Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Thievan in the Night - an Age of Decadence demo tale

Hellraiser

Arcane
Thievan in the night: an Age of Decadence demo tale

Index of Thievan!

Chapter I

I'm a Georgian not a Lithuanian you motherfucker!

First a video for all those of you who do not yet know what Age of Decadence is:

Now that you have been enlightened it is time for the prestigious LP itself.

Thievan1-001.jpg

We start at the character creation screen. After picking the thief background AoD allocates stats for us. We are however free to redistribute them. Backgrounds affect our starting reputation which cuts off or pisses off certain quest paths/factions, drifter is the neutral one.

Thievan1-002.jpg

And thus our "hero" is created. Liberal, born of Georgian soil, skilled in the art of THIEVAN IN THE NIGHT! Obviously Liberal does not believe in the cultural "lie" called etiquette.

As for the stat picks the justification is rather simple. CHA is useless on a thief, CON is the dump stat even on a pure combat character (at least in the demo, in the full game it will give poison damage reduction and allow safe exploration of toxic locations), I didn't bother with having more than 6 for the 40 HP. Armor and dodge or block are your primary defense in AOD rather than pure HPs, which by the way do not increase. INT is godlike because we need faster SP gain in the limited quest content of the demo.

A dumb thief is a dead thief anyway. PER is quite good because it is often used in the Iron Tower Ultimate Action System(tm). Also it provides a universal bonus to accuracy, which will make up for Liberal's crappy initial bow skill. Not to mention the ranged weapon range bonus it provides. Taking more than 6 STR is dumb period, the bonus damage isn't really worth it. Now if it gave you bonus armor penetration, that would be great.

Thievan1-003.jpg

The following loading screen disappears too fast to actually read all that. As you can see the world of AoD is not that different from Georgia after its war with Russia. Liberal should feel right at home. :M

Thievan1-004.jpg

Thievan1-005.jpg

Thievan1-006.jpg

liberal.jpg
: My skills are an honored family tradition you fucking asshole! I deserve all the loot *I* bring back. You should pay *me* for being in this fucking thievan gay circle-jerk of yours.

Thievan1-007.jpg

liberal.jpg
: Well fuck you!

Thievan1-008.jpg

Thievan1-009.jpg

Thievan1-010.jpg

Replace the sea with mountains and that description definitely matches Russians.

liberal.jpg
: It is time for some thievan, in the night.

:yeah:

Thievan1-011.jpg

We encounter the patented stealth portion of the Iron Tower Ultimate Action System(tm). Don't be fooled by the screenshots, it may look like it is fully dialog based but in fact lots of awesome is happening. You just have to close your eyes and IMMERSE yourself in the thievan.

Sneakan is thievan therefore Liberal picks that. Odds are he would succeed the DEX check but it is not thievan enough. As you can see, even throwing is an important skill in the Iron Tower Ultimate Action System(tm).

Thievan1-012.jpg

liberal.jpg
: These fuckers would remain oblivious even to the sound of shells in the night.

Thievan1-013.jpg

The lockpick minigame of the Iron Tower Ultimate Action System(tm) is as sophisticated as the sneaking segment. I press the "1" key and hope Liberal's lockpickan skill has been sufficiently inclined during character creation.

Thievan1-014.jpg

liberal.jpg
: No doubt another crooked Russian trader trying to rape the Georgian motherland of its precious resources, like manganese ore. I will redistribute his wealth to the needy.

Thievan1-015.jpg

DOUBLE SUCCESS! I can feel the AWESOME flowing all over me.At any rate the trader will soon be killed by an assassin lithuanian hitman. If you pick the assassin hitman background you are the guy who kills him. If you pick a merc you can kill the assassin but only after he kills the trader. Oh and the hitman is a tough son of a bitch so fighting him is unwise. He even tells you that he only got paid to kill one so he just lets the merc go. A drifter is renting a room next door and arrives at the scene after the assassination. Meanwhile our thievan gets the fuck out before the hitman arrives.

Thievan1-016.jpg

We have the option of keeping the valuables. However Cado will bitch that we did a shit job by bringing in so little. If we give him all of the trader's possessions he rewards us with AWESOME.

Thievan1-017.jpg

Awesome in the form of :incline: of lockpickan. Liberal derps around a bit to let you bros know the Teron 40 Thievan Guild better.

Thievan1-019.jpg

Thievan1-020.jpg

Time to :incline: Liberal's thievan and archeran. Bows, dodge and maybe critical strike (after Liberal has sufficient thievan) will be his only combat skills.

Thievan1-023.jpg

Liberal puts a rag hood on his head to look more thievan. It adds to the IMMERSHUN. Also we talk and buy some crap from the thievan guild's vendor. Surprisingly the hitman guild does not have a vendor, they do have an alchemist though.

Thievan1-024.jpg

Thievan1-025.jpg

Thievan1-026.jpg

Thievan1-028.jpg

Thievan1-029.jpg

Thievan1-030.jpg

For maximum thievan a longbow is bought along with 3 different kinds of arrows. One for unarmored plebs, one for armored tough motherfuckers and barbed arrows which rip apart flesh for the Russians. Because that's what they deserve for shelling Georgia.

Crossbows are a better weapon due to their special effect which is knock-back. But liberal is going thievan and crossbows are for hitmen. I pick a longbow because more damage=less mitigated by DR. I think. At any rate his battle tactics will be cripple the enemy's legs (and headshot if the enemy is crippled)>use remaining AP to run away>end turn.

Thievan1-035.jpg

Thievan1-036.jpg

Thievan1-037.jpg

This is Liberal's gear, I forgot to buy Liberal a studded leather armor. He'll visit the Commercium's vendor and get one in the next update.

Thievan1-038.jpg

Thievan1-039.jpg

Thievan1-040.jpg

Thievan1-041.jpg

Thievan1-042.jpg

Thievan1-043.jpg

Thievan1-044.jpg

Thievan1-045.jpg

Thievan1-046.jpg

liberal.jpg
: Hammers? Fucking hammers?! What kind of fucking thief are you, you asswhipe?!

Continued in next post...

Hellraiser

Arcane
Thievan1-047.jpg

Thievan1-048.jpg

Thievan1-048.jpg

Thievan1-049.jpg

liberal.jpg
: [intelligence] A cheap Russian trick. I saw through it even before you showed me the ball.

Thievan1-050.jpg

The dagger is a crafted weapon. Crafting is a necessary stat on any serious combat character, it allows you to make armors with superior damage resistance and lower penalties to sneaking, dodge etc. Which is the only thing preventing a typical warrior from dying even before his turn starts in a bigger fight.

Crafted weapons not only deal more raw damage but also get armor penetration which makes it actually possible to kill some of the heavy armored opponents. You deal shit damage without it. You need a crafting level of 50 to apply both hardened edge (ignores some DR) and masterwork (adds damage) to a crafted weapon.

As a thievan though Liberal won't be seeing much melee combat and you can't craft bows in the demo. He won't need more than his generic longbow to finish this demo as you will see in an update or three.

Thievan1-051.jpg

Thievan1-052.jpg

From the outside of the totally not suspicious tavern housing a totally not thievan guild we can walk to Feng's. Or I can press M and use FAST TRAVEL. AoD has all the nextgen features RPG masterpieces like Skyrim have.

:troll:

Thievan1-053.jpg

Liberal gets instantly teleported using the patented ÜBERSTURMFÜHRER TELEPORTATION SYSTEM(tm). At least Liberal didn't end up within melee range of two armored and armed guards that want to kill him. :smug:

Thievan1-054.jpg

Thievan1-055.jpg

Feng comes from a not-China kingdom that was or wasn't part of the not-Roman Empire in AoD. He's also a conman peddling crap to morons. If you pick the loremaster background you are his apprentice and you learn more of his "legitimate" artifacts and business practices.

Thievan1-056.jpg

Thievan1-057.jpg

This is the only time I intend to pay him.

Thievan1-058.jpg

Thievan1-059.jpg

liberal.jpg
: You are not getting any more of my fucking hard earned money Feng.

Thievan1-060.jpg

liberal.jpg
: I'm a Georgian not a Lithuanian you motherfucker! Still, as a thievan I require more money.

Thievan1-061.jpg

As a hitman you can convince him to pay you 75 because the hitman guild takes at least 100 for such work. The AoD demo is full of such :obviously: situational hidden checks which add to replayability.

Thievan1-062.jpg

Thievan1-063.jpg

Hard earned SP are distributed into archeran and trapan. Trapan is obviously a thievan skill, Liberal will need it if he is to survive until the end of the demo. Not to mention for some other things :smug:

Thievan1-064.jpg

Thievan1-065.jpg

ÜBERSTURMFÜHRER TELEPORTATION SYSTEM(tm): Sie sind im Gasthaus angekommen! Ein volk, ein Kodex, ein Übersturmführer!

Thievan1-066.jpg

Thievan1-067.jpg

First I bore you with more screenshots featuring lore and backstory. Good thing I'm too lazy to type all this shit myself.

Thievan1-068.jpg

Thievan1-069.jpg

Thievan1-070.jpg

Thievan1-071.jpg

Thievan1-072.jpg

Thievan1-073.jpg

Wait so the most learned of magi in not-Rome was a raghead? :decline: of the übersturmfuhrer.

Thievan1-074.jpg

Thievan1-075.jpg

Thievan1-076.jpg

Thievan1-077.jpg

Thievan1-078.jpg

Thievan1-079.jpg

Liberal picks option 3).

Thievan1-080.jpg

Thievan1-081.jpg

Thievan1-082.jpg

Thievan1-083.jpg

Thievan1-084.jpg

Thievan1-085.jpg

This INT check does not provide Liberal with any bonus SP. It will however enrich your understanding of AoD lore :obviously:.

Thievan1-086.jpg

Thievan1-087.jpg

Thievan1-088.jpg

Thievan1-089.jpg

Thievan1-091.jpg

liberal.jpg
: It is time to engage in the national Lithuanian pastime of assassination and murder.

Thievan1-092.jpg

Leading him to Antidas will most likely be more rewarding in the full game since he teaches you how to use better crafting materials or something. In the demo however you already know that crap for convenience's sake.

Oh and if you double cross Feng by not killing Cassius you lose 1 point in Word of Honor. This reflects how honorable the PC is obviously. I didn't see a word of honor check in the demo but they no doubt will be included in the full game. I think.

Thievan1-093.jpg

Liberal picks streetwise...

Thievan1-094.jpg

...to remind himself that he knows jack shit about the streets.

Streetwise is arguably the 2nd most useful diplomatic skill after persuasion in the demo. They are commonly used together in "combo" checks.

Critical strike, which improves your chance to do critical hits, is also used to instantly kill people in the Iron Tower Ultimate Action System(tm). You press a button and something AWESOME happens, provided you pass the check.

It is an extremely useful skill for hitmen, they can use it during sneaking sequences to kill guards for example.

I pick fightan! Liberal's combat cherry will now be popped and it *will* hurt :smug:. Also I need to do my part in the nextgen :decline: by posting a VIDEO from JEWTUBE featuring the MAJESTIC battle:

I recommend watching it in full screen size because the embedded size cuts off some of the prestigious :obviously: text commentary.

You can also just scroll down and view the sparse screenshots from the fight. It is not as immersive though and features less commentary. But it's for all you bros who have shitty connections with dumb bandwidth caps like 8 GB monthly.

In before whining about the quality, music used or commentary in the video. :rpgcodex:

Thievan1-095.jpg

Thievan1-096.jpg

liberal.jpg
: A fucking headshot! Fuck yeah!

Thievan1-097.jpg

No skyrim meme here bros, move along.

Thievan1-098.jpg

Thievan1-099.jpg

Liberal is no longer a combat virgin. He also survived the first fight, retards cannot into AoD combat :smug:

Thievan1-100.jpg

liberal.jpg
: I will redistribute your wealth and buy much potato with it!

Thievan1-101.jpg

ÜBERSTURMFÜHRER TELEPORTATION SYSTEM(tm): Sie sind im Feng haus angekommen! Heil Weller!

Thievan1-102.jpg

liberal.jpg
: Tell me all you fucking know about that raghead.

Thievan1-103.jpg

liberal.jpg
: I said tell me *all* you know motherfucker!

Thievan1-104.jpg

Thievan1-105.jpg

Thievan1-107.jpg

liberal.jpg
: I'm not buying your fucking fake crap Feng.

Yes the ring is a fake.

Thievan1-108.jpg

Thievan1-109.jpg

:incline: of Liberal's trapan, as you see can he gained 1 word of honor and 1 body count. You can use the latter for intimidation, provided you killed enough people to intimidate the other guy. A really nice idea IMO.

That is it for Chapter I, god damn I doubt I'll ever LP the actual full game. Too many fucking screenshots bros. ETA for next chapter is undefined.

Chapter II will feature thievan in the daylight, acts of charity and gratuitous use of INT and PER in the Iron Tower Ultimate Action System(tm).

Emily

Arcane
Nice LP!!
Will you engage in serious combat at some point, or just go full sneaky sneaky? : D

Hellraiser

Arcane
Disguise is for faggots and there is at least one TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID COMBAT part. Also I plan on doing one entirely optional and not so easy fight.

:rage:

Forgot to add a certain video to the beginning of this topic.

EDIT: Fixed now. You cannot have an AoD (demo) LP without felipepepe's MAJESTIC AoD incline trailer.

:bro:

Esquilax

Arcane
Bah, playing a PC as Liberal is such a waste. LARP as Garrett! This is the stat distribution:

STR - 5 (Garrett can barely hold that fucking sword he swings)
DEX - 9 (Fluid, almost preternatural grace)
CON - 4 (Have you played Thief on Expert? Garrett dies in like two sword whacks)
PER - 7 (He had an eye gouged out by The Trickster, but his new mechanical spare is quite a nice replacement)
INT - 8 (His cunning is almost as much of an asset as his quickness)
CHA - 7 (Hard to forget Garret's cynical one-liners and awesome VO. If there were enough points to spare, this would be at 10)

Hellraiser

Arcane
Bro as :incline: as Garret is, it is a proud LPdex tradition to LARP (in)famous codexians. From the goatfucking Andhaira of Baluchistan to Paul Thomerson searching for the wunderwaffe in Cassidy's FO2 ironman LP one cannot refuse to use a distinguished codexian in his LP.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
Disguise is awesome for thievan in the daylight. Steal + disguise gives some really cool options.

This LP is very much :incline:.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Nice LP!!
Will you engage in serious combat at some point, or just go full sneaky sneaky? : D
He will be forced to engage in serious combat sooner or later in the thieves guild quest line, even if it isn't very logical to do so. :P

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Ah, a shame you're not taking disguise, since it's perfect for a completely non-combat thief and very prestigious... But Liberal could never into making alts, so I understand your deep roleplaying dedication.

Taking more than 6 STR is dumb period, the bonus damage isn't really worth it. Now if it gave you bonus armor penetration, that would be great.
Uhm... A minor clarification if you don't mind: for melee weapons extra damage from Str = extra armor penetration, no? So what you said only applies to ranged weapons...

Oh and if you double cross Feng by not killing Cassius you lose 1 point in Word of Honor. This reflects how honorable the PC is obviously. I didn't see a word of honor check in the demo but they no doubt will be included in the full game. I think.
Aemolas gives you that "find the gold" quest if you have 1 Word of Honor, but it can't be completed in the demo... So yeah, not included for all practical purposes.

Hellraiser

Arcane
IT IS TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID COMBAT AS LIBERAL IN THE AOD DEMO. Well that and doing an entirely non-combat LP would be pretty boring. Thievan and fightan need to be in equilibrium. At any rate I want to show that the combat encounters the thief quest line forces you into aren't really that hard as the dumbfucks whining would lead you to believe, even if you focus primarily on thievan skills. You just have to be smart about it and let the NPCs get stabbed/maimed while you blot out the sun with bolts/arrows/pilums(sp?)/handoxes from a safe distance. If you want to fight anyone directly then play a mercenary not a thief and join the IG. Now those combat quests ARE hard.

I still can't understand how that guy that got quoted in felipepepe's excellent incline trailer, died as an assassin in the first fight. That fight was piss easy, but then again I did the hitman background after finishing the merc one by siding with the IG. Which is arguably the hardest quest line in the demo.

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
Fun facts:

There are ca 15 bodycount checks in the demo but only 4 visible dialog choices. 12 is the highest that you'll need.

There are 85 streetwise checks in dialog in all sorts of combinations as well as alone. 75 persuasions all in all.

Biggest steal youll ever need in here is 43. 42 in lockpicks. 54 in sneak.

Not all checks are static. There are some with lulzy +-1 randomness. :lol:

Some checks always fail, I think.

1 lonely [traps] dialog, but ~7 checks and 42 points max needed.

51 is the highest crit strike dialog check.

There are even 5-10 gender checks.

Damn, I played through the demo as a merc and thief and it was nice.
Now that I see how many checks there are. Gee, tempted to salute VD...

Hellraiser

Arcane
Chapter II

On the quest for maximum thievan.

In this chapter Liberal will achieve MAXIMUM THIEVAN...

...or maybe in the next chapter. Can you guess what he needs to achieve maximum thievan? :smug:

Warning! The following chapter contains: ridiculous amounts of LP meta-LARP that may or may not make sense, a crude interpretation of a Georgian shitposter, gratuitous beating of proverbial dead horses, references to Wyrmlord, Wellerian Choices and MAJESTIC THIEVAN.

Thievan2-001.jpg

We left our dashing 4 CHA rogue in the den of deceit that is Feng's artifact emporium.

Thievan2-002.jpg

Thievan2-003.jpg

liberal.jpg
: Thievan ante portas bitches!

Thievan2-004.jpg

Liberal gets Emotionally Engaged(tm) by the harsh reality of post-apocalyptic not-Rome.

Thievan2-005.jpg

liberal.jpg
: These refuges were no doubt driven away from their Georgian homes by the bloodthirsty Russian scum. Show some compassion you motherfucker!

Thievan2-006.jpg

Way to piss into the pond you drink from Liberal :rpgcodex:

Thievan2-007.jpg

Thievan is the backbone of Teron economy. Must be all the Republican tax cuts. M:

Thievan2-008.jpg

We can just pay like a moron, although I guess that does have *some* kind of positive consequence. Or we can talk to the refugees first and *lend* them the money.

Thievan2-008.jpg

Thievan2-009.jpg

Is he serious? At any rate Liberal can feel the jewgold beckoning him.

Thievan2-010.jpg

jew-bwa-ha-ha.gif

Thievan2-011.jpg

Our other bit of business at the gate is buying kebab.

Thievan2-012.jpg

Thievan2-013.jpg

YQJUm.jpg

liberal.jpg
: What is your fucking lame story kebab guy?

zaeed.jpg
: So there I was, three guns pointed at my head by these nasty batarians, they looked like they took an acid bath as part of their daily morning routine...

liberal.jpg
: Batarians? What the fuck?

zaeed.jpg
:...when one of them, no doubt the stupidest bloody batarian I ever saw, thinks he can kick my arse in hand to hand combat.

liberal.jpg
: Not listening to your fucking bullshit bro.

zaeed.jpg
: So he proceeds to untie my hands. I punch him in his fucking ugly face, grab his gun and put a bullet in every one of his goddamn four eyes.

liberal.jpg
: Uh... four eyes?

zaeed.jpg
: The other two ugly bastards no doubt shat their pants on the spot. So they started running. I lobbed a grenade at them. Never knew batarians had so many guts inside of their bodies.

liberal.jpg
: Seriously bro, how is this disgusting shit supposed to make me fucking hungry and willing to buy your fucking kebab?

zaeed.jpg
: So you see, when Zaeed fucking Massani, the same Massani who killed at least seven hundred different men across the galaxy. Both human and alien. Tells you to buy a fucking kebab from him, you buy a fucking kebab from him. Or you end up dead, it is a bloody easy choice.

liberal.jpg
: [success] Uh... I see your point. I'll buy one.

Thievan2-014.jpg

liberal.jpg
: Motherfucker *I* am the thievan here! Eat my superior archeran asswipe!

Thievan2-015.jpg

liberal.jpg
: :rage:

Thievan2-016.jpg

Thievan2-017.jpg

Thievan2-018.jpg

Remember not to piss into your own pond bro!

Thievan2-019.jpg

zaeed.jpg
: And you better goddamn enjoy it.

Thievan2-020.jpg

Thievan2-021.jpg

ÜBERSTURMFÜHRER TELEPORTATION SYSTEM(tm): Sie sind in der Handelspiazza angekommen! Iron Tower über alles!

Thievan2-022.jpg

liberal.jpg
: You promised me 1500 jewgold fucker. But I guess you're a poor Gerogian refugee and shit so I won't insist. Damn Russians looting our proud land...

If you are feeling truly evil you can follow the guy home and kill him and his family. Odds are he would rape Liberal hard since he's quite decent with his hammer. Therefore it is better to backaway in Liberal's case. He gets 3 SP anyway.

Thievan2-023.jpg

Thievan2-024.jpg

Thievan2-025.jpg

liberal.jpg
: ...a very strange place?

Liberal is starting to feel dizzy. For a brief moment he catches a hazy glimpse of a strange place, as if remembering something or awakening...

lights.jpg

CTPCTagent.jpg
: Ah! Finally you are once again with us mister Glyphwrishvili, although a savage like you does *not* deserve to be called by a proper name...

glyphwrishvili.jpg
: (You try to insult the agent but you cannot speak, it appears almost every part of your body is paralyzed.)

CTPCTagent.jpg
: ...proper names after all are for *civilized* people. You on the other hand "Liberal" fought against the very concept of civilization itself, your legacy *is* barbarism.

glyphwrishvili.jpg
: (The agent's voice echoes in your head, a haze is starting to cover your eyes once again.)

doctor.jpg
: We're losing him again!

CTPCTagent.jpg
: The Chairman wants him al...

Liberal finishes his conversation with the noble Georgian refugee, who ran away from the Russian dogs that ravaged the Georgian land.

Thievan2-026.jpg

Here you can see the Word of Honor hidden check mentioned by bro CappenVarra.

Thievan2-027.jpg

Thievan2-028.jpg

Thievan2-028.jpg

Thievan2-029.jpg

Since that location is not present in the demo, this knowledge is useless to Liberal.

Thievan2-030.jpg

Thievan2-031.jpg

Nearly maximum sneakan! :incline:

Thievan2-032.jpg

Thievan2-033.jpg

Liberal does the smart thing of exploring shady back alleys in search of adventure.

Thievan2-034.jpg

liberal.jpg
: Your thievan is inferior cunt.

Thievan2-035.jpg

Thievan2-036.jpg

liberal.jpg
: Fuckers don't even know who runs the show! :decline:

Thievan2-037.jpg

Representin' da Teron theivan guild yo!

BTW with perception you can also notice they're trying to fool you and that you shouldn't follow Livia.

Livia tells you to follow her into a house where a two-man machete rape gang awaits. Clearly an encounter designed to kill biodrone PCs who thought she was a LI. I approve of such features Vince D. Weller :salute:

Thievan2-038.jpg

Thievan2-040.jpg

The magic of choices and consequences makes Livia arrive at the tavern before we do. Clearly Liberal needs to upgrade his teleportation device. HEIL WELLER!

Thievan2-041.jpg

Liberal gains disguisan. Unfortunately Liberal cannot into alts therefore disguisan is useless on him. Also it is not thievan enough.

Thievan2-042.jpg

This better not be a potential thievan LI Vince. Leave that shit outside of my CYOA with turnbased combat RPG bro!

Thievan2-043.jpg

Thievan2-044.jpg

Thievan has been slightly inclined. Now Liberal has maximum sneakan! You *can* raise skills above 50. But in the demo, outside of combat skills, it is pointless for most of the part.

Also raising skills above 50 costs 2 SP per 1 point instead of 1. So it is better to invest in other skills, at least in the demo.

Thievan2-045.jpg

Thievan2-046.jpg

Thievan2-048.jpg

Studded leather armor adds +2 to thievan LARP. Also it is the best choice for a thievan combat armor because its max AP is 11 (armor limits max AP depending on how heavy it is) and the sneak/dodge penalty is low.
A crafted one would have been somewhat better. Liberal will still need to hang on to his thievan silk clothes due to the sneakan penalties.

Sneaking or walking naked is impossible, it tends to automatically attract the religious police or something. Seriously, try it in the demo.

Thievan2-049.jpg

Thievan2-050.jpg

Thievan2-051.jpg

Thievan2-052.jpg

To heal in AoD one must visit a proper doctor. No popamole health regeneration or bullshit resting for three nights in a row here bros. This is the old shit :incline:.

Continued in the next post...

Hellraiser

Arcane
Thievan2-053.jpg

Thievan2-054.jpg

Thievan2-055.jpg

Liberal teleports to the palace. Time to pay a visit to Antidas and ask him about that map Liberal acquired in a totally legal way.

Thievan2-056.jpg

My palisade is augmented. Liberal takes the scenic route for maximum thievan.

Thievan2-057.jpg

Diguisan is for posers not thievan. I'll use Liberal's MAJESTIC Georgian strength and dexterity to get him into the palace.

Thievan2-058.jpg

Sneakan time!

Thievan2-059.jpg

Thievan2-060.jpg

The only reason to go to the upper level is if you raised disguisan. There is an angry mob of slaves there who can sell you slave rags to disguise yourself. However if you refuse to buy it then they just rape you, regardless of your reasons for not buying it.

That is what I like to call a Wellerian Choice. Basically that situation is the opposite of a Biowarian Choice where you end up doing something regardless of what you pick. In AoD, you must do something and if you don't want to (or you fail) then either you die or you fight and you most likely die.

Unless you play a combat character, then you slay all those in your path while yelling "SPARTA!" at the monitor.

Sneakan is the obvious choice, however Liberal will be back in this portion of the Iron Tower Ultimate Action System(tm) in a moment after he'll explore the rape-less areas of the palace.

Thievan2-061.jpg

Thievan2-062.jpg

Door number 1 leads to a very pissed off elite guard guarding a back door. He's a tough motherfucker, even my hitman could not kill him with his button of awesome despite lots of points in critical strike. Oh and he instantly kills you within the Iron Tower Ultimate Action System(tm) if you fail. A fine example of a Wellerian Choice(tm), which makes sense in context.

Door number 3 leads to other Wellerian Choice, obviously Liberal ignores it.

Door number 4 leads back outside so Liberal picks door number 2...

Thievan2-063.jpg

liberal.jpg
: This palace is in great need of wealth redistribution. The forty thievan of teron are starving this year.

Thievan2-064.jpg

Thievan2-065.jpg

I am now emotionally engaged in the thievan.

Thievan2-066.jpg

The sneakan choice is an obvious hint that we should not check out the other two places which contain Wellerian Choices.

Thievan2-067.jpg

What could be in the stone tower?

Thievan2-068.jpg

Now that is what I call...

...a stoner.

:yeah:

Thievan2-069.jpg

Option 3 leads to more thievan and less lame puns.

Thievan2-070.jpg

I think option 2 leads back, as a thievan however Liberal is obliged to climb upon the building. More thievan awaits him there.

Thievan2-071.jpg

Hitmen can kill the guard using their button of awesome. Liberal cannot into hitjob (he's Georgian not Lithuanian after all) so he opts for more thievan.

Every time you kill a guard here with the hitman button of awesome you get +1 to critical strike instead of SP. So don't be surprised if you don't get SP for the kills.

Thievan2-072.jpg

Sneakan down the hatch.

Thievan2-073.jpg

liberal.jpg
: Maximum thievan fuckers.

Thievan2-074.jpg

liberal.jpg
: I think I hit myself in the head. Fucking tabl...

georgianapartment.jpg

The haze before your eyes lifts, you see a face. It belongs to a well-dressed man who was born in a land that is and is not here.

maximillianajax.jpg
: Good afternoon Lavrientiy, I can call you that right?

glyphwrishvili.jpg
: Lavrientiy Glyphwrishvili is dead, your government killed him.

maximillianajax.jpg
: I share as much resentment for "my" government as you do. Your hostile attitude is unnecessary, I am here to help your cause... (he pauses) ...and mine.

glyphwrishvili.jpg
: So you are a traitor to your homeland?

maximillianajax.jpg
: I *am* loyal to my homeland. The government betrayed *me*, after it first betrayed the noble ideals upon which *my* homeland was built.

glyphwrishvili.jpg
: Bah! Your people are fucking slavers and imperialist scum, what "noble" ideals you might have? I will not rest until you all burn.

maximillianajax.jpg
: Now now Lavrientiy...

glyphwrishvili.jpg
: Call me Liberal or do not bother speaking to me at all!

maximillianajax.jpg
: (he sighs) Very well Liberal, like you I have no love for "my" government. I will aid you, with guns, bombs and devices that scholars in *your* earth have not even dreamed about.

glyphwrishvili.jpg
: What do you want in return?

maximillianajax.jpg
: That you become the Chairman's and his council's biggest nightmare. Along with a few minor favors, but we will talk about them when the ti...

Liberal awakens still hiding under the table. The servants are gone and none the wiser of his presence.

Thievan2-075.jpg

liberal.jpg
: I shall redistribute the wealth displayed in that room. It was no doubt stolen by Russians from Georgian patriots in Ossetia.

Thievan2-076.jpg

[intelligence] Clearly it can't be that easy.

Thievan2-078.jpg

liberal.jpg
: I am too skilled in the ways of trapan fuckers.

Thievan2-079.jpg

Contrary to popular belief you can examine the environment in AoD.

Thievan2-080.jpg

Once again Liberal makes use of his high PER.

Thievan2-081.jpg

:rage:

Thievan2-082.jpg

A craftan check has denied Liberal his prize! Craftan is not thievan! :x

Thievan2-083.jpg

Thievan2-084.jpg

Antidas is obviously pissed off that you broke into his palace. If as a hitman (or any other character with high critical strike) you killed some of his guards, he is even more pissed and mentions that. However if your kill count is high enough you can convince him that your killer instinct could serve him well.

liberal.jpg
: What do you know of this fucking map?

Thievan2-085.jpg

Liberal uses a typical Wymrlordian reply of asking a ton of inquiring questions. However, unlike Wyrmlord, Liberal can pass the Turing test. Shocking but true.

Thievan2-086.jpg

Thievan2-087.jpg

Thievan2-088.jpg

Thievan2-089.jpg

Thievan2-090.jpg

Thievan2-091.jpg

Thievan2-092.jpg

Liberal's personal charm is insufficient, these people have way too high standards for him.

Thievan2-093.jpg

Thievan2-094.jpg

Thievan2-095.jpg

Thievan2-096.jpg

The legendary charms of Liberal at work once again.

Thievan2-097.jpg

Thievan2-098.jpg

Thievan2-099.jpg

Thievan2-100.jpg

Thievan2-101.jpg

Thievan2-102.jpg

liberal.jpg
: Are you into roleplaying in the bedroom or something you sick fuck?

Thievan2-103.jpg

Thievan2-104.jpg

Thievan2-105.jpg

Challenge accepted! Unfortunately while I did intend to free the guy using superior archeran I forgot about doing that before I reached the point of no return in the thievan guild quest line :retarded:. :decline: of memory.

Thievan2-106.jpg

Maandoran is not in the demo so quest 1 is out of the question. Talking to Cado is next on the agenda after Liberal engages in more thievan, this time in the mines.

Thievan2-107.jpg

Thievan2-108.jpg

Lockpickan and archeran are inclined. However Liberal has not yet achieved maximum thievan.

Thievan2-109.jpg

A Role Playing Game without exploring an underground location is like a poem written by prosper that makes sense. It just feels wrong.

That is it for Chapter II. I intended the mine and thievan quest to be present within it along with one combat video. Alas the deluge of screenshots prevented me from doing that.

Chapter III will feature thievan in the mines, LARPing a highwayman and the Micheal Bay solution to the merchant problem. Oh and Liberal will finally achieve maximum thievan.

Esquilax

Arcane
You know, seeing that encounter with the girl REALLY makes me wish that you decided to LARP this good shit as hiver.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Yeah but hiver would just white knight that shit and get his money stolen. There is not a whole lot of opportunities for white knighting in the AoD demo. We can always whine on the Iron Tower forums so that Vince&Co introduce more whiteknightan.

BTW I couldn't get that encounter to trigger initially, then I realized Liberal was broke as fuck. Clearly Livia passed a PER check when looking for a wealthy target :salute:

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Wait, so Liberal cannot into exploring Feng's backdoor? Or it was another memory failure? :)

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
So a superior Übermensch tells ya that 42 is the max check at lockpick and you go ahead to 45, yes?
IS THAT SO SUNSHINE?!

Esquilax

Arcane
bada-bump-bump-bump

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom