Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm going to miss Albus and the gang, but it honestly makes a lot of sense to have new protagonists for the sequel. That way it makes sense for them to start at lvl 1, and we get to play with some all new builds!

Shaki

Arbiter
Honestly, I don't give a fuck about protagonist and story, It's not like anyone played troubleshooter for the great writing anyway, I just want another 300 hours of build autism :love:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Honestly, I don't give a fuck about protagonist and story, It's not like anyone played troubleshooter for the great writing anyway, I just want another 300 hours of build autism :love:

I eventually came to love the story and characters. I mean, for example, hero Irene is more real and charming to me than any of the characters in BG3, despite the vastly greater AAA gloss, and all the little joys and tragedies in the Troubleshooter story are more moving.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Anyway, my biggest hope for the sequel is that we get to kick Marco's ass and have Luna join as a playable character.

Nirvash

Liturgist
I DEMAND anne, chainsaw girl and best girl heixing to stay.

Ok, stuck in the dlc, holy damn the difficult spike for that damn clow ambush in the ruins, holy damn those chain shots for the damn giant stormtroopers mechs.
Holy damn this "ah ah ah perfect dodge cover skill never seen before fuck you" those damn snipers have, and they silence on hit, and poison on death, and shit in your bed.
And the damn cover from the ruins surgically made to suck.

I must grind money to craft all equipment and fit stun/silence immunities.
Holy damn are the 2h swords made of gold and diamonts or what? Are those drones made from precious alien tech or what? Do those graffiti spray bombs use ashes made for the corpses of rich jews or what? I also need the skin and the genitals of some pokemon i have yet to see, wtf.

And holy damn how useless the ice guy is, i hate him more than sion.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Having a total blast with this lately, when the baby is in bed. Did need to look up how the crafting etc works, was not well explained in game imo
Thanks for reccommending this, well worth it

Why is this thread not in the tacticool forum? Tactis bros try this one, feeling like playing Terror from the Deep as a teenager :bro:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/470310/view/3748740074326563765

The release of the final update of “Crimson Crow” doesn’t mean that it is the end of the support for our game.
After we finish our final update of DLC, we’ll focus on improvement over existing content, QoL, and even more new content requested by the community.

With this, we’ll build on our experience with the improvements we should make in our sequel and present you better gaming experience to gamers who still enjoy “Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children”.

These kinds of updates will be released one or two per month before we start focusing our resources on our new game.

The updates like usual will be continued and normal missions will be added as our development goes on.

I have been waiting for them to finish developing the game before playing it seriously and this is first time in my life I am sad that the devs are supporting the game with additional content and fixes.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Final mission only had 13 enemies but there are couple the most strongest enemies in the game, destrons are dangerous again.
1k hours and only game where I have 100% achievements

i519ezT.jpg

belated

Augur
Final mission only had 13 enemies but there are couple the most strongest enemies in the game, destrons are dangerous again.
1k hours and only game where I have 100% achievements
My first mission run ended with only Albus, Sion and Kylie standing, after spending ages duking it out with Schild.
On my second run a berserk Meister killed Ray as the very last action of the mission, annoying.
I'll probably switch Heixing to ranger (for armor disabling) and Kylie to engineer (for more "meat" shields) when I go for a third run.

Lhynn

Arcane
The greatest surprise in this game, to me, is how you end up respecting and rooting for Albus.
The game starts and he seems like a blank slate, a nothing character designed to show you the world through his eyes. But then, slowly at first, you start seeing theres a whole lot to him. He is a capable and ambitious leader, mechanically the guy is your backbone, not your strongest guy, but never your weakest, just incredibly reliable, able to fill many roles. You actually see him struggle, his past is relatable, his first job, his enthusiasm, its all shit you probably have felt at some point or another, and then the disillusionment, the feeling that you are stuck.

Hes just solid, and he plays the straight man so well, manages to balance an entire team of misfits on his own.

Pocgels

Scholar
Hopefully the next roster sees the addition of already-existing characters. Some of my favorite parts of the game were where you got to play as random spoonists/gangsters for a little bit at the start. So hopefully nak-nak or bam-bam or whatever his name was will be a major character and instead of random cops, you get generic spoonists as support

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Morgoth My sincerest apologies from everyone in this thread for not making you aware of this game earlier. We have let you down, and we do not deserve to call ourselves Codexers. How we did not manage to convey the fun aspect of build options, fun combat, and long missions is unacceptable. We regret to inform you that our lack of ability to convey to you how good this game is has caused os lots of shame, so allow us to lower our heads in disgrace.

I hope that you can forgive us for not making you notice the greatness that is Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children

We hope to redeem ourselves for the sequel.

Sincerely,
RPG Codex Troubleshooter fans.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Never heard of this game, but it seems good?
Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children (2020) is a squad-based tactics game with intricate character customization and progression, excellent encounter design, and engaging mechanics; one of the greatest games released in the last decade in any genre.

xHpvssG.jpg

2rjTYVX.jpg

Tactics-Is-The-New-RPG.png

Reinhardt

Arcane
morgoth campaigning hard for ongoing elections.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom