Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

deuxhero

Arcane
Plans for Aegis The First Mission translation by someone with track record of actually releasing stuff
https://steamcommunity.com/app/2850150/discussions/0/4365752248009691285/

There's already a translation for the main script (based on gameplay footage), and text insertion should be relatively easy since these games all use standardized text output, so I'd be very surprised if this one takes a while.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Some interesting translations that got missed over the past few months:
Madou Monogatari 2, which is allegedly an adventure game but looks more like a dungeon crawler. It's probably one of those weird games that plays like a RPG but doesn't have a lot of the commonly accepted RPG elements. It's the source of the Puyo Puyo series, and yes, the original game is also translated.
Silhouette Mirage, a cutesy platformer that seems pretty well made. Seems like it might be a metroidvania, judging by the PC's stats and how it's set up. Very nice soundtrack.
Seiryaku Simulation, a Japanese political sim set on another planet. Sounds like one of those games where it appeals to western sensibilities more than eastern ones.
The SNES port of Ultima: Savage Empire, though unfinished in vague ways. There's no readme file linked, but I suspect this uses the original script from somewhere else as a base.
Game Boy Wars, Advance Wars, but on the Game Boy.
Goemon games continue to be translated into English with Ooedo Daikaiten, a PSX platformer.
Jung Rhythm, the Saturn's answer to PaRappa the Rapper. Which probably limits its appeal here.
Golden Bonds, a Wii ARPG I've never heard of, looks pretty nice, but doesn't seem like it's a very standout title.

Jinn

Arcane
Golden Bonds, a Wii ARPG I've never heard of, looks pretty nice, but doesn't seem like it's a very standout title.
Funnily enough, this is the standout title in your list for me. What a strange, obscure game. After a little digging, I found out it was developed by a studio called Town Factory, which was founded by former Level-5 employees. As far as I can tell, this was the only game they released exclusively, and they apparently worked with Cing to release Little King Story. Color me intrigued. Does anyone know where to get a pre-patched version of this (Town Factory is no longer in business, so there should be no harm in asking).

flyingjohn

Arcane
Does anyone know where to get a pre-patched version of this
-Get Jap version
-Get English patch
-Unrar patch
-Copy riivolution and kizuna eng folders from the sd folder into your Dolphin load folder.
Dolphin load folder can be either found in your documents or appdata
-Open Dolphin and right click on the Jap version and click on start with riivolution patches
-Press start and enjoy da game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom