Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

WH2 AI confederated like mad as time passed on and especially if the player was very strong. Not sure why they removed this in WH3. You'll notice that greenskins are often very strong and that's because they will force-confederate other greenskins all the time (also waaghs of course)

std::namespace

People can't be passionate anymore without being called incel filth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
things to be passionate about need to have "moral" value and meaning
KBgGPOv.png

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

They should really improve the AI in the campaign map to offer different challenges.
I don't think this is possible even in a perfect case scenario if everything else in the game stays the way it is. What could be done without changing the game from the ground up is to have different scripted campaigns for each LL. Pure sandbox isn't going to work beyond the first 15 turns or so to provide a challenge.
It can work if they forsake this "free movement" 3D shit.

The AI is simply defficient in it. Making the game back to map based movement like in Medieval 1 would make campaign much more manageable for the AI

9ted6

Educated
Picked this up to scratch a recent fantasy Total War itch.

Mods fix alot of the issues I have and it seems like the devs have learned their lesson after that retarded failure of a woke FPS. Looks like they're working on Total War more again.

The battle AI's the best in any Total War I've played and it's great that you can play on Very Hard but disable its stat buffs. It rarely does anything stupid in my experience and uses its cav well most of the time

Campaign AI's not great but mods mostly patch it up.

Units are cool and varied but there are some definite imbalances, fixable with mods.

Loading screen quotes and lore are mostly cringe. I think Warhammer prose is general garbage though so that's just me. Good audio design and beautiful visuals especially with mods to restore TWWH1's look.

Big recommend for the two custom campaign mods on the workshop, amazing and somehow much better than the vanilla IE.

Pretty fun with mods/10 for me.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Picked this up to scratch a recent fantasy Total War itch.

Mods fix alot of the issues I have and it seems like the devs have learned their lesson after that retarded failure of a woke FPS. Looks like they're working on Total War more again.

The battle AI's the best in any Total War I've played and it's great that you can play on Very Hard but disable its stat buffs. It rarely does anything stupid in my experience and uses its cav well most of the time

Campaign AI's not great but mods mostly patch it up.

Units are cool and varied but there are some definite imbalances, fixable with mods.

Loading screen quotes and lore are mostly cringe. I think Warhammer prose is general garbage though so that's just me. Good audio design and beautiful visuals especially with mods to restore TWWH1's look.

Big recommend for the two custom campaign mods on the workshop, amazing and somehow much better than the vanilla IE.

Pretty fun with mods/10 for me.
Multiplayer is also super fun, if you have someone to play with. I'm speaking about both campaign and competetive scene (there are several groups who organize tournaments on a daily/weekly basis)

9ted6

Educated
Played it long enough and now I see what the hate's about. There's so much unbalanced shit and going in and modding all of it would be a chore.

Most units are either too strong or too weak with no in betweens. Best you can do is get overhauls like Radious or SFO but those make the balance even worse in some areas, and there are almost no active rebalance mods that aren't total overhauls.
There's so much wrong with every aspect and almost every faction that it will take a dedicated team years to get anywhere.

kris

Arcane
I play this game to much...

- the new Greenskin Waagh mechanic is to powerful in a human hand, you will have an almost eternal waagh going which means you have double the armies of your opponents.
- Ogres are the most worthless faction in the hands of the AI. the Ogres are strong, but ranged rape them and the Ogre AI never bother to attack your ranged units. Even an army of only Goblin spears and goblin archers rape a strong Ogre army.
- Can't find the mod for strenghtening chosen factions, it is pretty underwhelming when you play order faction and they are winning all over the map.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
- Can't find the mod for strenghtening chosen factions, it is pretty underwhelming when you play order faction and they are winning all over the map.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2853974146

What it did is increase the potential of the chosen faction so win Auto Resolve more and thus can grow. You can randomize or just do it one by one.

You can give some random AI minor faction a +4 and see it steamrolls everybody

9ted6

Educated
I take back what I said about the battle AI being smart mostly, I think it's just an illusion of intelligence because the AI doesn't have to follow any of the same rules the player does.

Notice how the AI can always cycle charge, withdraw and move around your units perfectly whereas if you try to move your cavalry away after a charge, it's like they're glued to the enemy formation. And if even one single model is attacking them they refuse to withdraw and keep coming back. The mass and collision rules don't apply to the AI and so it can wade through your units like water while theirs are superglue.

Campaign's not much better. Obviously the AI needs some buffs to keep up but I was surprised just how extreme the buffs are after looking in the game files. The AI gets 3x your base recruitment capacity, 25% cheaper research and almost 50% base resistance to attrition on Easy difficulty. Even if you reduce those most AI buffs are now handled by something called faction potentials and changing them requires extensive editing of numbers that aren't explained anywhere.

It's no wonder the objectively best strat for everything but wood elves is a static gun line. It's a Total War tower defense game and there's no point in anything but cheese because the AI's too dumb to abide by any of the same parameters as the player so why even bother getting good? Even MP revolves around cheesing whichever broken units are popular.

Fundamentally broken game.

9ted6

Educated
I knew they were woke but I didn't expect them to get this aggressive about it.

Isn't the whole Empire faction Germanic? Are they going to nuke it from the game next?

Caim

Arcane
And before you think there was a Secret Hitler in the game somewhere, it was "Guderian"
Heinz Guderian was big on tanks, chummy with the Fuhrer, was in charge of a panzer force during Barbarossa, and while he was involved with the Commissar Order, kangaroo courts and defended the happenings of the war he was never charged with anything and was released without facing trial. He spent the decade after the war writing about the war, including the best-seller Panzer Leader, which is not entirely truthful.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It raises quite a few questions. Why advertise the change? What sort of autist sees a randomly generated High Elf name and goes "DAS A NADZEE REEEEE" enough to get CA to change it?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It raises quite a few questions. Why advertise the change? What sort of autist sees a randomly generated High Elf name and goes "DAS A NADZEE REEEEE" enough to get CA to change it?
Probably some special snowflake complained about it via official channels ( twitter or other social media stuff) so they had to advertise it. Noone probably tought it till now, so that lunatic made it visable to everyone at the least :lol:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Didn't we use to write something like "any similarities to real world events or people are entirely coincidental" for exactly this purpose?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom