Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Totally Not Corrupt Professional Objective Gaming Journalism DRAMA

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
you and your slimy trail of passive-aggressive whining and smug, snide grinning.

This is the way RPG Watch partners typically insult their opponents. That way, you don't get banned on the Watch for being absolutely as big a dig as anyone from the Codex is, because it has less cussing. And cussing, as we know, is the root of all evil.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
uh-oh, sea

I doubt Gamebanshee has a copyright on that quoted text, just because they happen to have it earlier.

Told you not to use the "but its illegal i push my lawyers on you" attitude. You come off like one of those internet trolls threatening legal action because you got banned. Should have stuck to the core; them being fuckheads for not leaving "spotted at"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
uh-oh, sea

I doubt Gamebanshee has a copyright on that quoted text, just because they happen to have it earlier.

Told you not to use the "but its illegal i push my lawyers on you" attitude. You come off like one of those internet trolls threatening legal action because you got banned. Should have stuck to the core; them being fuckheads for not leaving "spotted at"

Bullshit - he thinks sea was talking about copied texts from other sites. What sea was referring to is GameBanshee's own little introductory text that they place before quoting an article from another site. That's what RPGWatch copied.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
you and your slimy trail of passive-aggressive whining and smug, snide grinning.

This is the way RPG Watch partners typically insult their opponents. That way, you don't get banned on the Watch for being absolutely as big a dig as anyone from the Codex is, because it has less cussing. And cussing, as we know, is the root of all evil.

I don't insult - that's lame.
I don't have "opponents" among regular Watchers.
I don't even a know a case of banning someone at the Watch.
I don't have a dick envy syndrome, like some Codexers.

Your trolling attempts were better in the past, Grunker - try again :)

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Bullshit - he thinks sea was talking about copied texts from other sites. What sea was referring to is GameBanshee's own little introductory text that they place before quoting an article from another site. That's what RPGWatch copied.

Trolls going the LAWFUL GOOD path, that's hilarious ... and translucent ... I need Popcorn ...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I don't insult - that's lame.

Being a smug, passive-aggressive cunt is as much an insult to anyone you're having a conversation with as calling them a cunt. For example:

Trolls going the LAWFUL GOOD path, that's hilarious ... and translucent ... I need Popcorn ...

You insult a solid argument by calling your opponent and troll, and laughs at his words by saying his hilarious. But OH NO, you don't INSULT people. That's LAME, right?

The difference between The Codex and The Watch isn't that the Codex are bigger cunts, but that we're honest about it.

uh-oh, sea

Yes, I know. I just don't see any reason to cry "OMG COPYRIGHT ILLEGAL!" That's just shooting yourself in the foot from the outset. As if there will be legal action from GB over that shit.

Should have kept it to the core - they copy/paste, they give credit.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The difference between The Codex and The Watch isn't that the Codex are bigger cunts, but that we're honest about it.

Is this supposed to be an endorsement of the Codex?

It's supposed to be what it is. A comment that RPG Watch, or at least Holier-Than-Thou posters like HiddenX, are bathed in flood of urine-smelling hypocrisy. Holier-Than-Thou "don't insult or cause grief to your fellows" on one hand, dismissing arguments as "hilarious trolls" and calling their opponents "children" on the other.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RPGWatch: Calls Eric Schwarz a troll, lets crpgnut and AppleIntimidation roam free :lol:

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
AppleIntimidation - is a Codex bot or a V2 type weapon.

We llive in peace with FretRider and ManWhoJaped, too. No Problem!

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I literally cannot believe people can't tell the difference between copy-pasting the accompanying color text in a news story and reporting on the same story. Is this deliberate ignorance or just a miscommunication?

It's also funny how this drama has spiraled far out of control, far beyond what I anticipated with almost no further input from me. Guess games journalism really is serious business.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Gotta admire a troll who spends his Sunday trolling a forum because his users got called out on plagiarism.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's also funny how this drama has spiraled far out of control, far beyond what I anticipated with almost no further input from me.

Although I agree with you on everything else, you made the legal threats. Acting all innocent after that is pretty fucked up.

Guess games journalism really is serious business.

Legal threats are serious business when they don't come from retarded trolls.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
There really was no legal threat per se, Sea just stated a fact that this kind of plagiarism is illegal. There was no mention of any action that he will/may/could take etc.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Perhaps I've dealt with too much crap in the past - like people stealing my articles wholesale, claiming they drew pictures I made in high school, or selling detailed game maps I produced through hundreds of hours of work only to tell me to fuck off when I alerted them to the fact that they were profiting from my work without providing any credit or royalty.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Should have kept it to the core:

sea trolled and he failed miserably.
If he trolled it is a great success: two butthurt threads going on, denying of legal culpability all around, Myrthos descending from his throne to renounce his opponents as liars and cheats, sea playing innocent, Codex raging about passive agressiveness and train tickets being bought. Good show.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
If he trolled it is a great success: two butthurt threads going on, denying of legal culpability all around, Myrthos descending from his throne to renounce his opponents as liars and cheats, sea playing innocent, Codex raging about passive agressiveness and train tickets being bought. Good show.

No good show - just a normal day on the Codex ... Watchers are simply not used to it.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
lemme see if i get it straight. gb discovered some news and linked to it with their own flavor text, couchpotato, being a lazy twat, copied their article without marking it as a quote, effectively selling said flavour as his own brainfart, sea got understandably pissed at this and you people think he's trolling?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom