Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The rumors of Obsidians death have been greatly exaggerated!

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Funny thing is, the very people that say MotB is a good RPG game are the very ones that say Trokia Games made good games. Troika Games made shit games and thankfully went bankrupt. Obsidian Entertainment deserves the same fate, especially after their first game.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
But Jedi_Learner, you're talking about people, not companies! Saying Obsidian deserves the same fate as Troika Games just because you can't forgive them for KOTOR II is kinda silly, don't you think? If Obsidian goes down, all those people that worked for the company are out of a job! Don't you have a heart!? Take your hate elsewhere!

Save it hypocrite, I know you're reading.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Matt7895 said:
Volourn said:
'To make a better comparison was KotOR2 better than KotOR? Yes.

Was NWN2 better than NWN? Yes."

No.

Yes.
Kotor 1 and 2 were both on even ground in terms of quality imo, both were pretty shit.

NWN1 was better then 2 but it still sucked

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
CrimsonAngel said:
Jedi_Learner said:
Trash said:
Mask of the Betrayer was awesome.
I'm not buying Neverwinter Nights II again just so I can play an add-on. Regardless, MotB uses the same poorly optimized engine and the same crappy combat. I tortured myself through the combat in Arcanum, you really think I want to go through something like that again?

Trash said:
Also, sausages.
:D

Well you Sir suck if you are not willing to make a few sacrifices to get a chance to play one of the best RPG experiences, sins Troika died, then maybe you should go hang out with a more simple crowed like the HALO fanboys.

You would fit right in.
Omg lets all play the TEAM UP ON THE GUY WHO STANDS OUT GAME

omg someone doesn't want to waste money on fucking shit nwn2 and its worthless expantion.

Face it the only reason why you all like motb is because vince gave it a good review, so either fuck off or kill yourself.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Is there a good reason why I shouldn't ban you for being a dick?
I'm usually a good member. I posted in anger and didn't mean what I posted. Your posts were not drivel. Sorry.
Tell me that you understood what I said, promise to be a good boy and respect my wishes, and I'll be more than happy to leave you alone.
I've read this topic again. I understand what you've posted, and I promise to be a good boy and respect your wishes.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
I was bullied into apologising. His constant sucking up to Obsidian Entertainment makes me sick.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I guess my strong criticism of KOTOR 2 and NWN2 wasn't enough. I should have publically announced that I will neither play another Obsidian game evAr again nor speak to an Obsidian developer (other than in anger, of course).

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Micormic said:
CrimsonAngel said:
Jedi_Learner said:
Trash said:
Mask of the Betrayer was awesome.
I'm not buying Neverwinter Nights II again just so I can play an add-on. Regardless, MotB uses the same poorly optimized engine and the same crappy combat. I tortured myself through the combat in Arcanum, you really think I want to go through something like that again?

Trash said:
Also, sausages.
:D

Well you Sir suck if you are not willing to make a few sacrifices to get a chance to play one of the best RPG experiences, sins Troika died, then maybe you should go hang out with a more simple crowed like the HALO fanboys.

You would fit right in.
Omg lets all play the TEAM UP ON THE GUY WHO STANDS OUT GAME
Yes. God forbid some people would want to throw shit at a retard.

Murk

Arcane
So... Jedi Learner... what exactly do you like?

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Oh noes! Someone doesn't like Obsidian Entertainment OR Troika Games! This person clearly has no taste. He must be a Bethesda lover!

spacemoose

Erudite
my theory is that jedilearner yearns for structure and an authority figure to affirm his actions

perhaps his father left when he was young

when he doesn't get the nod, the pat on the back from the person he's decided to venerate, he feels betrayed. again

Jedi_Learner said:
Oh noes! Someone doesn't like Obsidian Entertainment OR Troika Games! This person clearly has no taste. He must be a Bethesda lover!

Actually, I think the problem is that you've been asked to step up to the plate multiple times, and say what crpgs you HAVE liked in the past 10 years or so, and you've dodged the question each time. Which gives the impression that you don't actually have any basis from which to criticise any rpg at all, including Bethesda's, and that you're just writing them off in a poor attempt to get Codex Cool Points or because you're really a FPS Halo fan who has never actually LIKED a crpg to start with.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Seriously girlfriend. D R A M A

Next all we need is Rex to post and the circle would be complete.

On topic:

If they *Just* signed a contract, that means we have to wait.... quite a while for whatever the fuck it is they are working on.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jedi_Learner said:
Funny thing is, the very people that say MotB is a good RPG game are the very ones that say Trokia Games made good games. Troika Games made shit games and thankfully went bankrupt. Obsidian Entertainment deserves the same fate, especially after their first game.
Is it that time of the month again?

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Jedi_Learner, you never stated which games you liked.

Persay, which games are those, by chance?

Zomg

Arbiter
So for those of us with ignore scripts, what did Obsidian land, anyway? Still a mystery?

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Planescape Torment and Fallout. Last RPG I played and enjoyed was The Witcher, even if I didn't give it a high score.

Edit:

I'm surprised.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom