Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It might be a minor glitch. Did you check if he was carrying the right caliber for his gun?

No actually I didnt, just assumed it would be the right caliber if he was carrying it, maybe thats the problem.

How is everyone dealing with carry weight? I have a stealthy trap xbow guy, only strength 4, carrying all my traps and mines and assorted shit is becoming rather difficult... tempted to get the pack rat perk, but I always hate "wasting" a perk on something boring like that. Im assuming there are no backpack style items that increase carry weight? It seems like you hit max capacity very quickly in this game. But I guess thats the tradeoff for low strength.

Rat pack perk was the first thing I took :) Fallout memories.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, just finished the fight with the

Why are you
killed him? His is a harmless man that is in his right to live how he want. I feel that it is unfair to kill him. I don't know right word, I mean justice that have no relation to law or "rights". He own this land before Camp Hathor was build, so he is right. I made a deal with him, and I'll kill him only because of ancient rathound leather, if I won't find any.

Also, I love how Fallout-y some of the new(?) tracks are, Josh Culler is really channeling his inner Mark Morgan.
I didn't reach Core City yet, so didn't heard its tracks, but what I heard reminds me very-very-very strong of Deus Ex, its cold tones.
A sign of quality for me.

instead of reloading he kept making a shoot action which obviously resulted in a "out of ammo" result, when i looted his corpse he had spare ammo
I'll report it on forum if you don't mind.

So, was I under-leveled for this fight? And just for my curiosity: Has anyone with a stealth build fought these mobs?

Yes, it was too soon. I came there ~10 lvl I think. Yes, I fought with them like melee stealth tipe before, and like pistolero now.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I have a stealthy trap xbow guy, only strength 4, carrying all my traps and mines and assorted shit is becoming rather difficult... tempted to get the pack rat perk
And you was right, if you use traps heavily you'll need it.

Im assuming if it was a major problem a lot of people would have noticed, just seemed a bit strange to me.

Actually there was someone who report the same problem today/tonight, so I'll just add a little new info.

Ein Axt

Educated
How is everyone dealing with carry weight? I have a stealthy trap xbow guy, only strength 4, carrying all my traps and mines and assorted shit is becoming rather difficult... tempted to get the pack rat perk, but I always hate "wasting" a perk on something boring like that. Im assuming there are no backpack style items that increase carry weight? It seems like you hit max capacity very quickly in this game. But I guess thats the tradeoff for low strength.
Feats(or perks) slots are plentiful. You get them every two levels instead of three from Fallout. You also get a two free ones at level 1. I'd recommend it even if you have 6 strength.

Just finished an epic fight against Burrowers near Junkyard (there is quest with Cliff and his girlfriend). I had to use several tricks: mines, traps, caltrops, grenades, health hypos, sniper and assault rifles.

I was lvl 7 during the fight and it was really challenging: it took me several tries to get it right (lost one fight because my avatar missed a sniper aimshot with 83% chance !?). Anyway these fucks aggro like crazy.

So, was I under-leveled for this fight? And just for my curiosity: Has anyone with a stealth build fought these mobs?
Underleveled or no, I'm going to assume you fought them without shield emitters? If so you were under-equipped. Those mama Crawlers can rape you so hard with their stacking poisons and the smaller once have like 200 movement points to close the gap on you.

Inf0mercial

Augur
At lvl 15 now i have so many shield emitters and laser pistols clogging up my lockers that i could equip a decent sized militia, also sniper file plus aimed shot and stealth plus psi wall is hilarious, get in a spot where you can see target at 20 paces max range put a bipod on the sniper use the appropriate bullet for the target/ goggles that boost special attack damage/ a sniper that gives big critical hit bonuses use aimed shot and one shot kill them, then activate stealth and walk away.

If the enemy is close and try to chase you, throw up a wall or stun then keep running away and hide then stealth if all is successful they will lose track and go away, rinse and repeat it works wonders when you will hit the later parts filled with lunatics.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Guys... why such people exist at all.
Skills and features system is good but character creator lacks few predefined characters. It's entirely possible having to restart your first game because your character was done badly because there is no way to find out, in the start, which feats and stats are needed.
GOG review...

epeli

Arcane
Just finished an epic fight against Burrowers near Junkyard (there is quest with Cliff and his girlfriend). I had to use several tricks: mines, traps, caltrops, grenades, health hypos, sniper and assault rifles.

I was lvl 7 during the fight and it was really challenging: it took me several tries to get it right (lost one fight because my avatar missed a sniper aimshot with 83% chance !?). Anyway these fucks aggro like crazy.

I'd say you were just the right level if the fight was fun! But impressive work, wiping out an entire nest at once can't be easy at that level. Silent stealthy builds have it easier since they only have to worry about visual aggro.

Underleveled or no, I'm going to assume you fought them without shield emitters? If so you were under-equipped. Those mama Crawlers can rape you so hard with their stacking poisons and the smaller once have like 200 movement points to close the gap on you.

Real men were killing burrowers years before energy shields were even implemented :obviously:

Back in the day we walked 5 km uphill 5 loading screens to burrower caves, relied on antidotes instead of fancy shield gadgets and then returned to base empty handed because burrowers didn't drop any loot! True story.

Ein Axt

Educated
I'd say you were just the right level if the fight was fun! But impressive work, wiping out an entire nest at once can't be easy at that level. Silent stealthy builds have it easier since they only have to worry about visual aggro.

Real men were killing burrowers years before energy shields were even implemented :obviously:

Back in the day we walked 5 km uphill 5 loading screens to burrower caves, relied on antidotes instead of fancy shield gadgets and then returned to base empty handed because burrowers didn't drop any loot! True story.

You are correct, but then again there were no noise mechanic back then. People could lure and snipe them one by one. Now if you fire a single shot everyone/everything, their mother, and their dog will be rushing to your position ready to murder you. Also apparently mama Crawler shooty shooty is kinda noisy. It attracts more Crawlers from other areas/rooms.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Hit Depot A for the first time at level 7 (stealth/melee) and I am having a real time with acid. Going to have to get some resistant gear together before I can clear that out. LOVING this game.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
You can generally pick up some fairly inexpensive acid-resistant armor and possibly even boots from the available weapons dealers, with 7-8 acid DR, and that will help immensely. Unfortunately, this relies on a bit of luck, so if you don't have the relevant crafting skills and some appropriate leather, your only other choice is to tough it out or explore a bit and come back later.

I'd almost swear they ramped up the acid since Early Access, and that it now it sticks around for a large eternity rather than a medium eternity. That may just be my imagination, though.

Lhynn

Arcane
Hit Depot A for the first time at level 7 (stealth/melee) and I am having a real time with acid. Going to have to get some resistant gear together before I can clear that out. LOVING this game.
Yeah it was a mother fucker, i ended up leveling twice by the time i was done with it.

Mystary!

Arcane
It was rough, but once I managed to get a mutant hide to craft acid resist armor it became much easier. Wiped doggies with nades and stunlocked mutants with kicks to the balls.

Wondering what stat to raise next. Any point going above 10 with Strength or Constitution? Or should I pump Agility, currently at 7, for more AP instead? I usually only get 2 hits off, 3 if I can weave in a Pummel.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Note to self, burst/rapid fire are better than criticals.

In general yes, but not so much versus enemies with obscene mechanical resistance or anti-ballistic tac vests. There's special ammo for that of course, but it's rarer, and spraying it out is pricey.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It might be a minor glitch. Did you check if he was carrying the right caliber for his gun?

No actually I didnt, just assumed it would be the right caliber if he was carrying it, maybe thats the problem.

Rat pack perk was the first thing I took :) Fallout memories.
I also took Pack Rat Perk for my stealth xbow user.
Ask yourself this: If it means carrying around 25 extra mines, is the feat really 'wasted'?

Stealth builds really don't have to kill everything, especially not if you're using oddity system (you should).
But yeah, they're pretty hard. Use your stealth to prepare for fights: lay mines to kite enemies into, caltrops to prevent the spawn from instantly getting next to you, grenades when they're all grouped up nicely on said caltrops... and fire. FIRE, FIRE! Molotov's can cut off their paths pretty well or get 'em stuck in a corner and the arrows can hurt multiple enemies; and it can make 'em panicked.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Very few feats in this game are wasted. People shit on Snooping, but Snooping and Paranoia together along with one extra point in Perception can just about take the place of very high Perception and/or Traps skill without them... not quite, but pretty close.

Mystary!

Arcane
You know how HP regenerates automatically if above 85%? Well, this happens way too often to be coincidence...
BmHQIJ2.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
OK, so fuck me, despite going through Depot A with multiple characters, I really really can't figure out the key system, help me

I know that:
1) You can just travel via vents to the northernmost ladder guarded by 2 turrets, pop out the trapdoor, kill the mutant & ~5 dogs, and get the drill part. I want to know what to do if I can't kill those, and/or if I want to actually use another route.
2) I know that there is a regular door, and a garage door, leading to that Drill area. I know where those doors go to, and I know the layout of all the over- and under- ground areas.
3) I have North Gate Key Card; Old Key; Outer South Gate Key; Security Key Card.

From what I can figure out that should be what I need - the Old Key in particular should let me open the regular doors connecting Depot A North & Depot A West. But fuck me, neither of the doors leading to the drill area will open. What am I doing wrong?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
In general, loot anything you find and try every exit you can reach. I wish I could give you better advice, but I've always just killed and looted my way to the end at which point I end up with every key. I typically also open the last of the doors after I've completed everything, just for completeness' sake because I can't be bothered matching keys to doors in Depot A either.

Tigranes

Arcane
That's the thing. I'm pretty sure I've killed and looted everything - except the areas covered with mutants. If I'm going to start killing all of them, then I might as well just go with the trapdoor as I've done in the past. (Actually, my psi/unarmed is shamefully having great difficulty with that one.) If there are keys I haven't found in mutant areas, it just seems stupid that you can find so many keys, cover so much of the map, and yet, the only solution is (1) take the shortcut and kill the mutants, or (2) take the long way and kill the mutants.

Yes, I know you could hack the security system to Level 3 with high hacking, but I don't.

---

EDIT:
Ugh, ok. So it was the ONE place I forgot to look, my bad. For posterity:

the inner garage door key is in the room camped out by 2 turrets.

Still can't figure out the other door, though.

Last edited:

Inf0mercial

Augur
Ok need some help with a quest its tchortist quest so if you aren't there yet don't read.

So i got to edilan after doing the preserver quests he talks then the tremors start so i check wiki here as i had no idea how to proceed, so i go physics apartment they tell me tremors are coming from the west wing i go there and the wiki says go south yet south is blocked and no rocks to be destroyed that i can see, the wiki does not mention this so am i missing something? Is there a bug/ something that isn't triggering? I can't find a way south.

All notes are saying is "i should investigate"

Lol never mind i am blind missed a door need to learn to hold tab more.

Blackmill

Scholar
Do any of the opponents in the Arena have unique loot? I was never able to loot any of them before the fight ended.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom