Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The rumors of Obsidians death have been greatly exaggerated!

Someone's Alt

Novice
JL's avatar totally looks like Osama bin Laden. Quite fitting in this case.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You complain about games like Arcanum and Planescape having shitty combat, yet you like Eschalon. What else can I say?

Deleted member 7219

Vault Dweller said:
I guess my strong criticism of KOTOR 2 and NWN2 wasn't enough. I should have publically announced that I will neither play another Obsidian game evAr again nor speak to an Obsidian developer (other than in anger, of course).

I thought you liked MotB?

Monocause

Arcane
FeelTheRads said:
Yes, even Arcanum had better combat than The Witcher

You a masochist? Combat in Arcanum was broken. TW had a lot of missed potential in the combat department and fe. it could do miles better if it had Revenant (anyone remembers the game?) style combat. Still, even the tutorial fights in TW where you had only one attack were much more enjoyable than Arcanum combat.
As to the 'better story and writing' - that's prone to discussion. I finished TW being engrossed in the story while during all of my Arcanum attempts I got to Qintarra and couldn't make myself to continue with the game. Yes, I never finished the game.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Matt7895 said:
FeelTheRads said:
Better combat. Yes, even Arcanum had better combat than The Witcher

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good joke.

Yes because it's true. In Arcanum you at least control your character in combat, compared to TW which plays itself while you play QTE mini-game.
I thought games were about me controlling my character instead of making the character jump or bark for food when the game tells me to do so.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I had no idea I was so funny.

Well... I know it's cool to make fun of the combat in Arcanum and I didn't really like it myself. Some tell me it's because I haven't tried it in turn-based.
But... The Witcher's combat? Please... just for a second imagine there are no awesome combat animations in it and see then. I'm sure those animations blinded many a people to what the combat in The Witcher really amounts to.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'd rather take Witcher's combat that is fast and pleasant for the eye, than Arcanum's that is fucking awful (both turn-based and real time), slow as fuck as turn-based and too damn fucking fast (with skeleton machinegunners) as real time, with buttfuck fugly animations and being a general frustratingly bland and boring chore.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
105782d1239001208-funny-strange-random-pics-whoa.gif

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Great, more of these retarded gay/furry/hentai pics. At least just post a fucking link.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
TW: choose style (doesn't always matter), click monster, wait for icon, click, wait, click, wait.

RT combat in Arcanum was horrible but TB was decent. I didn't find the animations too bad and it definately was not "too" slow.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
That's okay. of course TRUE trolls are better trolls than me since I don't troll. R00fles!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Matthew Rorie said:
The only hint we can provide is that the game will be awesome.

AWESOME²!

I wonder why he doesn't come by here and wade through the shit and troll infested sewer that is the codex? At least Anthony has balls of steel.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Volourn said:
That's okay. of course TRUE trolls are better trolls than me since I don't troll. R00fles!
You're the biggest troll i've ever seen, and i've seen germans in person.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom