Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Maybe this wasn't posted and maybe this was:

http://www.change.org/petitions/bioware-corp-come-out-publicly-in-support-of-jennifer-hepler

And I reiterate my stance: Fuck BioWare, fuck EA, fuck their fanboys and fuck shit writers that might happen to be fat women or toupee-wearing men.

commenter said:
I for one welcome subpar writing in the industry.
We need diversity, not elitism!

:lol:

Hepler victim bullshit. Its sad that feminst and other fight for minority rights agenda can fuck up all the logic and common sense in nowdays games and movies ...
I have nothing agains homo relations in modern games settings,but i have all against medieval settings... this is pure logic rape. Homos back then get burn kill and stab all the time.

DraQ

Arcane
Lulz are at the end of this post if tl;dr.
Jennifer's story is already gaining some popularity.

• http://www.destructoid.com/bioware-writer-s-vagina-versus-the-internet-222206.phtml
    BioWare writer's vagina versus the Internet

By far her greatest "crime" was suggesting that games should let the player skip combat, stating: "Games almost always include a way to "button through" dialogue without paying attention, because they understand that some players don't enjoy listening to dialogue and they don't want to stop their fun. Yet they persist in practically coming into your living room and forcing you to play through the combats even if you're a player who only enjoys the dialogue."
    Whether you agree or disagree, it's not like she cut a toddler's achilles tendons with a rusty scalpel. Still, however, this is the Internet.

Hundreds of messages have been sent to Hepler, as a simple Twitter search shows. Many choose to attack her writing and ability to craft characters. A staggering number focus on her physical appearance, choosing to call her such delightful names as "fat bitch" and "obese cunt." Some want to know why she's "obsessed with shoehorning homosexual relationships down gamer's throats."
Maybe she will get fired in the end. :salute:

Jim Sterling said:
She's also received a lot of heat for admitting that she doesn't like to play games -- certainly a requirement if your job is to craft narrative (sarcasm).
Well, I don't known about the others but monoclean crowd at the codex has always raged hard at objected to provisions allowing one to skip maybe not narrative, as there are legitimate reasons for it (like reloads and replays), but assimilating information conferred by the narrative to get to the gameplay faster, such as quest compass, inability to fail quests, unkillable NPCs and so on.
It's only fair that those willing to skip gameplay in favour of getting to the narrative faster should get just as much flak.

Plus, narrative design for an interactive medium that is also a game should get into account both interactivity and the fact that games have some sort of win/loss, punishment/reward system built into them.
Looking at narrative and gameplay in isolation, which allows the player to opt out of one or another, rather than tightly intertwined, inseparable and mutually supporting entities is why we can't have nice things in games, but either primitive gamist triffles or (barely) interactive movies.

If someone who has an account can quote that on destroid, I'd be grateful, BTW - I'm certainly not going to register on every place on the 'net when someone posts a stupid there.
:rpgcodex:

We're already getting some of the blame:

http://sanityscraps.tumblr.com/post/17931773979/jennifer-heplers-nick-name-on-rpg-codex-is-hamburger

2djxzdf.jpg
I will gladly comply once she:

-GTFO of my :obviously: disorder and stops giving it a bad name.

-Provides a ride.

Maybe it's because Bioware hires tards and Valve hires bros. Oh, Valve. :love:
I have certain respect for Valve, for it is the company that can create genuinely interesting and fairly convincing *alien* aliens while starting from ideas like "let's make an alien monster that attacks with RAEP" or "Guys, while not just hang a giant nutsack under a huge armoured spider and call it a day?".

It's like Valve is a huge machine for distilling :retarded: into :obviously: .

The post isn't tripe because it criticizes Bioware. It's tripe because it makes a non-falsifiable position by delegitimizing any objection to it. It's the same mentality that conspiracy theorists get into when they claim that the reason they aren't believed is because other people are sheeple: to disagree automatically disqualifies you.

It's a fallacy, and pretty pathetic.

Is this guy for real?
So it's the same mentality that Bioware sycophants get into when they claim that the reason they aren't believed is because other people are trolls: to disagree automatically disqualifies you? 'k.
:hmmm:

Then ask that they include ability to make male to female transformation in-game, or even technology that lets you change sex at will
Larian is way ahead of them.

Except DKS didn't suck and wasn't a bromance simulator disguised as an RPG.
:smug:

As HHR would put it she disobeyed the golden rule, sowed the wind and reaped the whirlwind, reaped what she sowed, and all that.
As DraQ would put it she disobeyed the golden rule and reaped the golden rain.
:troll:

I can see how her and us sharing a planet would be a bad thing. But since there's a bunch of us distributed all over the world (I mean, the logistics of rounding us up would be a nightmare), wouldn't it be both more cost-efficient and eco-friendly to settle for launching her into orbit? Same end result, less energy and smaller CO2 footprint.
At the cost of some fierce tides, though.
:smug:

Random

Arcane
Patron
Yeeeeees, let the hate consuuuuume you.... Soon, very soon, you will be ready to join our rankssssss....

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
:smug: I wonder what JADE RAYMOND JADE RAYMOND JADE RAYMOND(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) has to say about all this?

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Call me Becca. 19. Left-winger, atheistic, bi/ace/demi questioning dork who's unlikely to let your bullshit slide. Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Torchwood, The Hunger Games, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, politics, and feminism abound.

:hmmm:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is simply someone who knows nothing about the Codex. Ignore her. She's irrelevant.

I don't believe that knowing more about the 'Dex would change her opinion in any meaningful way, except maybe make her even more outraged.

edit: fucked up the quoting pretty badly

Deleted member 7219

Talking about Doctor Who/Torchwood, what fucking awful TV shows they are. Somebody should sit her ass down in front of real TV... Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Homeland. She's probably get bored though if shit like DW/Harry Potter/Torchwood are her favourites. Awful trash.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Talking about Doctor Who/Torchwood, what fucking awful TV shows they are. Somebody should sit her ass down in front of real TV... Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Homeland. She's probably get bored though if shit like DW/Harry Potter/Torchwood are her favourites. Awful trash.

:(

I don't know how to interact with people who don't have room in their hearts for shitty sci-fi shows. I just don't. That opening track does nothing for you?

Deleted member 7219

Hang on, Doctor Who has been good sometimes. I actually really liked that first season with Matt Smith as the Doctor, and Karen Gillan (that her name?) as the sidekick. Then it become overwhelmingly shitty again.

Torchwood, though... nobody can defend that, can they? Sex put in random places for the sake of it, stupid jokes, absurd flights of fancy (I'm thinking of that most recent series where they make a cure for a poison by ripping apart some plane seats). Sorry but these two shows make me rage so hard, especially when there is so much better stuff out there.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Matt Smith is the cancer that killed the new Doctor Who series, David Tennant made that show and they got rid of him.

That's like firing Patrick Stewart from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Matt Smith is the cancer that killed the new Doctor Who series, David Tennant made that show and they got rid of him.

That's like firing Patrick Stewart from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

And replacing him with Tom Hardy.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Oh, I thought the new Dr. Who series had their moments, with the "Blink," the Blitz, and the Madame de Pomadour episodes. I like the actors well enough--Eccleston did a pretty good job, as well as Tennant. It's just there's a lot of emphasis on epicness and how awesome the doctor is... I think it's also more self-aware about its campiness. That's what makes it less pleasant for me. I think I've still seen a fair number of them.

Multi-headed Cow

I like Matt Smith, and I've been having more fun with the show after Russel T Davies left. He gets a brofist for helping bring the show back, but his cheese was thick. Steven Moffat's cheese is a much better amount.

Gondolin

Arcane
Call me Becca. 19. Left-winger, atheistic, bi/ace/demi questioning dork who's unlikely to let your bullshit slide. Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Torchwood, The Hunger Games, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, politics, and feminism abound.

I think she delivered her own punchline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom