Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
EMP mines, man. That's all I'm gonna say :P

Fry

Arcane
Yeah...my opinion on bio is based on my build (traditional AR + Tactical vest commando). Maybe a psi user needs more bio..

Just for the ability to make psi booster? I'm not far enough into the game to say, but so far I've found it's easy enough to buy.

Zetor

Arcane
I'm not a big fan of EMP mines... too heavy at 2.00 weight a pop compared to EMP grenades at 0.30. Plus the enemies you want the most to step on EMP mines (plasma sentries) seem to have very high detection while I can throw EMP grenades wherever I want them.

If you like traps, bio 55 opens up crawler poison, which is probably the best thing you can put on your bear traps to keep pesky enemy melee at bay. 3-turn root extended by a stun? I'll buy that for a charon!

edit:
Yeah...my opinion on bio is based on my build (traditional AR + Tactical vest commando). Maybe a psi user needs more bio..

Just for the ability to make psi booster? I'm not far enough into the game to say, but so far I've found it's easy enough to buy.
There's another reason for a psi user to want high bio (~70) in midgame/endgame... though it's not a must have either.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
A bit of Metathermics is also handy. Cryostasis and Cryogenic Induction feat can also be used to good effect with only their minimal skill requirements, 35 and 50.

Speaking of which, Cryokinesis' movement point debuff should also be independent of skill, and Pyrokinesis can, if nothing else, be used to blow up mines at a distance.
This. I am blowing all the mines and at the same time can kill minor enemies with basically free/ranged psi attacks. Plus i am freezing everyone and their dog while murdering their pals OR just run away and come back re-stealthed (Cryostasis makes enemies unaware).

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yeah, I forgot and pumped my Biology up to 90 again. Hopefully there's some crazy drug out there that requires at least 80....

meeb93

Literate
I'm hitting a wall in the area with Crawlers in Core City. Bastards just pop out of stealth and nearly one shot my own stealth character.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm hitting a wall in the area with Crawlers in Core City. Bastards just pop out of stealth and nearly one shot my own stealth character.

It's not Core City, but I guess it's too early for me too.
Don't know where I am, but I know I need to get fucking out. )
54c483df35d49a7aa2e6b2603675e0c5.jpg

87e92d648b5e2dc84d0c3ee8f60850a8.jpg

Ein Axt

Educated
Yeah, I forgot and pumped my Biology up to 90 again. Hopefully there's some crazy drug out there that requires at least 80....
I found something that requires 125 in the Deep Caverns. Dunno what it's for, though.

Some parts of Core City is dangerous. Much like any real big city in real life. Some of the not so nice parts can have muggers(I'm assuming they're the ones killing you from stealth), thugs, gangs, crazies, and even
a small squad and a company of Faceless

sser

Arcane
Developer
Can you dabble in Psi? Like if I have 6 Will, can I just pour some points into one of the Psi's here and there, or is it more of an aspect you need to invest a lot in to get any return?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ein Axt Nah, he's talking about the buggers, not muggers. I remember being killed by a mugger during my first real playthrough pre-portraits (after a couple of false starts), as a heavily-armored melee guy. Good times. Knives are the absolute devil in general. That playthrough is also when I belatedly discovered that heavy armor requires Tailoring, much to my disgruntlement.

Well, just finished the fight with the
Rathound King, character still at level 13. I took not a single point of damage playing as pure psi. You're handed the jump if you simply attack; I Mental Breakdown'ed the King and killed most of the rathounds, including the ancient, during my tactical withdrawal back to the screen's entrance. I hid behind the stalagmite formation and prepared for the King to close in, heard him sprinting, peeked out a couple of times to check on his progress... I saw him, but at some point he gave up and just went back to his room. I crept back, finished off the last alpha which was wandering around outside, then hit the King with Premeditation, 3x Cryokinesis, and Cryostasis. Popped out, popped back in, hit him with Mental Breakdown, then got a Neural Overload crit and he died.
Can you dabble in Psi? Like if I have 6 Will, can I just pour some points into one of the Psi's here and there, or is it more of an aspect you need to invest a lot in to get any return?

You can get away with only 6 Will (won't be fantastic, but decent) if you pump that one skill to the max, but with middling Will and only partial investment, you get a mediocre result with mediocre damage and a pretty good chance for enemies to resist your psi abilities. However, epeli and I were discussing "dabbling" uses of psi just a handful of posts back.

meeb93

Literate
Got past those damn Crawlers. Took some save scumming to not bump into them.

Also I found it funny. The dude you can bribe for 200 charons? If you kill him right after he leads you to the secret entrance, his corpse has like 6 charons on it. What happened to my 200?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The
doppelganger
gave me a minor rage attack. That guy combined with the PSI beetles.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Back in Early Access, I traveled to Core City by ferry.

Today, I wanted to explore some side tunnels outside SGS after opening up the map. I blew open some passages, travelled through caves, sneaked past Burrowers and Shadow Lurkers, killed Rathounds and dogs. I started getting lost but I still kept on going, exploring without aim.
I paid a thug to let me pass "his" corridor. I came into contact with the Lurker gang and got my ass utterly handed to me when the Lurker Hunters disarmed my traps and caught me in throwing nets. Finally I came to a stairway guarded by Praetors and realized I had reached Core City.

It's a shame the ferry cost is inconsequential, traveling by foot is so much more challenging and rewarding and I wish I had done it on my Early Access character.

Also, I love how Fallout-y some of the new(?) tracks are, Josh Culler is really channeling his inner Mark Morgan. The marching boots and loudspeaker voice in the Protectorate track, and the bazaar-themed Core City track... I love it.

roshan

Arcane
Also, I love how Fallout-y some of the new(?) tracks are, Josh Culler is really channeling his inner Mark Morgan. The marching boots and loudspeaker voice in the Protectorate track, and the bazaar-themed Core City track... I love it.

Love the music. It's incredible, his work is actually much better than Mark Morgan's new stuff which is quite bland. Junktown gave me strong vibes of The Den.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Firstly as everyone else has said this game is awesome and indeed the second coming of glorious isometric RPG pleasure! Thanks to our lord and saviour Styg!

Now quick question re: armor values,

Im looking at a tactical vest with a damage threshold of 4, and the description includes: increase damage threshold by 200% vs bullets, does someone know what this means? Is it just equal to 8, or is it increased twice to 12, and yes I suck at and hate maths, so please help! Im deciding if I need a back up suit for anti bullets or I can just look super cool in my stealthy ratskin overcoat...

And a minor thing, omw out from SGS for the first time to the GMC compound I ran into those three thugs who attack you for the package, during the fire fight one of the guys, with an SMG ran out of ammo, instead of reloading he kept making a shoot action which obviously resulted in a "out of ammo" result, when i looted his corpse he had spare ammo, seems odd... havnt been involved in any other major firefights yet so not sure if this will happen again.

Ein Axt

Educated
Back in Early Access, I traveled to Core City by ferry.

Today, I wanted to explore some side tunnels outside SGS after opening up the map. I blew open some passages, travelled through caves, sneaked past Burrowers and Shadow Lurkers, killed Rathounds and dogs. I started getting lost but I still kept on going, exploring without aim.
I paid a thug to let me pass "his" corridor. I came into contact with the Lurker gang and got my ass utterly handed to me when the Lurker Hunters disarmed my traps and caught me in throwing nets. Finally I came to a stairway guarded by Praetors and realized I had reached Core City.

It's a shame the ferry cost is inconsequential, traveling by foot is so much more challenging and rewarding and I wish I had done it on my Early Access character.

I really love the music when you enter the "University". Really fits the creepy-ness of those guys.

Firstly as everyone else has said this game is awesome and indeed the second coming of glorious isometric RPG pleasure! Thanks to our lord and saviour Styg!

Now quick question re: armor values,

Im looking at a tactical vest with a damage threshold of 4, and the description includes: increase damage threshold by 200% vs bullets, does someone know what this means? Is it just equal to 8, or is it increased twice to 12, and yes I suck at and hate maths, so please help! Im deciding if I need a back up suit for anti bullets or I can just look super cool in my stealthy ratskin overcoat...

And a minor thing, omw out from SGS for the first time to the GMC compound I ran into those three thugs who attack you for the package, during the fire fight one of the guys, with an SMG ran out of ammo, instead of reloading he kept making a shoot action which obviously resulted in a "out of ammo" result, when i looted his corpse he had spare ammo, seems odd... havnt been involved in any other major firefights yet so not sure if this will happen again.

I'm pretty sure it's +200% added to the original value. Unless they changed it. Been awhile since I played a medium armor wearing character.

It might be a minor glitch. Did you check if he was carrying the right caliber for his gun?

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
It might be a minor glitch. Did you check if he was carrying the right caliber for his gun?

No actually I didnt, just assumed it would be the right caliber if he was carrying it, maybe thats the problem.

How is everyone dealing with carry weight? I have a stealthy trap xbow guy, only strength 4, carrying all my traps and mines and assorted shit is becoming rather difficult... tempted to get the pack rat perk, but I always hate "wasting" a perk on something boring like that. Im assuming there are no backpack style items that increase carry weight? It seems like you hit max capacity very quickly in this game. But I guess thats the tradeoff for low strength.

Makagulfazel

Educated
So, bros, is this ready for the virgin playthrough? Or wait for a few more patches?

Underrail - even as a beta - has been more ready for a virgin playthrough than many of the games I've played recently; so immense, I didn't reach the end of the content on my last couple of runs. No major bugs a la Pillars compounding defenses.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Just finished an epic fight against Burrowers near Junkyard (there is quest with Cliff and his girlfriend). I had to use several tricks: mines, traps, caltrops, grenades, health hypos, sniper and assault rifles.

I was lvl 7 during the fight and it was really challenging: it took me several tries to get it right (lost one fight because my avatar missed a sniper aimshot with 83% chance !?). Anyway these fucks aggro like crazy.

So, was I under-leveled for this fight? And just for my curiosity: Has anyone with a stealth build fought these mobs?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom