Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny Pre-Release Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It really isn't. It's a Fallout: New Vegas design tenet.

Pillars of Eternity as well. Results in a nonstandard game over with one character though. :M

Sentinel

Arcane
Brian just confirmed you can hide the "You don't meet the requirement for this option" shit in the dialogue. For that dude that was interested.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And it's over. There will be a stream next week featuring the game's writers.

Sentinel

Arcane
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Brian just confirmed you can hide the "You don't meet the requirement for this option" shit in the dialogue. For that dude that was interested.
The dude wanted to hide all qualifiers tho.

Not the same thing? :/
No, he wanted to hide all the [Stat XX] in dialogue.
that's exactly what brian was referring to
Your post made it sound like he was talking about just hiding the dialogue lines you do not qualify for.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if they're going to show anything besides the game's first hour in streams before release day.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Early pre-order sales looks not so fabulous: http://tools.garry.tv/steamchart/?show=362960

HTF6NPX.png

A round of previews couldn't get Tyranny to top 10:

m9bha1N.png

Gord

Arcane
Too low profile, I think.
Not much presence in the relevant media didn't create much anticipation/hype, which is necessary to create a significant demand for preorders.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Glass half full, hardcore isometric fans don't pre-order games because they're smart cookies

Glass half empty, launching a game, any game, up against the best of the best in November and you're going to have a bad time.

If Tyranny gets to 500k sales that'll be a job well done in my mind, it'll prove that the formula is well, a formula and Obsidian and InEx can keep their teams on this genre long term without much fear of financial failure. Getting through the storm is the issue however.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom