Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Expansion

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Miranda Meadows puts on a blonde wig and makes her grand debut in the Witcher 3, congrats SMA.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Those centipedes required strong style combined with bindweed for acid damage instead of golden oriole for poison damage as one would expect.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
From that short snippet it sounds a bit like they're going back towards the quest design of the main game rather than continuing on the path they chose with Hearts of Stone, which generally had very elaborate main quests with tons of attention to detail. I really liked how much effort clearly went into those quests in HoS, and they gave me some nice TW1 vibes at times with their leisurely socializing and slower pacing among other things. Hopefully they'll retain some more of that in the next expansion as well, because mingling with nobles (against Geralt's will, of course) and drinking lots of wine is something that should certainly be a part of an adventure set in Toussaint, and that kind of stuff was a bit lacking in TW3 and TW2 where it felt like you were just rushing through the main plot at times.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Miranda Meadows puts on a blonde wig and makes her grand debut in the Witcher 3, congrats SMA.

What? The face looks more like Scarlet Lake from Alpha Protocol.

Bz0jKK-CMAEVGRs.jpg

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
In the meantime... I like how they poke fun at themselves in their games.

Igniting/dousing candles when trying to loot, and money making exploits.

Ivan

Arcane
quick ?

I gave up on W3 cuz my gpu couldn't take it anymore. I've upgraded to a 970 (will upgrade in 2 months when amd/inv play their cards)

does the main oc affect the released DLC? is it a continuation of the story, or a separate "adventure" (e.g. Mass Effect dlc)?

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
does the main oc affect the released DLC? is it a continuation of the story, or a separate "adventure" (e.g. Mass Effect dlc)?
Separate adventures, although some familiar characters will supposedly make an appearance in the upcoming expansion.

NullFlow

Savant
Looks like the leak promising grandmaster Witcher gear, a customizable home and vineyard, dying outfits and Skellige gwent cards was right. Wonder about how accurate the rest of the leak is in regards to things like new animations, additional skills and trophies.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i still wonder if this take place before the real campaign, how does this trip work, your daughter is missing, and a fucking interdimensional elves is invading to kidnap her

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I don't think you're supposed to care about that.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
The Finnish translation of The Lady of The Lake is coming 6th of June. :argh: And I haven't touched the previous three books in six months. :argh: And I should be reading entrace examination books (or whatever they are called in English) :argh:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Apparently Blood and Wine might end up bigger than Witcher 2 by itself.
The new expansion includes over 90 quests with more than 30 hours of gameplay.

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-witcher...medium=twitter

They said 10 hours for Hearts of Stone, I played for 18, with this one I am starting to expect 40-50 exploring and doing everything :p

It should be fun to play Far Harbour and Blood and Wine right after and compare their respective qualities. I am hoping for Bubbles reviews.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
i still wonder if this take place before the real campaign, how does this trip work, your daughter is missing, and a fucking interdimensional elves is invading to kidnap her
That stuff has already been dealt with. You just go to Toussaint for whatever reason that is fitting for a witcher and don't care about the base game's main quest at all. Yeah, this becomes kind of problematic if you got a certain ending in TW3, but whatever, it's the right way to go.

Apparently Blood and Wine might end up bigger than Witcher 2 by itself.
Quite certainly it'll be a whole lot more linear, though, as expansions tend to be (and as TW3 itself was).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom