Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

laclongquan

Arcane
There's a few Chinks around here, and a few Chinese-literate players, but they couldnt recommend worthwhile games when we debated about whether Chinese and Korean game industry has any hidden gems that should be unearthed.

if I remember correctly, anyway.

Cool name

Arcane
I did play a few Korean games that normal people would deem to be cool or whatever: White day, war of genesis, magna carta, that kind of thingie. But then my cousins do take care to introduce me to Korean stuffies by means of thingies they are sure I will enjoy so I do not know how representative they are of the industry at large. They are not 'Codex compatible' in general but then who does really care about that?

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Magna Carta...I vaguely remember a translation of sorts and remember me playing it for a little while.
I kind of liked it and I'm not sure what happened when they went from that to Tears of Blood.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
The vast majority of Chinese games are just lower quality rehashes of the stuff that comes out of Japan. Seriously, there are very few that don't slavishly follow the Japanese model. Might as well just get the real thing instead.

I'm not going to say there couldn't be exceptions, but you'd have to wade through a ton of subpar stuff to find them. I couldn't be bothered to do that when there are so many better options available.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
We named Tales of Game's after the Tales series because they were the worst games we could think of.
Do you put the same amount of effort into development as you did into that thinking?

Far less. What little I saw of the stream made that very clear.

:troll:
hahaha.

We were goofing around but I wrote up an entire area design + monster designs + reviewed a guy's writing. It was a productive day.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
hahaha.

We were goofing around but I wrote up an entire area design + monster designs + reviewed a guy's writing. It was a productive day.

As long as Kunigunde remains in the game, I am willing to overlook your inefficient work habits.

deuxhero

Arcane
Anyone got some tutorials on hacking N64 roms? My knowledge of Japanese and Custom Robo should be enough to make a menu translation of the two n64 Custom Robo games (though I doubt I could pull off anything more than that) if I could figure out the hacking part, and the game already has full romaji support for text.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
A translation for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, a RPG for the SNES based on the manga of the same name, just got released. Looks almost like an adventure game with a first-person battle-system.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
12.png

:hmmm:

Ermm

Erudite

Updating Front Mission 2...

- March 28, 2013
Hello, fans! We apologize for the lack of communication over the past few months. The team has been very busy with real-life commitments and have had little time for other things. Anyways...
Due to the programming difficulties, we have decided to stop development of our Front Mission 2 project. The remaining 30% of the text reinsertion has proven to be more difficult than expected. We would need to invest a significant amount of time to crack the encryption, and none of us on the team have that kind of free time any more.
That being said, we will polish up the current patch and will release a new revision in the near future. Don't forget that the patch package includes a supplementary script for the remaining 30% of text, so you'll still be able to get the full story experience!

Ermm

Erudite
I wonder if some capable hacker group couldn't take over from there, and to finish the remaining 30%? It's not like I am saying that translation scene is full of such giveaway's, but c'mon, it's 30% left.

Gemini is also on a silent mode. His Devil Summoner and Echo Night 2 translations are not cancelled, only on a supposed ''limbo.''

Goddayum.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Guy that translated XTH Generation just posted this as "What's Next":

t4nNnTD.png

So, Sakura Wars? I'm not familiar with the series, anyone here has any intel?

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Sakura Wars (Yoneda Ikki is a character in one of them). I would've been a lot more excited for it a few years ago, before I played the sole title to have been released in English -- So Long, My Love for the PS2. Holy shit was that game horrible.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Sakura Wars is a very light TBS with "dating sim" elements. I don't know if it aged very well if you require your strategy games to be JA2 level but for people who just want a light strategy game to pass the time it works.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Seem like a big decline from translating XTH Generations, but I guess the guy have his own tastes.... really want him to finish the XTH Trilogy though.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Someone tell him to translate Crimson Empire. It would make an excellent LP after the Royal Trap

oscar

Arcane
Art style is a lot better than Royal Trap (that's not saying much).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom