Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry Empire - Staff of Resurection English translation project for Game Boy Color!!

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Here to announce another Wizardry project!​

42425_front.jpg

42425_back.jpg

42425_side.jpg

HERE TO ANNOUNCE THE PATCH HAS REACHED ITS COMPLETION PHASE AND READY FOR RELEASE!!!
ENJOY!
:D

CREDITS

MRRICHARD999 & RAINPONCHO FOR GAME HACKING
HELLY & AGENTORANGE FOR TRANSLATION WORK

mbVQN9F.png

PACNSACDAVE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE SCREEN GRAPHICS
SPECIAL THANKS TO Demilich FOR PLAYTESTING

CLICK HERE FOR THE PATCH DOWNLOAD LINK!!

PROGRESS
100% COMPLETE!!!
CURRENT VERSION 1.0!

5RFwwTv.png
82pi90d.png
JE3fEhk.png
0YDPz4E.png

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
So many wizardry translation projects, every time I see a wizardry translation thread with unread posts I am like aren't I following that thread? Keep up the productive work. :salute: Indeed.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
So many wizardry translation projects, every time I see a wizardry translation thread with unread posts I am like aren't I following that thread? Keep up the productive work. :salute: Indeed.

It does seem like there are too many but while I am doing this, translation work is being divided for the other two titles. Because of the time constraints I am having, I really want to try to make the best progress on the other two so that once this one is done, the others will be close to done also :)

Thanks for keeping up with these threads and showing support! :salute:

If one of these gets done than Wizardry Empire 1 for PC will be the next project followed by Prisoners of Battles & Five Ordeals for Windows!

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Just wanted to post an update, the project is alive and still going :) While waiting for translations to finish on Wizardry Chronicle & Wizardry Empire II for PC, I resume working on this title. Here are some screen shots for now. :D

IY5Nt1P.png
Fi4SaGo.png
6MG8eQR.png
kpbUlox.png

So what are these licenced Japanese Wizardry games like? Must-plays for fans of the originals, or just borrowing the name and basic systems for a less impressive blobber? I assume from the excited response to new translation projects that they aren't total shite.

Viata

Arcane
So what are these licenced Japanese Wizardry games like? Must-plays for fans of the originals, or just borrowing the name and basic systems for a less impressive blobber? I assume from the excited response to new translation projects that they aren't total shite.
Well, most of them are from Wiz6 below, so if you expect something like Wiz 8, it's better to not play any. Otherwise, go play it, they are pretty good for fans of the originals.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

They're like the early Wizardries, occasionally with some additional class(es) on top.

A user named cat

This is all fantastic work you've been doing. Do you have any plans post-Wizardry or interest on working on any other games? Would be great to see Romancing Saga 2 or Laplace No Ma finally completed so you wouldn't have to start from scratch. Aeon Genesis cockteased a lot of projects over the years that were dropped due to a lack of help.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I recall that MrRichard was going to translate Megami Tensei: Last Bible, which got me very excited, but I don't remember what happened to that project.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
This is all fantastic work you've been doing. Do you have any plans post-Wizardry or interest on working on any other games? Would be great to see Romancing Saga 2 or Laplace No Ma finally completed so you wouldn't have to start from scratch. Aeon Genesis cockteased a lot of projects over the years that were dropped due to a lack of help.

As far as any project Aeon Genesis is doing, I will not do...
More than likely they are waaay harder to work on for code reasons and plus when they do work on a project it comes out great so to compete against that is just wasted time and something I refuse to do. They continue to work on strong so I would be patient.

I thought about going in to work on Majin Tensei again but Ghideon Zhi is working on it now and im sure it will turn out to be much better than what I could do on that ROM.

I can't wait to finish up the PC game projects as its a step up from ROM work and they are coming out much better than I had anticipated as I can fit more into dialogue than normally with a ROM as they are more restricted and dealing with pointers is a pain in the ass...

Pretty much here is the line of projects that are definitely doable and will get done.
1. Wizardry Chronicle
2. Wizardry Empires II for PC
3. Lunatic Dawn - 3rd Book (Has been started & will kick in to full swing when Helly is done with Lunatic Dawn - Passage project)
4. Wizardry Empires I for PC

After these..

5. Wizardry - Prisoners of Battle
6. Wizardry Five Ordeals
(HAVE TO LOOK AT THE CODE AS THESE MAY NOT BE DOABLE..)

7. Last Bible Special - Need to wait for coder to finish working on Wizardry Gaiden IV text insertion before I can go further on this...

8. My Metroid Hack :P
9. Real small pet projects along the way.

Unsure about afterwards :P

Was looking at this game possibly also
- Rinne

Or may help Helly with Uncharted Waters III.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
[hype list]

Damn. Please don't stop having free-time.

EDIT: And if I may also suggest something, why not give Llylgamyn Wizardry games for the PS1 a look? As far as I can tell it houses one of the only remakes Wizardry IV (for some reason the SNES skipped it).

I also really want to import characters without any hassle. :oops:

Last edited:

A user named cat

More than likely they are waaay harder to work on for code reasons and plus when they do work on a project it comes out great so to compete against that is just wasted time and something I refuse to do. They continue to work on strong so I would be patient.
I did not mean that you compete with them or anything like that. I meant picking up their unfinished work since nobody else will, pretty sure they're open to any contributors. Most of the "current projects" listed on their site have been left that way since I can even remember. Both Romancing Saga 2 and Laplace No Ma were two examples of games that have been unfinished for basically the past decade but much of the work has already been done. Laplace No Ma for instance has a playable patch but most of the text is a mess and needs refining.

So if anything, I meant you could contact them and pick up where they left off if they have anything that you find interesting or doable. It seems every translator I come across is wasting his time translating garbage like Chinese Famicom pirates, Game Boy fishing games and such. But you seem to appreciate the finer things with all the Wizardry work you've done. I see you have your plate full though for a while to come.

Last edited by a moderator:

getter77

Augur
La Place has seen a fair bit of work done lately IIRC, just not yet at a stage of a new patch release. A-G's stuff may take awhile, relatively, but things tend to work out ultimately!

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron

I did not mean that you compete with them or anything like that. I meant picking up their unfinished work since nobody else will, pretty sure they're open to any contributors. Most of the "current projects" listed on their site have been left that way since I can even remember. Both Romancing Saga 2 and Laplace No Ma were two examples of games that have been unfinished for basically the past decade but much of the work has already been done. Laplace No Ma for instance has a playable patch but most of the text is a mess and needs refining.

So if anything, I meant you could contact them and pick up where they left off if they have anything that you find interesting or doable. It seems every translator I come across is wasting his time translating garbage like Chinese Famicom pirates, Game Boy fishing games and such. But you seem to appreciate the finer things with all the Wizardry work you've done. I see you have your plate full though for a while to come.

I am pretty sure Aeon Genesis has all intentions of finishing their projects, im sure you can ask Ghideon as he is on Twitter and also see what he is currently working on also. Another thing is most SNES games are ones I can't work on... Anything with font that has more than a value of 2 Hex numbers like 0001 0002, I wont touch with a stick as it entails so much harder work which I will not do every again (Example - Wizardry Gaiden IV).

In regards to translating fishing games, I just released one :D - http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2533/

Once in a while I like to take on simple projects when waiting for translations on my big ones, mainly because some of the people at GameFaqs or someone on YouTube may subtitle the whole or most of the game or provide background info sufficient enough to translate it which is great! A freebie simple project can be done :D

In regards to picking up projects I might help someone here and there with something simple but I have no plans on really picking up any projects until at least my top 3 on the list are complete or I might assist someone if waiting on translation stuff.

The thing with the Chinese ROM stuff is some people are able to do those projects because they may be easier or not as text involved but the Final Fantasy VII one that was just done based of a Chinese Bootleg came out real nice and took a while to get it to where its at with heavy code modification, graphics , more. - http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1657/

rainponcho

Literate
The translation is written well and playable. It is incomplete so spent quite a number of long months hacking this game further. Improving and polishing Mr. Richard's 0.952b patch. Use original Japan rom.
https://m.sendspace.com/file/cib7n8

Summary:
This is a more "complete" version of an already quality translation, and very playable now without fear of crash.

Very shortlog:
Menu expansion

Shortlog:
Inserts rest of town menus.
Expanded text where possible.
Gave script a proofread, cleaning up strings that crash game on certain events.
Combat message reordering.
Squishy tiles to fit gender, class, stats, enemy abilities (museum).
Added some basic untranslated text (guesswork).
Fixes a few original Japan bugs, mostly with text code formatting, cursors that don't move, or one instance of a dialog box not shutting down.
AgentOr is now Female.

There are some strings that either I clearly don't know what they mean. Or I'd like a "retranslation" to either expand it or clean up my own haphazard guesses.

Reincarnation is not tested, and I know there should be missing strings there.

Thank You to original team for high-quality work. Very surprised what you fit in those original tight space constraints, before any form of text expansion. Luckily this game has lots of free space in ROM so I could fit almost whatever I chose. This version is considered "mostly complete" on my end.

I'd suggest someone test it full-proper before even considering releasing it at RHDN. There were so many tiny little changes that it kept breaking hundreds of times. ;)

Although Wizardry Empire 1 GB should be very similar to this game, no plans right now to hack. My brain is completely burnt from Wiz post-release polishing.

Thanks again

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom