Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Almost done with Wiz Empires Staff of Resurrection for game boy! 95% of dialogue is completely inserted! Wrapping up the small stuff now

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sweet, after I tried the first one I held back until the second translation was released. Although I feel guilty for trying the remakes before beating the earlier games.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wasn't the first one's translation very abbreviated/shortened or some such?

LJ40

Cipher
The item/spell/character names were abbreviated, but it wasn't that bad. If you've played the original it's not really much of a problem.

The description of the second one seems like it may even be less of an issue. Apparently names were revised, but just because a straight translation wouldn't make sense (A piece of armor would have been named armor armor, shit like that).

Ermm

Erudite
Kinda sad that instead of translating games, Gemini wants to make a Gun Survivor remake.

Gun Survivor.........:retarded:

I am as big Resi fan as the next guy, but this is a totally wasted effort. Alright, I played it at a young age, so I didn't rip it to shreds then, since I got some enjoyment out of it.
I don't really want to experience it in the classic RE mode, no matter how I love that gameplay style.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Kinda sad that instead of translating games, Gemini wants to make a Gun Survivor remake.

Gun Survivor.........:retarded:

I am as big Resi fan as the next guy, but this is a totally wasted effort. Alright, I played it at a young age, so I didn't rip it to shreds then, since I got some enjoyment out of it.
I don't really want to experience it in the classic RE mode, no matter how I love that gameplay style.

It looks way better then the original though.

Ermm

Erudite
Yeah, sure, but I'd rather play Little Princess 2 or Soul Hackers than re-playing a short light-gun game, which wasn't even supposed to be like the classic RE's all that much.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Yeah, sure, but I'd rather play Little Princess 2 or Soul Hackers than re-playing a short light-gun game, which wasn't even supposed to be like the classic RE's all that much.

Its not a light gun game though, he is taking the story and somewhat redoing it with the normal RE3 walk around type environment.

Ermm

Erudite
Its not a light gun game though, he is taking the story and somewhat redoing it with the normal RE3 walk around type environment.

What I should've said is that the game was originally a light-gun game, so re-doing it in a classic RE style is ultimately a wasted effort, because it wasn't made to be like that in the first place. Why should they painstakingly remake a short light-gun game with pre-rendered backgrounds and everything?

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Here is a news announcement for the translation of the Japanese title Battle Storm into English! In this strategic warfare game, you can take control of Sylvester Stallone, Chuck Norris, Eddie Murphy, Bruce Lee, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Fight it out on the battlefield with tanks, helicopters, jets, and missiles in order to destroy the opponents base! Everything has been translated except for the small dialogue when you enter the 2 secret maps in the game where you will face 2 enemies from action movies!

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2497/

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Hey if any one knows of any one who is able to translate Japanese, please let me know. I have some to work available on some games I am working on and can use any available help I can get :D

flyingjohn

Arcane
A guy who has never worked on a fan translation before and can't translate himself nevertheless feels very strongly about a particular game he may or may not have played due to the language barrier, enough to want to start a fan translation project. Does anyone else think something here is odd?
I don't know,seems like a typical mod project minus the delicious drama.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom