Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Totally Not Corrupt Professional Objective Gaming Journalism DRAMA

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Haha, wtf.

Copy and pasting the url is just too hard man.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
37378323.jpg

Mentioning stealing and illegal and shit like this was just stupid. Should have kept it true and low for maximum justice (thus making the butthurt all the sweeter).

Regardless, what tossers.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Codex doesn't copy paste other people's news without attribution. Stealing has nothing to do with it.

... since the good ol' days of RPGDOT.COM ... your members even admit it freely:

The only thing RPGDot.com was good for was for VD to steal news from it.

link

Crap! Where will I steal news from now?

link

HiddenX, who never forgets something ... ;)

Roq

Educated
I like that he ignores the "I have brought it up privately in the past and was completely ignored" part and tells sea to settle the matter privately.

Who knows what happened in the past? There are two sides to every story and I strongly doubt that CP was aware of any previous communications on the issue (as Gorath has confirmed). Clearly, this minor issue would have been simply resolved by direct PMs between the parties in the present. Posting aggressively on an open thread as a first recourse is guaranteed to create unnecessary friction.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did you even read what I wrote

Yes, you are a thief that leaves an apology note after stealing :lol:

It's a distinction that makes all the difference.

That said, I don't see why anybody has to copy-paste text from a news aggregation site like GameBanshee at all. It's not like their analysis is anything special. The only time I copy-paste text from GameBanshee is when they get exclusive information or a press release or something.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
So, RPG Watch is trying to justify something bad by saying that RPG Codex also does it? And failing horribly at that? Tsc tsc... so much for the Lawful, Full-Time working son of RPGDOT... :roll:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yeah, the stupidity and circle-jerking of RPGWatch will never cease to amaze me. Not seeing the simple fact that all the shit was about attributing the source, whatever it was in this case and going all "Lol Codex steals articles too! Because some people joked about it somewhere in the past!".

Also, the whole butthurt of the Couchpotato going "I'm doing so much for you guys! Love me, love me long time!" and the Watchers responding with a typical for them "Yes yes, you are such a precious little snowflake, do not leave us, do not be sad!" is such a comedy gold of dicksucking.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fuck RPG Watch, fuck everyone who posts there, fuck HiddenX and fuck your fucking insolent passive aggressive smug-ass shit. GTFO.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
I'm collecting info where I want, when I want - project PRISM should be green with envy and I don't apologize for it.:D

Jasede - got up on the wrong side of bed, he ;)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Seriously fuck off.
I am not trolling; I literally hate you and your slimy trail of passive-aggressive whining and smug, snide grinning. I hate you and I hate your whole disgusting little RPG Watch clan and I literally hope your server crashes and burns.

You're worse than DraQ; at least I'd do DraQ.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Seriously fuck off.
I am not trolling; I literally hate you and your slimy trail of passive-aggressive whining and smug, snide grinning. I hate you and I hate your whole disgusting little RPG Watch clan and I literally hope your server crashes and burns.

You're worse than DraQ; at least I'd do DraQ.
Sorry, I don't hate you, I like side grinning ;) and it's your server that crashes regulary ...

PS:
If you are a real German - you march or drive by car - just for info :)

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Why all the anger? Can we not all just be friends? Granted, the RPGWatch community will be the kind of friends where you tell other people they're mentally challenged simply because it's less embarrassing than the truth. But at least we'll be friends. What do you say?

images

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
I refer to Codexers with this term: "Remote relatives which are a bit gaga..."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom