Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

racofer

Thread Incliner
:lol: I wonder if that could be the Warden's son with Morrigan.

We're already getting some of the blame:

http://sanityscraps.tumblr.com/post/17931773979/jennifer-heplers-nick-name-on-rpg-codex-is-hamburger

2djxzdf.jpg

Meanwhile, over at the Codex!

20061003.gif

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/260/index/9381043/1

Hi Everyone

Below, please see a message from BioWare co-founder Dr. Ray Muzyka in regards to the recent attacks on Jennfer Hepler.

Jennifer is a valued, talented employee who has been with BioWare for many years and we hope will be with us for many more. It is awful that a few people have decided to make her a target for hate and threats, going so far as fabricating forum posts and attributing them to her, and singling her out for projects to which she has not contributed (i.e., Jennifer is not even a part of the Mass Effect writing team). All of us at BioWare support and will continue to support Jennifer fully, and are happy to see so many people out there are also supporting her during this difficult time.

- Dr. Ray Muzyka. Co-Founder of BioWare; General Manager, BioWare Label; Senior Vice President, Electronic Arts

Additionally we will be making a donation of $1000 in Jennifer's name to Bullying Canada. Please feel free to also donate to this worthy cause in support.

Thank you again to everyone who has supported Jennifer and BioWare in this difficult time.
smile.png

:hero:

The whole ordeal was over the top and uncalled for. Apparently people found her number and harrassed her home phone, who the fuck does that? If reddit and 4chan had focused on specific criticisms of her writing ("make me a sammich", her characters are MELODRAMATIC) and that "wonderful" book she made, that UFO CIA one and spammed twitter with that, it'd be okay. Of course that's not what happened, because it's the internetz. One thing that I do like about it is that the general opinion feels it's Mrs. Hepler's opinions on games which triggered this whole thing. Which is at least one step up from bullshit feminist musings on misogyny as if the reason people hated her work is because she's a woman and not because they *gasp* don't like her writing.

(BioWare's writing team is like half female, yet Hepler's the only one who cops flak - gamers hate women! Does that make sense to anyone?)

I wholeheartedly agree that all of the attacks on her were reprehensible, but I also feel that it's fair to say that her quote "I just figure they're jealous that I get to have both a vagina AND a games industry job, and they can't get either." was incredibly unprofessional and somewhat deluded. "They are all just jealous" is the most shallow, vain retort a person could possibly have, even to personal attacks. The people that attacked her are idiots, but her response did not show much humility or insight.

Like this is pretty reasonable bros.

I think she hit it on the head. She has power they don't have, and is a *gasp* woman to boot! She doesn't have to be 'humble'. Getting into the industry as a woman is hard, and staying there (specially for as long as she has) is harder. More power to her.

Oh, for the love of God...

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
hahahahaha that money probably won't even do anyone any good, and it's probably nothing coming from them

it's so fucking souless

LoPan

Learned
Through theoretical bullying, anti-bullying gained funding. It's almost like a Star Trek episode.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

Alread posted. The response from BioWare was pretty much expected, though the donation was not. I won't complain about BioWare losing money to a decent cause, even if it's just $1000.

The :retarded: comes from the comments and how personally offended and enraged they are from Mrs. Hepler's treatment and how a few of them are driven to make this a sexism issue.

racofer

Thread Incliner
From that thread:

I find it absoloutly hilarious that the comment made by the TheCourier, a well written, fair and critical post was deleted before mine, where I expressed hope for Hepler miscarrying her baby. Surely all the Biodrones in this thread should think about that and realise who they're worshiping.

:lol: :lol:

That post that got edited, by the way, was very well worded and summed up pretty well that the problem is Bioware. Now it got edited (without any edition mark) to a post that says "Ladies and gentlemen, this is absolutely unacceptable."

WOW

Even Besthapo ain't this fucked up.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
From that thread:

I find it absoloutly hilarious that the comment made by the TheCourier, a well written, fair and critical post was deleted before mine, where I expressed hope for Hepler miscarrying her baby. Surely all the Biodrones in this thread should think about that and realise who they're worshiping.

:lol: :lol:

That post that got edited, by the way, was very well worded and summed up pretty well that the problem is Bioware. Now it got edited (without any edition mark) to a post that says "Ladies and gentlemen, this is absolutely unacceptable."

WOW

Even Besthapo ain't this fucked up.

Fuck bro, you didn't even mention the funniest part.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/260/index/9381043/11#9383347

Andhaira

25klkea.gif

:lol:

Did anyone read the post though? I know BioWare cannot into legitimate criticism but it would've been nice to see what Andhaira's (lol) bitching about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom