Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny Pre-Release Thread

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I figure the time limit will matter as much as choices did in PoE.

Sentinel

Arcane
H0KlM2q.jpg

agris

Arcane
Patron
doesn't look like you can disable them. wasn't it called 'show skill checks in dialogue' or something? maybe the option is under 'Difficulty'.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
wow there's a guy covering the entire bottom right corner

obsidian really dropped the ball on UI design this time around

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
doesn't look like you can disable them. wasn't it called 'show skill checks in dialogue' or something? maybe the option is under 'Difficulty'.
ye. iirc poe has 3 options, show rep/disposition gain, show qualifiers and show options you don't qualify for.

Fry

Arcane
They've replaced lore dumps with flavor text tool tips. Hmm.

Fry

Arcane
I'm undecided. I'm not sure I want game dialog to feel like reading wikipedia notations, but it's probably more elegant than characters unloading reams of exposition.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Ideally it should be confined to encyclopedia but the writers need to shove in your face the LOAR they are so proud of creating. One of the most repulsive things about modern writing.

Efe

Erudite
that streamer was so obnoxious i gave up on the game :(
i hope someone here obtained a key and will do a sensible video/stream of this.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
that streamer was so obnoxious i gave up on the game :(
i hope someone here obtained a key and will do a sensible video/stream of this.

Just watch the Polygon video, no streamer talk at all

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Great idea. Get a fat sleep-deprived Starcraft guy to showcase your RPG. He looks bored out of his mind.

Fry

Arcane
Hey, it's almost like the Paradox marketing department is just selecting streamers based on subscription numbers rather than interest in or ability to engage with the game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That and they probably picked this guy because he is very PC centric. He is always the host on all kind of PC gaming award thingys. The problem is though, he only plays freaking StarCraft and other Blizzard products.

Didn't they pay him to promote the game? Why is he shitting on the writing? lol

That is not supposed to happen! :)

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
That RPS article gives me pretty good vibes.

I might be the only poster here who is legit kinda hype for this game but I still doubt I'll get it right away, not with that price tag when the new industry standard guarantees countless game changing patches and probably DLC.
I pre-ordered it from a UK steam key site because Brexit. Helped lower the price a bit at least.

As for the time limit, I'm sure it'll be one of the first things modded out.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
The problem is though, he only plays freaking StarCraft and other Blizzard products.
Not really true, he has segment where he plays other stuff like adventure games. Still you could have naked women playing it and would still be boring as fuck to watch because of the game model.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
To force you to think about the actual text of your answer when you pick it, rather than just assuming "oh, I'm using a skill so it must be the good one".

There are a lot of places in PoE where the option with an attribute check by it isn't an option that would necessarily fit your character or one that is necessarily better than any of the others.

Mortmal

Arcane
What the heck? It is marketed as a short, highly replayable campaign not a 100h epic adventure... My guess was on 25€, this is ridiculous.
25euros thats not even the price of an EU4 dlc with content pack ! You shouldnt be surprised. Anyway you can probably buy a russian key for a fraction of this price, or wait for summer sale at -50%, or sometimes even -75% only a few months after release if it really sucks.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
10 minutes into Tyranny, I melt an entire city of medieval nerds with lava.
I'm wary of this big, stupid Megaton-style of CnC. Still in Day 1, because I need to keep my boy JE rolling in the Wisconsin cheese curds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom