Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The rumors of Obsidians death have been greatly exaggerated!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Last RPG I played and enjoyed was The Witcher,

And Troika deserved to die?
Now, I liked The Witcher quite a lot, but The Witcher > Troika's games?

Yes, that IS poor taste. Very poor taste. I'd kill myself if I was you.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
FeelTheRads said:
Yes, that IS poor taste. Very poor taste. I'd kill myself if I was you.
Yes. I believe The Witcher was more entertaining than Arcanum, ToEE and Vampire combined. Go fuck yourself.

CD Projekt had a few problems, like the long loading times but they fixed it. They didn't release one patch and then forget about the game. Troika Games were so fucking lazy that a talented fan had to patch it for them. See ToEE and Vampire for more examples where fans did a better job of fixing the games. Troika Games were shit at patching their games, and I defy you to make excuses on their behalf. Go on you stupid fuck, defend Troika Games. This should be good for a laugh.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Design is far far more important than bugs. I don't know but I find more entertaining a good, but bugged game than a mediocre but bug-free one...oops, wait, The Witcher was also bugged as hell at release.

Go on you stupid fuck, defend Troika Games.

Don't tell me you have a history of litigating too?

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
FeelTheRads said:
Design is far far more important than bugs. I don't know but I find more entertaining a good, but bugged game than a mediocre but bug-free one...oops, wait, The Witcher was also bugged as hell at release.
Troika Games obviously did a great job at designing the combat in Arcanum. Where they fucking drunk when they designed the combat? I played The Witcher and apart from the long loading times had no problems. CD Projekt fixed this with patches, what did Troika Games do? They made one fucking patch. One fucking patch and then ignored the game. Just like Obsidian Entertainment and KOTOR II. Troika Games were motherfucking lazy and you fucking know it.

FeelTheRads said:
Don't tell me you have a history of litigating too?
Team Gizka? Heh. Another group of fans doing the developers job. Someone needs to whip them after their recent announcement.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I don't know if they were lazy or not. Let's assume they were... or that they got lazy after the release of Arcanum, because I could never believe lazy people made a game as complex as that. So... um.. what? The point still remains that save for bugs their games are miles ahead of The Witcher.

I played The Witcher and apart from the long loading times had no problems.

Sorry, but even the Enhanced Edition had problems and the loading times are not what I'd call short, but indeed much better than at release when they were horrendous.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
FeelTheRads said:
The point still remains that save for bugs their games are miles ahead of The Witcher.
Miles ahead of The Witcher? You must be talking about choices and consequences! Anything that has that in abundance automatically gets a free ride here at RPG Codex. You get a different image at the end with a different voice over. Wow! Certainly worth playing the game again to go through all the fucking combat again.

And Spacemoose, not in the mood for your bullshit today. Go and piss about in General Discussion you stupid piece of shit.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Miles ahead of The Witcher? You must be talking about choices and consequences!

No, I'm talking about pretty much everything.

Let's see...

Arcanum, Bloodlines, ToEE

Better combat. Yes, even Arcanum had better combat than The Witcher and let's not even mention ToEE.
Better character creation. Really, nigga, The Witcher has no character creation worth mentioning.
Better exploration.

Arcanum, Bloodlines

Better story.
Better dialogs.
Better writing overall.

Arcanum

Better everything.

Certainly worth playing the game again to go through all the fucking combat again.

Do tell me what is the replay value of The Witcher. Might it be... uh... zero?

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
FeelTheRads said:
Better combat. Yes, even Arcanum had better combat than The Witcher...
You have very poor taste. I'd kill myself if I was you. Arcanum has better combat than The Witcher? Complete and utter bullshit. You fucking fanboy. Even Planescape Torment has better combat than Arcanum. You fucking fanboy.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Arcanum has better combat than The Witcher?

Yes, take the spiffy combat animations out of the Witcher and see if the combat is even worth watching. At least in Arcanum the combat didn't depended on whether I can do a click-combo or not.

Complete and utter bullshit.

Fine. How about addressing my other claims then?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Jedi_Learner said:
...I'd kill myself if I was you...Complete and utter bullshit...fucking fanboy...fucking fanboy.
Excess fluff removed.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
FeelTheRads said:
Fine. How about addressing my other claims then?
You think Arcanum has better combat than The Witcher. Do I really need to read the rest of your bullshit?

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist

I leave you now with this image. If there is any justice in the world Obsidian Entertainment will be next. And I'll be there, laughing when it happens.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Come on! Just a little bit more and maybe Jedi will provide us with new plaaaaaaaaaaaane tickets level content!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom