Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-based DS steampunk game whaaaaaaaat?

Panthera said:
Get a PSP if you want awesome tactical RPGS.

First of all, "Tactical" combined with "RPG" made by "Japan" equals "grindfest"

Second of all, calling Wesnoth-level strategies "tactics" is offensive to the genre.

So, final word is, shut your STD hole.

@Murrow: I don't know whether to applaud or call you names for trying to reason with that moron.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Eddy, you've completely proved my point of a person who warps reality to their own personal preferences. You've obviously made many educated guesses here, and some of them are completely incorrect. You're harsher on newer games, while maintaining an imbeciles level of forgiveness for older ones. Quit trying to cover your ass! Good games are made and improved upon all the time. IMHO there will be a game created this year that is superior to Ultima 1 . By this reasoning, RPGs have a chance for perpetual improvement. Your short sight condemns anything innovative, and for that reason, your opinions are pure shit. This basically makes you a worthless human being and a chronic masturbater. Have fun with this reality, I'm going to fuck my hot girlfriend now, lol. Please continue living in 199X, as this is the only place you belong! :lol: No, I don't have to articulate myself anymore than I have. you know or should know I'm correct on this. Go ahead and see if I even care about youre piss poor accusations. I feel as though I'm talking down to a bunch of dumb dogs right now...I really wished for something more but the continued lack of foresight I've witnessed here has taught me otherwise.
:? :?

This seriously makes me consider starting my own forum for intelligible rpg players who aren't idiots...

LeStryfe79 said:
Eddy, you've completely proved my point of a person who warps reality to their own personal preferences.

Say what? Says the person who constantly warps my arguments into demented forms to dodge them?

Really though, where am I warping reality. Cause that sounds kinda cool.

You've obviously made many educated guesses here, and some of them are completely incorrect.

Maybe I went a little too bulveristic in one of my posts with the whole. Sorry, I ain't a superman like Cleve, and ain't perfect. Maybe it wasn't you melting down because someone insulted jRPGs. My bad.

You're harsher on newer games, while maintaining an imbeciles level of forgiveness for older ones.

No. This is another one of the times you put this notion into my mouth when I've never said it. Just because I don't like Fallout 3, doesn't mean I don't like it because it's new. I don't like it because of the crippling design flaws that make it not fun.

And now it's time to completely rock your idea of my psyche: I liked Mass Effect. One of my favorite games (possibly my favorite) is from 2005, Ninja Gaiden Black. Hell the sequel from 2008 is also one of my favorites. I'm awaiting Mass Effect 2.

I don't like a lot of old games too. I don't like X-Com Enforcer because it's old now. I'm not a huge fan of Darklands (still recognize good design in it though). I could go on and on.

Good games are made and improved upon all the time. IMHO there will be a game created this year that is superior to Ultima 1 . By this reasoning, RPGs have a chance for perpetual improvement.

What the....?

Perpetual improvement isn't improving on the first thing made of a genre, but constantly improving on the improvements, something I don't think most companies are doing now.

Your short sight condemns anything innovative, and for that reason, your opinions are pure shit. This basically makes you a worthless human being and a chronic masturbater. Have fun with this reality, I'm going to fuck my hot girlfriend now, lol. Please continue living in 199X, as this is the only place you belong! :lol: No, I don't have to articulate myself anymore than I have. you know or should know I'm correct on this. Go ahead and see if I even care about youre piss poor accusations. I feel as though I'm talking down to a bunch of dumb dogs right now...I really wished for something more but the continued lack of foresight I've witnessed here has taught me otherwise.

This seriously makes me consider starting my own forum for intelligible rpg players who aren't idiots...

Epic meltdown. Sticky this shit.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Forgive me, LeStryfe - I just had a mental image of a man getting up from his computer in a huff, going into the living room - where his suitably hot girlfriend is doing something like reading a book - and grabbing and kissing her passionately. Startled, she pulls away after the kiss -

"Whoa, sweetie, what the heck - I'm reading!"
"NOT NOW! We must go have sex immediately, so that I may best mock the peoples of the internet!"

(/all in good fun)

GMonkey

Scholar
LeStryfe79 said:
Eddy, you've completely proved my point of a person who warps reality to their own personal preferences. You've obviously made many educated guesses here, and some of them are completely incorrect. You're harsher on newer games, while maintaining an imbeciles level of forgiveness for older ones. Quit trying to cover your ass! Good games are made and improved upon all the time. IMHO there will be a game created this year that is superior to Ultima 1 . By this reasoning, RPGs have a chance for perpetual improvement. Your short sight condemns anything innovative, and for that reason, your opinions are pure shit. This basically makes you a worthless human being and a chronic masturbater. Have fun with this reality, I'm going to fuck my hot girlfriend now, lol. Please continue living in 199X, as this is the only place you belong! :lol: No, I don't have to articulate myself anymore than I have. you know or should know I'm correct on this. Go ahead and see if I even care about youre piss poor accusations. I feel as though I'm talking down to a bunch of dumb dogs right now...I really wished for something more but the continued lack of foresight I've witnessed here has taught me otherwise.

Holy fucknuts. :hahano:

Also, I'd just like to point out that Final Fantasy Tactics was a dumbed down, mutilated Tactics Ogre. Light fun for what it was but not, in any way, "the shit."

Hobo Elf

Arcane
LeStryfe79 said:

davidw.jpg

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lol! Honestly, I haven't seen my hot girlfriend in weeks, which means I probably don't have one anymore! Truth be told, I've drank about 3 gallons of rum* in the last week (not joking) and my constant drinking and video game playing is probably the reason she no longer drives 2 hours to see me. Oh well, we all have to set priorities in life. My priorities just happen to include being a goddamn bastard...

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, happy mother's day!

* Disclaimer: After making this post I decided to add up my alcohol consuption, and counting today, I've actually only drank 2.2 gallons of rum over the course of 8 days.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Well, this thread certainly took a turn for the worse. LeStryfe, I salute you for successfully showcasing the many dangers of acting like a complete tool.

Imbecile

Arbiter
Andyman Messiah said:
Well, this thread certainly took a turn for the worse. LeStryfe, I salute you for successfully showcasing the many dangers of acting like a complete tool.

Fortunately that danger is usually only to yourself

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Andy, you're great and all, but you've misused the word tool here.

Also, contrary to the easily perceived surface of vulgarity in my previous posts, I did not m.e.l.t.d.o.w.n. Everything I wrote was articulated to convey exactly what I meant. I use colorful language because the over indulgence in quoting every sentence to make an argument is an unnatural extension of the internet. It creates an illusion of intelligent dialogue but is in fact, nothing of the sort. I simply don't feel that pointing out every single line of bullshit I read makes me somehow superior. Instead, when addressing such lies, I think a packaged degradation is more appropriate. I knew what I was getting into, simply because my views were unpopular.

In other words, just because this is a forum of relative free speech, doesn't make its members immune to developing a mob mentality of poor insight.

There is a clear difference between a well conceived opinion and obvious bias. RPG Codex is a great site, but mostly because it is funny, and because people can say whatever they want here. It is NOT a forum for intellectual discussion, because I'm not sure such a thing is possible at this point of our civilization. When I call someone a chronic masturbater and damn everyone to hell, I'm being serious, but only because being serious is funny.

Don't kid yourselves by taking the high road when no such road actually exists.

LeStryfe79 said:
It is NOT a forum for intellectual discussion, because I'm not sure such a thing is possible at this point of our civilization.

Don't kid yourselves by taking the high road when no such road actually exists.
pretentious.jpg

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
That would be correct. T and F are close together, yes. In fact, they're too damn close! My fat, cheeto dust covered fingers can't deal with that shit! Something must be done! I propose a petition of some kind!

(Btw, attention english majors: what was wrong with the misuse of the word tool? I've been told all my life that if you call someone a fucking tool, you're basically calling him an idiot (which isn't that far off from "fool" really). Seeing as I live only to learn, I'd like to know out of curiousity. Fill me in, LeStryfe. Bring lots of lube.)

Now. I don't think that you come off as intelligent at all. Maybe if you had broken out your english dictionary before I called you a <s>pool</s> (THAT DAMN P IS TOO DAMN CLOSE!!) fool I would have been of a different opinion. The arguments that you use are ridiculous, vague and childish and I entirely understand why most people in the thread just said "fuck it, I'll just post a picture instead." These people actually understood your purpose in this thread. Edward_R_Murrow, as much as I like him, didn't as he strived to prove you wrong in the sense of two people having an argument, in the sense of real debate, etc. He clearly wrote his posts entirely for nothing since your answers were always written in the sense of "I'm just here to try and get a rise outta you guys!"

"Your short sight condemns anything innovative, and for that reason, your opinions are pure shit. This basically makes you a worthless human being and a chronic masturbater."

This reply is not what I would call vulgar, and all the pretty, difficult words does not make it intelligent. This is what I would call a worthless attempt at an insult in the style of kissing tag. Come and get me! Throw all the profanity you got at me! Really, LeStryfe, if you wanted intellectual debate in the first place, and you wanted to prove that you were right, you should have answered in a mature and intelligent manner. But, WHADDAYAKNOW!? you didn't. Instead you have proved that you're nothing but a fool who plays with tools in my private pool. Yeah that's right, I own the internet, bitch! Bet you didn't know that.

Now pull your fucking head outta your ass and get a fucking grip, dude. Some of us have meaningful lives to lead.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Andyman Messiah said:
That would be correct. T and F are close together, yes. In fact, they're too damn close! My fat, cheeto dust covered fingers can't deal with that shit! Something must be done! I propose a petition of some kind!

(Btw, attention english majors: what was wrong with the misuse of the word tool? I've been told all my life that if you call someone a fucking tool, you're basically calling him an idiot (which isn't that far off from "fool" really). Seeing as I live only to learn, I'd like to know out of curiousity. Fill me in, LeStryfe. Bring lots of lube.)

Now. I don't think that you come off as intelligent at all. Maybe if you had broken out your english dictionary before I called you a <s>pool</s> (THAT DAMN P IS TOO DAMN CLOSE!!) fool I would have been of a different opinion. The arguments that you use are ridiculous, vague and childish and I entirely understand why most people in the thread just said "fuck it, I'll just post a picture instead." These people actually understood your purpose in this thread. Edward_R_Murrow, as much as I like him, didn't as he strived to prove you wrong in the sense of two people having an argument, in the sense of real debate, etc. He clearly wrote his posts entirely for nothing since your answers were always written in the sense of "I'm just here to try and get a rise outta you guys!"

"Your short sight condemns anything innovative, and for that reason, your opinions are pure shit. This basically makes you a worthless human being and a chronic masturbater."

This reply is not what I would call vulgar, and all the pretty, difficult words does not make it intelligent. This is what I would call a worthless attempt at an insult in the style of kissing tag. Come and get me! Throw all the profanity you got at me! Really, LeStryfe, if you wanted intellectual debate in the first place, and you wanted to prove that you were right, you should have answered in a mature and intelligent manner. But, WHADDAYAKNOW!? you didn't. Instead you have proved that you're nothing but a fool who plays with tools in my private pool. Yeah that's right, I own the internet, bitch! Bet you didn't know that.

Now pull your fucking head outta your ass and get a fucking grip, dude. Some of us have meaningful lives to lead.

Nintendo-characters-games-art-mike-tyson-Von-Kaiser.jpg

Great jab!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom