Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Expansion

Gerrard

Arcane
>have access to leaked info
>post it on the official forums

There are limits to stupidity, there is no way this is real.

New NPC Type: New npc’s that will offer to change Armors Colors and we will 1 in each of the major areas-Novigrad/Skellige/Toussaint.
Great. If I could ask the devs one question I would ask how does it make them feel knowing that they wasted a ton of money and time making all these fucking armors that no one ever used.

Tytus

Arcane
There are limits to stupidity, there is no way this is real.

From Reddit:

For the lazy : About the "leaked" info. Just for the record, before everyone looses thier minds. There is no leak, just pure speculation, predticions and a little bit of good old trolling. There is no need to remove any ot those posts

Gerrard

Arcane
There are no limits to stupidity, this can be real up to a point.

Fixed that a bit for you.
You mean like around the "the map will be bigger than the whole Velen map despite the fact that they are making it in less than a year" part?
Anyway, yeah, it was fake, no surprise.

The stuff that was datamined from the game's files already sounds dumb as hell though. Gotta have a house, cause, you know, we want the Bethesda audience.

Gerrard

Arcane
Also new gwent deck "Skellige" and cards with new ability types. I don't remember where I saw it originally, it was a good while ago. Apparently it was based on strings from localization files that were already in HoS or something like that.

Still, it might have been just as fake.

Perkel

Arcane
19ht7iH.jpg

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Apparently Vilgefortz (the main villain from the books) dying words where something about blood&wine so some speculate that they could have him return as end boss.
I read all the books and don't remember that at all...he said nothing in my translation before Geralt killed him, so it could be made up....or its somewhere else in dialogues.

That would be mega retarded and i also don't remember it.

Bringing back Geralt was mega retarded.

57963686.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
Nah.

Geralt didn't die in books. Whole point of ending was to leave things open.

Though what i loved about it was that how he "died". Back in blood of elves he mentioned that he learned from someone that he will die by a beast pulverized by horns which if you think about it is what exactly happened just beast was a human and horns were his pitchfork.

So in esense you have hogwash that became true which completes whole destiny is real/ destiny is hogwash theme running through all books.

Tytus

Arcane
Nah.

Geralt didn't die in books. Whole point of ending was to leave things open.

Though what i loved about it was that how he "died". Back in blood of elves he mentioned that he learned from someone that he will die by a beast pulverized by horns which if you think about it is what exactly happened just beast was a human and horns were his pitchfork.

So in esense you have hogwash that became true which completes whole destiny is real/ destiny is hogwash theme running through all books.

Yup, Sapkowski also kinda brought back Geralt himself in the newest book. There is a part that takes place many years after the books and Geralt shows up to save a girl (though it's ambiguous how that happaned).

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
On which book is Blood and Wine based ?

None. But it takes place in place where once geralt in books was. Same as Vizima, Skellig and other places.
Geralt was never in Skellige in the books, at least not 'on-screen', though he probably visited the place during his long life. The closest look we got at Skellige in the books was when Yennefer teleported there to escape Lodge of Sorceresses and investiagate Sedna Abyss, and from Ciri's flashbacks.

Blood and Wine is set in Toussaint, which was also a setting of a significant part of the then-final book. Toussaint is a puppet Duchy allied with Nilfgaard, but effectively neutral, which in-universe works as an anachronistic almost fairy-like state filled with chivalrous knights and other witcher-flavoured medieval tropes.

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
So, is there a release date yet for the expansion? Waiting for the "complete" edition for my second playthrough.

Perkel

Arcane
Never said on screen.

I'd say that more apt comparison is amsterdam of europe. Everybody thinks everyone there is stoned all time and clubs are open 24h/7 but once you get there sure clubs are open and you can get stone but magic buble bursts and it is just normal city just that looks cool from outside.

Which goes back to whole subverse tropes Sapkowski loves to do.

What can be sure about is that this has position to be onevof the greatest expansions ever. Considering their writting and setting of dreamy kingdom.

Hell i'd say that they could sell it standalone and get goty awards this tear too.

Perkel

Arcane
What can be sure about is that this has position to be onevof the greatest expansions ever.

Throne of Bhaal :troll:

It will be hard to top that but Tuisant is just fucking amazing place to write stories. Couple that and CDPR writers and you will have something amazing. Also Tuuisnat is like #1 thing fans wanted in game to see. Them doing that only shows that they know and understand fanbase and are fans themselves.

Perkel

Arcane
more concept art covers. looks like some vampire companion could be regis ?

DYdLz7A.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom