Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Caim

Arcane
It raises quite a few questions. Why advertise the change? What sort of autist sees a randomly generated High Elf name and goes "DAS A NADZEE REEEEE" enough to get CA to change it?
A quick search gets me a post on the Steam forums that dates back to less than 2 months after the release of Total Warhammer 2.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/594570/discussions/0/3183345000080683183/

But I also found this name from a short adventure from a 2nd edition Warhammer Fantasy RPG supplement from 20 years ago:

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Isolde_Guderian

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Priorities

an-abominable-name-ugh-did-i-miss-something-v0-rg0fqkg58dpc1.jpeg
I hope nobody tells them who Heinrich Kemmler was named after...
IF I recall correctly, he's ctually not named after Himmler, but after an "actual" German sorcerer from the 15th or 16th century.

9ted6

Educated
Priorities

an-abominable-name-ugh-did-i-miss-something-v0-rg0fqkg58dpc1.jpeg
I hope nobody tells them who Heinrich Kemmler was named after...
IF I recall correctly, he's ctually not named after Himmler, but after an "actual" German sorcerer from the 15th or 16th century.
The claim is that he was named after a German inquisitor whose last name wasn't at all similar and who had nothing in common with the crazy murdering wizard Kemmler is supposed to be.

Heinrich Kemmler sounds like Heinrich Himmler and I think it's simple as that.

pickmeister

Learned
The "Shadows of Change 2.0" marketing gimmick and the patch that came with it has only shown that they don't care about fixing the game and making it good. Just stuff it with more sparkly, Disney-esque shite so inbred mouthbreathing retards buy it. Which they don't.

They drove away Total War fans by refusing (or being incapable) to fix the game and now even Warhammer fans have to look hard for reasons to stick around since CA (and GW) keep wiping their corporate asses with established lore.
It's especially mind boggling considering how well everything was going for them during late Warhammer 2 days and they decided to shit on all of that. I can't find a better example of fucking up this hard in the whole gaming industry.

I have to agree with Fedora bro. I hope they slowly die of ass cancer while being repeatedly raped by a pack of blue whales.

Jeskis

Brother
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I mean, it’s just speculations from a ‘youtuber’. Would have been a huge incline tho.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The claim is that he was named after a German inquisitor whose last name wasn't at all similar and who had nothing in common with the crazy murdering wizard Kemmler is supposed to be.
He's named after Heinrich Kramer who wrote the Malleus Maleficarum, a book (considered to be the #1 authority on the topic for almost two full centuries, at that) that is quite literally about hunting down, interrogating, torturing, and killing witches. Certainly more plausible than thinking it has anything to do with Himmler.

9ted6

Educated
According to Legend, a Thrones of Decay flop could result in the end of CA and there won't be many DLCs anyway (six or less) because the devs want to move on to Warhammer40k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHquQk1gUM0

Maybe Warhammer's just bad. Fantasy got axed, every edition of 40k's been hated for balancing and Age of Sigmar's a joke.

I don't see the appeal. The tabletop rules and army balance, the model designs, the lore, the pricing and all the scummy things Games Workshop does, it's all shit that so many people talk about hating but here we are with failed Warhammer games and shitty rulesets continuing to get pumped out.

Now we're supposed to expect the studio that can barely get by who just lost millions on a garbage woke FPS that didn't even make it to the alpha stage is going to take the TW formula and use it for 40k and enough people will still eat it up.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Warhammer is just too bloated at this point, but there's good stuff in it to make something coherent and fun. They aren't doing that, however.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
CA are probably to big for UK to let them just dissolve. More like they will slowly across 5-10 years put some broken Total War games and refocus on other projects to end up as mobile developer.

It is quite amusing that kislev just got a tier 0 unit that beats empire halberdiers. They could definitely use a few buffs and the empire mechanics could have more reward as opposed to just punishment

SmartCheetah

Arcane
According to Legend, a Thrones of Decay flop could result in the end of CA and there won't be many DLCs anyway (six or less) because the devs want to move on to Warhammer40k.

Maybe Warhammer's just bad. Fantasy got axed, every edition of 40k's been hated for balancing and Age of Sigmar's a joke.

I don't see the appeal. The tabletop rules and army balance, the model designs, the lore, the pricing and all the scummy things Games Workshop does, it's all shit that so many people talk about hating but here we are with failed Warhammer games and shitty rulesets continuing to get pumped out.

Now we're supposed to expect the studio that can barely get by who just lost millions on a garbage woke FPS that didn't even make it to the alpha stage is going to take the TW formula and use it for 40k and enough people will still eat it up.

I wouldn't say it's bad. Various Warhammer worlds are actually pretty good and catchy for a lot of nerds. Games Workshop, on the other hand - is bad. Still - Nothing surprising here, I guess. They are huge company that just wants to earn more and more money on their cash cow. Company that evolved from small garage business to the biggest miniature manufacturer out there.

- Fantasy got axed, but they listened to the fans (or just saw opportunity to earn more money on old sculpts) and revived it in form of Old World. And Old World is doing pretty fine currently (Hopefully, they will balance it with more army books)
- Warhammer Fantasy Role Play got licensed to C7 and they are doing really good job at that. So they have pretty strong RPG presence in that case. There are several other systems (for 40k, and for AoS) which are supposedly good - I won't comment on that because I havent tried any of those.
- 40k balance was super rough in earlier editions, but currently it isn't that bad. Actually, most of the factions are hanging in those 45-55% Win rate brackets, which is really good considering how many factions and how many different models there are. GW is actually doing pretty good job with the rules, for a change. So yeah - in case of 40k - IMO it's getting much better. And I'm not talking out of my ass because I'm actively playing and also enjoying the hobby side of things.
- Age of Sigmar lore is a joke - I'd agree. Mostly because I was raised on Warhammer Fantasy Role Play and AoS was supposed to be a product that will sell to kids who like "epic" shit and don't care about grimdark fantasy. And GW was right - it sold super well and keeps doing that. Rulewise - AoS is really slick, and the designers/balance dudes are doing much better job than 40k balance team. It looks like they really care about the game and what people have to say. AoS also have better sculptors than 40k - or they were given more creative freedom by GW. Seriously, some AoS miniatures are really great in comparison to another boring space marine lieutenants or really uninspired things they keep releasing for 40k.
- While pricing sucks and they are TERRIBLE company that tries to monetize everything, at least they've listened to people for once, and we get free rules for our factions on start of new edition.
- GW war against 3d printing and 3d printers in general is funny. A lot of people say it's a lost cause and sooner or later GW will have to adapt in some way.
- They are selling the IP to virtually any game developer that can bring them some additional cash. There are tons of terrible Warhammer games even on mobile. They don't give a shit as long as developers consult lore with GW "curators'.

A lot of people are whining about Warhammer - and they are right at times. Still, even more people are enjoying those games/miniatures for various reasons. GW is the biggest company on the scene, so they are also getting the most of bad rep and hate for basicly everything.

CA problems are just CA problems. It has nothing to do with Warhammer. Actually, releasing 40k stuff or more DLC's might keep them floating for a while longer. At the same time - CA has shown us already that they are experts in making bad decisions. Even greedy GW wont help them with overcoming that.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

I wouldn't say it's bad. Various Warhammer worlds are actually pretty good and catchy for a lot of nerds. Games Workshop, on the other hand - is bad. Still - Nothing surprising here, I guess. They are huge company that just wants to earn more and more money on their cash cow. Company that evolved from small garage business to the biggest miniature manufacturer out there.

- Fantasy got axed, but they listened to the fans (or just saw opportunity to earn more money on old sculpts) and revived it in form of Old World. And Old World is doing pretty fine currently (Hopefully, they will balance it with more army books)
- Warhammer Fantasy Role Play got licensed to C7 and they are doing really good job at that. So they have pretty strong RPG presence in that case. There are several other systems (for 40k, and for AoS) which are supposedly good - I won't comment on that because I havent tried any of those.
- 40k balance was super rough in earlier editions, but currently it isn't that bad. Actually, most of the factions are hanging in those 45-55% Win rate brackets, which is really good considering how many factions and how many different models there are. GW is actually doing pretty good job with the rules, for a change. So yeah - in case of 40k - IMO it's getting much better. And I'm not talking out of my ass because I'm actively playing and also enjoying the hobby side of things.
- Age of Sigmar lore is a joke - I'd agree. Mostly because I was raised on Warhammer Fantasy Role Play and AoS was supposed to be a product that will sell to kids who like "epic" shit and don't care about grimdark fantasy. And GW was right - it sold super well and keeps doing that. Rulewise - AoS is really slick, and the designers/balance dudes are doing much better job than 40k balance team. It looks like they really care about the game and what people have to say. AoS also have better sculptors than 40k - or they were given more creative freedom by GW. Seriously, some AoS miniatures are really great in comparison to another boring space marine lieutenants or really uninspired things they keep releasing for 40k.
- While pricing sucks and they are TERRIBLE company that tries to monetize everything, at least they've listened to people for once, and we get free rules for our factions on start of new edition.
- GW war against 3d printing and 3d printers in general is funny. A lot of people say it's a lost cause and sooner or later GW will have to adapt in some way.
- They are selling the IP to virtually any game developer that can bring them some additional cash. There are tons of terrible Warhammer games even on mobile. They don't give a shit as long as developers consult lore with GW "curators'.

A lot of people are whining about Warhammer - and they are right at times. Still, even more people are enjoying those games/miniatures for various reasons. GW is the biggest company on the scene, so they are also getting the most of bad rep and hate for basicly everything.

CA problems are just CA problems. It has nothing to do with Warhammer. Actually, releasing 40k stuff or more DLC's might keep them floating for a while longer. At the same time - CA has shown us already that they are experts in making bad decisions. Even greedy GW wont help them with overcoming that.

Not really, GW won't ever allow 3d printed models into their shops, and that's where the majority of people play their game. Golden Demon is the painting competition they all want to win, so that side of the hobby naturally gravitates to GW products etc, etc.

I have two resin printers. It's a filthy, toxic, a pain in the arse and potentially flammable as fuck if you use IPA. (and you should be)
The 'water washable' shit is legislation ready and waiting when increasingly more retards start pouring that shit down their drains.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Fucking 3d printes AND consumables are cheaper than a team of GW minis. There are clubs that especially shun GW and spit on "no 3-d" policies and peopleare generally happy there.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
https://community.creative-assembly.com/total-war/total-war-warhammer/blogs/8
As announced last year, Thrones of Decay welcomes all-new content for the Empire, Dwarfs and Nurgle, and we’re happy to reveal that each faction's new content will be available to purchase either as a bundle, or on an individual basis i.e. if you only want to play as the Empire, you can buy this section of the DLC as a standalone purchase rather than having to buy everything, allowing you to pick and choose what you want to play. Here's how it'll work:
  • Thrones of Decay will be available to buy as a complete bundle at a discounted rate of $22.92/£19.10/€22.92.
  • Each individual pack will be available to purchase for $8.99/£7.49/€8.99 per pack.
  • If you purchase the packs individually on Steam, you’ll receive a 15% discount on the remaining packs when you complete your collection.
DLC reveal next week.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom