honko

Educated
I am wondering if anyone thinks plasma weapons are worth using over regular guns? I find i need to reload them way too much ..

empi

Augur
So I r stuck in Depot A kinda. I exited at the part with the acid dogs, which were pretty much a cakewalk, kept getting wrecked by some turrets until I found some secret door. Aanyway. The second area has a bunch of regular dogs and muties. I finished off one dog as it was stupid enough to walk into a mine, and am trying to get past the other crew but is no go. Sneak 75+ or something.

I thought there were supposed to be sneaky solutions to quests, but eh guess this isn't one of them. I'm supposed to unlock a door that leads north I think, but it's lockpick 80. Am level 6 or 7 and lockpick is just 60+ something. The other way is to kill every motherfucker because one guy has a keycard apparently. Is that it? I'll maybe try finding a doorway, setting off a distraction or something and taking them down one by one, since my accuracy is kinda shit due to the darkness apparently. Plus getting hit by some shit from the dogs kills your accuracy even further.

In the previous area with the acid dogs there was some console you could hack which unlocked a gate it said. What gate? The 'electronic lock' thing is still locked and so is the 80 lockpick one.

There are a few ways to get through Depot A afaik, I did it with through mainly sneaking around, there might be an area/areas you've missed or something

circ

Arcane
Uh ok. Well there's the Scrappers entrance that you need to do some shit for Scrappers I guess to get access to. That leads north and to a map with about 6 mutants and 3-4 regular dogs. One guy in this area has 'old key' The only exits from this are south back to Scrappers, North to I don't know what because the gate is locked, East to acid dogs and Northeastish for a trapdoor that leads down to a bunker. Acid dog area has just two exits, Northeastish has an Electronic lock that says nothing when interacted with and around the Center there's another trapdoor that leads to another part of the bunker. So where are you supposed to go?

epeli

Arcane
The "tricks" you spoilered are kinda obvious and don't change anything mayor, there is not much to figure out about them.

Shrug. Yeah, they are kinda obvious. But I keep seeing the same complaints about the respawns being repeated on many forums without anyone giving any tips. Can't be that obvious for everyone.

IMO DC's difficulty varies greatly depending on how fast one figures out what to do. Both combat and quest difficulty. The latter has been present throughout the entire game in some sidequests, but up until DC it has been a background element with no constant combat pressure on the player.

The thing is there might be a trick or two to avoid those super fast insta respawning death hoards. but to LEARN those tricks you have to explore, explore, explore, and encounter, encounter, encounter, those hoards.

That is true, everyone has to test the waters to see what's going on. But the solutions aren't hidden behind something that you find after hours and hours in DC. You just have to figure it out as you play and I think the overall difficulty of DC largely depends on how fast that happens.

Just imagine bringing a few hundred ammo and only realizing there is a trick(not a trick itself) to avoid these hoards after when you realize you have 20 rounds left. You would be completely stuck unless you camp the shops for hours and hours to try and buy enough ammo to advance.

I completely agree with this concern. Which is why I told Styg to add a checkpoint save when entering DC for the first time. In worst case scenario you might lose a few hours of progress instead of having to start a new game.

In early beta, the Creeping Dread and Eye of Tchort debuffs were even more severe. I thought it was a good thing because it really drove the point home: you must to find a way to avoid the eye.

But Styg wanted to nerf it. Now that the debuff is somewhat manageable, I think many players will just try to bruteforce their way through it... hell, I'm sure some hardcore players can do it, but that's not really the smart way to go about it.

PS. There's a reason I haven't updated the wiki yet and am ignoring pleas for quest solutions. This way Styg can get more feedback from blind playthroughs on DC's real difficulty and anything that might be poorly implemented/communicated to the player. (I don't think few underrail vets betatesting it reflects how average players experience it.)

Cromwell

Arcane
So help me out here please. I am in the junkyard and got a quest where some guy wants me to find his beloved knife. He told me about a secret passage leading from the docks to the residental area, but I cant find the fucking thing. Do I need a specific amount of perception to see it (i have 7) or am I just and Idiot?

Canus

Savant
So help me out here please. I am in the junkyard and got a quest where some guy wants me to find his beloved knife. He told me about a secret passage leading from the docks to the residental area, but I cant find the fucking thing. Do I need a specific amount of perception to see it (i have 7) or am I just and Idiot?

Nope, just go down to the docks and look to the right of the Eel leader's hut, there's a crack in the wall you can click on there.

Lhynn

Arcane
Its right north of where the captain of the ship that takes you to southern gate is, theres are stones there, press Tab and youll see the entrance.

Cromwell

Arcane
Thanks, I have been running around there waiting for the "found a secret passage" message <.<

---

found it, but tabbing doesnt reveal it.

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Version 1.0.0.4
  • Throwing nets will no longer work on targets that are immune to immobilization
  • Fixed the area transition error that occurred after the final fight in certain situations
  • Fixed a few unreachable containers in Deep Caverns as well as one stuck enemy
  • Minor map glitches
  • Some more typos/spelling

Tigranes

Arcane
Uh ok. Well there's the Scrappers entrance that you need to do some shit for Scrappers I guess to get access to. That leads north and to a map with about 6 mutants and 3-4 regular dogs. One guy in this area has 'old key' The only exits from this are south back to Scrappers, North to I don't know what because the gate is locked, East to acid dogs and Northeastish for a trapdoor that leads down to a bunker. Acid dog area has just two exits, Northeastish has an Electronic lock that says nothing when interacted with and around the Center there's another trapdoor that leads to another part of the bunker. So where are you supposed to go?

Here:

The overland Depot A maps are North, West, South, East.
South is where there is the 80-lockpick gate and a bunch of mines one side.
East is where there are turrets shooting you down.
North is where there are a ton of mutants running around.
West is where the drill part is.

West is accessible by 3 ways: Regular door (northernmost corner, North map), Garage door (west side, North map), Trapdoor (from underground).
For the garage door, you need the key. The key is on the underground area where 2 turrets are camping a large room. Search the footlocker.
For the trapdoor, go to the northeastern corner of the underground area, the ladder guarded by 2 turrets and a sentry bot.
For the regular door, I don't know, I never found that one.

Ein Axt

Educated
Epeli, I couldn't help myself and I just read the tips you gave out. I pretty much already know everything you typed out, unfortunately. It still takes out the fun of exploring when you have to
hide to a hidey hole every few minutes to avoid getting 20 stacks of the Eye
. I have no gripe with the other things you mentioned. I think ARKE was the perfect settings for the infinite respawn mechanic. Shrooms aren't as brutal as those
Tchort sensors that incapacitates you on their first turn and one-shot kills you on the second
. Overall I think it could have been done a lot better. You have to think in the perspective of a new player, not as someone who's already a vet on this game.

Also that checkpoint you suggested does not really solve the issue. Yes, it can reduce the lost progress from an entire run to a few hours, but the player will still lose a FEW HOURS of progress. That is bad for any game IMO, unless it's a roguelike or roguelite game. For the record I'm not into the whole hand holding modern RPG shit the companies have been releasing recently but upping a big chunk of DC's difficulty tenfold based on having or not having one skill is just not good.

My suggestion would be maybe adding some clues as to what you might encounter deep down that hole someplace in Tchort? Maybe in the library? Everything was a complete surprise and I'm pretty sure 95% of the players that goes down there the first time wouldn't be prepared for that.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fuck you, it's called strategy. :lol:
Upgraded you one! You should really use better 'nades. ;)

14wf1b7.jpg

Bear traps with Burrower and Cave Ear Poison, all in the middle of Toxic clouds that tripple damage! I stood by and watched, hidden. Crossbows really blow against these cretins.

meeb93

Literate
How viable is Oddity system with 0 investment in lockpicking, stealth, and hacking?

Lhynn

Arcane
Not every character is suited for every challenge. Crafters do have a harder time adapting in the gauntlet, but thats k.

Ein Axt

Educated
OK I am stumped. I've been walking the Caverns for hours and hours but I am not making any progress at all. Add this Zone Transition Failure every few loading screens and this is becoming a real chore now.

So far I have:

-I got the Mushroom heart and I made 5 nades out of it. I dissolved some bio goo on one gate but when I click the electronic lock it says it does nothing.

-I've conqured Arke and enabled power on 1. Storage, Residential, and Mutagen Tank B(I think?). I've been to Storage and looted its goods, I've been to Residential and got a lvl9 Mutagen keycard from one of the desks. I have no idea where Mutagen Tank B is. I'm assuming it's the one to the north of Tchort's outpost? I went down a ladder and there were just some boxes and a whole bunch of Tchort hoard patrolling the area. There is no way for me to beat all of them them, I've tried. No way to use the keycard, so I guess this is not it?

-I've found every part except for a drive shaft for the underground gate with a repair bot. I also found tools and a manual. I've searched every zone at least twice for a drive shaft and I can't seem to find the right now.

-I locked myself out of Faceless for accepting a spying mission from Tchort. That sucks.

-I've found elevators going up and but I can't allocate power to them. It says some lines or cables are broken but I can't see anything to fix.

Ein Axt

Educated
How viable is Oddity system with 0 investment in lockpicking, stealth, and hacking?
You will still get max level. There are a lot of duplicate oddities. There are also more oddities than you need for max level.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I haven't played too much yet, maybe an hour, but so far the game's structure and emphasis on open world exploration reminds me more of Avernum than Fallout. Is that an accurate comparison? It's pretty cool so far.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
traps work really well in this game if you have the patience and don't mind the huge weight managment mini-game. However for that particular encounter, due to the multiple waves you maybe wanna not sure the explosive mines. Don't they clear the bear traps?.

lol.

I appreciate the advice but this is maybe the hundredth time in 3 or 4 years I've done this encounter. Trust me, this particular character needed the assist. And no, explosives don't clear bear traps. Also: If you're paying attention you'll notice that each explosive trap in that image is spaced out of range from the next. This ain't my first day at the races, kid. ;)

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Who are the best traders in underrail? So far the best stuff I found in the protectorate's base. The dude Oskar from core City sometimes has good stuff. Where else you guys find top quality parts for crafting? I would kill for a 110+ quality hornet frame...

Inf0mercial

Augur
Eyestabber

Oskar sells high quality hornet frames now and then i have a 120 quality one sitting in my inventory 1 more level till i can use it.

Foundry has some good sellers.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm guessing it's level locked? I've never seen a hornet frame better than 94. Chimera doesn't go higher than 88. Marauders, well...you can buy them by the boatload.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom